Posts by s1rrah

I've hated the bright, glowing (at times pulsating) bright green letters on top of the two reference, GTX 980's I bought just a few short whiles ago, for a very good while now; Heretofore (before getting these two new GTX 980's) ... I had a couple GTX 670's, also in SLI but which never had any LED light's or otherwise lights on them (and so I never thought of modding them, as they were unobtrusive and not at all bothersome) ... But these new 980's have this bright green...
... I had this up for sale in the "mobile" section a good bit back ... but the system is changing a bit in the next week and so I thought I'd bounce it off you guys. I've only had it about 4-5 months and truth be told, it's as solid as a rock as far as light weight gaming laptops go. I mean 100% SOLID. Not a single hiccup, not a single blue screen or otherwise error; I've used it daily for going on 5 months now and have yet to find anything even slightly wrong with it....
I've used shadowplay to record at 5120 x 2880 quite extensively; works perfectly and frames are always 75+ in borderlands 2/pre sequel maxxed ... and even in Alien: Isolation I can maintain 60+ while recording...Here's the final boss fight in Borderlands Pre Sequel at 5120 x 2880 ...Select the 2160p option at youtube ... seems that's what it resamples my 2880p video too ...Framerates are evident in the capture (upper left) ...That's running x2 980's and a 2700K @ 5ghz ......
X2 !!First survival/horror game I've played and after getting some of the stealth tactics down, I was totally hooked. Lots of reviews say it's "too long" and what not but man, I'm just now half way through and am really dreading it ending. So much fun ... the sound work is just ridiculously good.
Just play at 5120 x 2880 and I promise you won't have any complaints about the graphics ... LOL ... But seriously, I've been playing the game for a couple weeks and am about half way through ... having a kick ass time (yes, playing at 2880p via Nvidia DSR) ... I'm not sure what's up with the whole "degraded graphics" argument but I think the game looks fantastic at any resolution. True ... here and there, the models and textures can look rather simplified but overall,...
x2 on the SLI 970's being the best option ...I've done extensive research and SLI 970's are generally almost 99% of SLI 980's when running 1440p or higher resolutions ...I actually considered returning my two 980's so I could "downgrade" to SLI 970's which would see me playing almost identical 1440p/4K framerates while letting me put 500+ dollars back in my bank.Dual 980's just don't make any monetary sense compared to the lesser priced, basically same performing 970's...
I tested SLI 670's @1200mhz against both a single GTX 980 as well as SLI 980's and found that my two 670's were about dead on the same as a SINGLE 980 ... even beating the 980 in certain benchmarks. SLI 980's destroyed the SLI 670's, obviously.... Here's the results (from an earlier post: ... Metro Last Light DirX 11 2560x1440 Quality: Very High Texture Filtering: 4x Motion Blur: Low SSAA: On Tesselation: Normal Advanced PhysX: Off GTX670 SLI @ 1200mhz core:...
I'll def take one ... been using Acronis 12 and 13 for a good while ... would love to upgrade! Thanks .. .joel
Alien Isolation - 4K screens - all settings maxed Having stupid fun with this game .... .... ... .... ... ... ...
I'm going to try the lower smoothness as well although I'm really pleased with the sharpness of the image thus far, but then again I'm at 5120x2880 resolution. I haven't tried DSR with any of the 4K resolutions on my 1080p monitor ...At 2880p, the 33% smoothing factor looks fantastic ...Also, I don't use DSR on the desktop at all ... just not fine/crisp enough ... and things are TINY at 2880p on the desktop ...