Posts by IT Diva

Once you start trying to go sub ambient, or more specifically, sub-dew point, you open up a whole new can of worms with the condensation issue.I wouldn't want to try going there without doing it on a dedicated tech bench setup, where you can reach everything, insulate well, and have a chance of keeping it fairly dry.I'll be showing more in coming pics as to how I have this planned out in a rather modular format, with the exchangers module at the bottom and somewhat...
I dunno Angel, . . . . we got at least a few minimum standards for club members Nah, you're added . . .Welcome aboard.Darlene
Guys, I need a bit of help from you EK officiandos . . . . Can you link me to which series res tubes this dual D5 top is made for . . . looks like it needs an external thread on the ends, or is there an adapter that screws into the pump top and a tube into that? Thanks in advance, Darlene
Done
The 5LT may be a bit unique, . . . we'll need Shoogy to tell us for sure.When you set it to be a slave, it looses its PWM capability all together, . . . . it may for some reason have been made with an internal pull up, where the 5 and 6, Pro and XT do not.Darlene
I have the GPU's in parallel. With the ram and mobo blocks, it's probably good to do whatever's possible to keep the overall restrictiveness minimized.I've ordered a second plate exchanger as well, so I can run them in parallel to lower restriction and improve flow rate, as well as adding dwell time.This seemingly simple project is fast becoming another Diva, OCN OverKill Extravaganza.I'm going to see how things fit in the case first, but I am at least, leaning towards...
Pretty much the point of the build is to get away from, and find an alternative to, the massive amounts of rad space you typically need for an overclocked / overvolted machine in a high ambient temp environment, like where I live, or maybe Florida.Part of the purpose behind the experiment is to see if it's not possible to have a normal looking PC, in a normal atx tower case, that can still hold its own against the Caselabs monster machines with five or six 480 rads and a...
That kind of assumes that the chiller setup is being used for sub ambient / extreme cooling. . . . .And probably the overwhelming majority of chiller setups are.That doesn't mean that they have to be though . . .I'm looking at using the chiller to replace a buttload of rad space, and to turn on when the warm loop's onboard rad can no longer manage a preset delta t.The blocks and warm loop's plumbing would never have to be sub dew point, or even sub ambient, to make it work...
Can't help you on the tubemeter question, but I fix stuff now, that has the potential to bite me on the azz later, whenever possible.That's why I dremelled the heatsink for more clearance and posted about the issue.Now that's just me, and you may never have any trouble if you leave it alone, but imagine how you'd feel if next month, or next year, it pops. fizzles, and smokes . . . . and you remember this post . .Darlene
Reserved for some pics of the preliminary case mods . . . . Darlene