Posts by mat459

I didn't know they had speakers in that price range. I bet they blow away any other $150 speakers on the market though! I had 2 sets of the Kevlar 6 1/2", 2 ways. Like $550 a pair. And the 13" Kevlar sub I bought 2nd hand for like $800 I think. Those days are behind me now. I have responsibilities and bills now. My actually had a set of uttopia Be's. I honestly don't think they sounded that much better than mine. At least not enough to justify the $1000 price tag. Plus he...
Nice. It does look like Focals are now widely available in the US. Check them out if you ever have like $5000 you want to blow on speakers.
I don't though. There are a lot of speakers with cones like that. I've owned and seen plenty of their car speakers, but the home speakers are a good deal more expensive, nor have I seen anyone in the US that carries them. It's been years though. I can just see the top of a name plate and it doesn't look like Focal
On the right. Is that a Focal?
Well, so today I booted up and it seems to be working again. The only thing I did was unplug the 24 pin power connector to get the S/N to start a support ticket with Gigabyte. Then plugged it back in. I booted into MemTest and it completed a full pass. 45mins, no errors. And that was at 4.5Ghz, 22XX RAM. I exited MemTest and booted Windows 10 just fine. I just sat on the desktop for a few mins as it's still a fresh install. No drivers or programs installed yet. I can only...
No change
I didn't clear the CMOS, but I reflashed the BIOS. In my understanding, that's more effective than just clearing the CMOS. I guess I will start an RMA on the mobo then.
Ok so I think the problem now is I just get random restarts all the time. It only runs 1-5 mins at a time. Doesn't matter if I boot windows or stay in the BIOS or am in MEMTest. The screen goes black and then it reboots. I bought a brand new Corsair CX550M. Same problem. I removed the graphics card completely. Reflashed the BIOS. Reinstalled windows. Disconnected all the hard drives and the CD drive and all cables except the power, HDMI, and USB for keyboard and mouse. I...
I will try this. At this point I figure it has to either be RAM or PSU. First I want to run memtest to make sure the RAM is good
Well, it boots fine with 99Mhz BCLK. But no joy with 90Mhz. I tried 90 with auto RAM clock (underclocked), and with the RAM at 2399Mhz, and neither would boot. Then I tried my old OC profile at 4.5Ghz and 23XXMhz RAM, but bumped it up to 1.45V VCore, because why not, and still nothing. It did boot with 100Mhz BLCK and 2933Mhz RAM, but crashed over and over. I tried with RAM voltage up to 1.4, but it looks like I've corrupted my windows install in the process. So...it...