Posts by Sazexa

Today I got in some fans, and my cables. After finding how some things would, and wouldn't fit... I've created the final change. And I mean it this time. I'm going back to the one HDD, plan. - NCase M1 - Intel i7-6950X - ASRock X99e-ITX/ac - G. Skill 2x 8GB DDR4 2,400MHz - Intel Series 730 480GB SSD - Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe/M.2 SSD - Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB HDD - LG GA31N CD-DVD R/W ODD - EVGA GTX 980 - SilverStone SX-500-LG - Noctua NF-A9 92mm intake -...
Yeah, part of the reason I abandoned my 901 was because I felt it needed an extra, maybe even just ΒΌ" inch extra in width, favoring the side with the components. Even with a reference design 670 the wires from the PCIe power were a little smushed from the glass panel.Glad to hear you like it so much. I currently have three Dell U2414H's, which I believe is a very similar panel. Just a 16:9 24" 1080p version. Which they were nice, but I miss the the pixel density. I...
Hey guys. I'm replacing my old build, long story, with a new one. It'll be in an NCase M1. I'll have some beefy hardware, but, I'm planning on using a NF-A9 92mm as exhaust, a NH-D9DX i4 as the CPU cooler, a NF-S12A as intake for over the CPU/motherboard area, and another NF-S12A to instake air into the GPU (blower style) and hard drive area. It's pretty much all I can fit for fans in useful areas, building in an Ncase M1. What do you guys think?
Hey guys. So, after my last computer caught fire (long story short, I think a bad power supply)... I've come up with a list for a smaller, and even more powerful build than I had before. I've already ordered most of the parts, so, not really much is available to change. The only things I've yet to purchase so far are the M.2/NVMe SSD, the CPU (as it's not released yet), and the GPU. The GPU I'll be buying from a friend for only $300, as he wants to get himself a better...
Looks pretty good overall. It'd be neat to see the R9 added to the loop.Is that a Dell U3415W? If so, how do you like it? I'm just about ready to drop the cash for one.
Yes, removing the heatsink for that, or cutting it, would definitely be inadvisable.Honestly, by the time 8GB isn't really "enough" any more, unless you do a LOT of RAM intensive tasks, you'll be ready to upgrade the motherboard and CPU, too. But, I'd look into some Noctua coolers. They tend to make a lot of different style coolers that have "100%" memory compatibility. And if you don't like the fans, you can always swap them out for standard size ones, like 92mm or 120mm....
I personally am a big fan of Noctua. But, either one will make a huge difference as opposed to not having a 92mm exhaust. So which ever you'd prefer.
Thanks! Yeah, so, it does support 32GB, but you need a Xeon CPU, or server-grade CPU. At least with the current i7 5820K/5930K/5960X. I'm still waiting for news on that with the newer LGA 2011-3 i7's. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
So, I have some (rather crappy) phone pictures. Once she's done and assembled I will post real photos from my camera. After a bit of layout and cable management. Rear I/O And lastly, and probably most importantly to this post, the side panel. I'm considering doing a custom mode to this side panel, to basically implement a window under the mesh grills. The window would show off the GPU, and if I do implement this, I may add an NZXT Hue+ into the system for LED's....
Due to some... Complications I didn't foresee regarding compatibility, the following things have been replaced: - GPU decided on EVGA GTX 980 - Both 120mm fans will be Noctua NF S12A - Blu-Ray Drive changed to regular CD-DVD Read/Write slot-loading (LG GA31N) My layout has also changed slightly. I originally, after seeing a picture from ChipHell, had planned to mount the 3.5" cage on the chasis floor. They must have missed the case to make it fit some how. So instead...