Posts by s1rrah

I can do a couple photos some time in the next day or two ...But I think it's safe to say that the Swift suffers from typical bad viewing angles of TN panels ... though it seems a bit better than most.The Acer has fantastic viewing angles, again, typical of any decent IPS panel.
Yeah .. the IPS is noticeably better with photos and video ... more realistic saturation and contrast ... I do lots of photo work and video editing as well and the Acer will be replacing a Samsung S27850D (PLS panel), also a 1440p screen, that I've used for about two years now; it's a really nice monitor as well but isn't that great for gaming. The Acer is quite a bit more enjoyable for Blu Ray viewing as well ... with the Swift not presenting content with quite as rich...
I've never seen any of those sorts of things (pixel inversion/artifacts) but then again, I only have about a solid week of gaming with the Swift (Lots of Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Hawken, CS:GO, Pillars of Eternity and the ubiquitous Half Life 2 games) ... nothing but 100% positive things to say about this Swift panel (like I said, my first one had some sort of black level problem) ... just as enjoyable as the Acer XB270HU and a tad more enjoyable in FPS competitive...
If I keep the Acer ... I am certainly going to do the mod your talking about but only once I've used it for a few months ... just some careful swiping of a Scotch Brite pad is all it takes; no need to take it apart at all as the bezel is plenty high off of the screen, so accidentally hitting the screen shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I'm probably going to attach the Scotch Brite pad to a small block of wood or something to make it even more flat/rigid:......And re: the...
I'm still not sure which I will keep ... but I agree with you; but color purists might find it worth the change to IPS, especially if you use your screen for both gaming and graphic/video work ... in which case I think the Acer would be worth it to some...I bought my Acer from Newegg and I'm not really keen on returning it as they will most likely charge me some sort of re stocking fee ... so if I stick with the Swift (which I bought local), I might try a local sell of the...
Yes ... Jan 2015 ... hands down one of the best TN panels I've used ...
No ... both are at 1440p ... and I think it had to do with having just adjusted the refresh rate or something as its not doing it anymore ... I run dual monitors so often I will be changing settings between them and this might have something to do with it as well .... I'm not concerned about it. Monitor kicks serious butt.
A few days ago, in the ROG Swift thread, I posted about how I returned a ROG Swift because the black levels were really bad (even when calibrated) and the over all color contrast/saturation seemed really bad too when compared with all other, much cheaper TN panels I currently use; as mentioned, the replacement SWIFT that I got was like a totally different monitor with really crazy good black levels and super bright/saturated, high contrast colors... Anyway, since I...
EDIT: For some really decent side by side comparison photos of the SWIFT vs the new Acer IPS display, GO HERE.
Yes ... I mis typed the Acer model number....There's just a bit more noticeable "blur" when moving fast, I would assume this is due to the 4ms delay as opposed to ROGs 1ms ... the Acer is still damned impressive being that it's an IPS Screen and truth be told it plays twitchy FPS type games just fine (100x) better than a typical 60hz IPS ... but the SWIFT is just *so* damn fast ...Still, even with this really decent Swift panel, the TN screen just doesn't have the...