Posts by IT Diva

Hertz is also used to refer to a pulse train's frequency, as an example, the Intel PWM standard for PC fans specs 25KHz with a Vmax of 5.25V . . . . But you go ahead and believe what you wish about how a fan's rpm is derived.I'll not waste any more time with you.Darlene
That would be a misunderstanding of how the tach circuit of the fan works.Impedance is the term used to refer to resistance in an AC circuit, as it often changes as the frequency does.Fans are DC, and while they have an "effective" resistance, that's inclusive of reactance.Getting back to fan tach circuitry . . . .The fan's impedance has nothing to do with it. . . . . . It's simple switching, nothing more elaborate than that.The tach line, typically the yellow wire, is...
The SR-1 can give you grief.It's 54mm thickness lets you squeeze in P-P fans, the length is the gotcha . . .Because it has fans mounted 20mm apart, as opposed to the normal 15mm, it makes the core length 10mm longer than other 420's.That puts the ports too far to the rear to clear the I/O box area, so you have to turn it around and put the ports to the front, and then you have to mod the optical drive cage area to do that.Doesn't EK have a ~47mm thick 420?The Alphacool...
Use the Swiftech splitters, and see how many of the fans you can actually control decently to the minimum speed you want to be able to control them to.If it's a newer A6, with the 47 ohm resistors instead of the 100 ohm ones, .you should be able to handle at least 8, or 1 full splitter, per channel.Test first, then work out a plan B if you find the need for it.Darlene
Here's a link to the earlier post where a good bit of relevant info starts:Read thru the next several pages and you'll be up to speed.All the parts cost only a couple bucks from RadioShack.http://www.overclock.net/t/1474470/ocn-aquaero-owners-club/50#post_21956203Darlene
Why not just plug any random fan onto the CPU fan header as a test to see if it solves the problem . . .If it does, then go back and work out a more permanent solution with the new evidence that the CPU header does in fact need something connected.D.
Guys, . . . . .While the A6 doesn't control the PWM version of the D5 natively . . . . .A perfectly workable mod is so simple that you should not be dismissing the PWM D5.PWM control allows for operation all the way down to the 800 rpm range, with full controllability throughout the lower range, around 900 to 2000 rpm, that you can't even get with voltage control.For a single pump the mod looks like this on the connector to the A6:If you want to run a dual D5 setup, then...
That the A6 won't handle that kind of current is correct, but from a subsequent post it shows that that particular fan is PWM controlled, so as long as you power it from the PSU, you can easily control it and monitor the rpm with the A6.You could split the PWM line and use just the push side tach signal, on a single channel, or use 2 channels, one for the push side and one for the pull side.Darlene
I've built a lot of stuff in NZXT cases over the years, . . . . .The 630 and newer ones just do not inspire me at all any more, . . . . They look kinda neat at first, but it wears off in short order.The 630 will be a little cramped looking with that big board, but more importantly, it's quite cheaply made. . . . . The R4BE deserves better If you like that style, the 820, while higher priced, is a lot more case, and a lot better made and finished.If you're an NZXT fan,...
Now if I could just find a coffee mug the size of a pancake . . . . . . . . I could look a breakfast in an entirely new way. Damn . . . now I gotta stop at McDonalds on the way to work . . . D.