Posts by s1rrah

chewing the proverbial popcorn....Word
Crysis 3 is also epic and will still squeeze the piss out of your GPU ... LOL ... great game.
Play the Metro games .. . they are outstanding ... they are linear as all get out but in a way that I enjoy and which I think enhances the "taking part in a movie" effect. I don't always enjoy "on a rail," linear games but in the case of Metro 2033 and Last Light? I think it totally works. A really great story; I've played both games at least 5 times over.
Just a random PSA regarding some outstanding 4K streaming content I've recently discovered ... some of you might already be aware of these but thought I'd mention them because quite frankly, as many are claiming recently, it's some of the finest 4K streamed content currently streaming:1st: Amazon Prime's "The Grand Tour" ... a show about cars.2nd: A Netflix release called "Tales by Light" ... a show about photography and photographers....If your looking for some good eye...
I just found this out myself ... before going SLI ... I used DSR all the time. It's super fun tech with games that can handle it and don't bog too much ... I use it often ...
Acronis is good ... I used it for a long time and have successfully restored my system at least 10 times from disasters (driver/virii/trojans/other anomalies) ... it's worked every time and recognizes RAID arrays just fine. That said, it can get a little cryptic when dealing with image restores that have several different partitions on the main system drive. But it is a really decent bit of software.If you have any issues with it at all, you should also think about...
My main reason is the same. Love massive, fast data storage...Also, you are correct ... it is generally cheaper to buy a few inexpensive discs and RAID them in to one giant, fast array than it is to buy a single drive that equals the same amount of storage space. In fact, RAID actually stands for " Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks" ... it's pretty much the main reason the tech was developed ...I use RAID0 on all my machines: My MSI GS70 Stealth laptop has x3 512gb...
Go for it man! RAID0 is fun as all get out and no worries at all if you have a solid, regular imaging routine backing up your system to a mechanical drive. I have two 1TB 850 EVO's in a 2TB RAID0 array on my laptop and love it. I also have a 2TB mechanical that I image the entire system to. I've been using RAID (all flavors) since the old SCSI days in the early to mid 90's. I think it's a great way to combine 2 or more relatively inexpensive discs into a massive and...
Really the key to getting the performance difference is to have a Win 7 machine versus a Win 10 machine ... I have both in my house and as mentioned, my old 970m Windows 7 laptop runs with better average frames than my 1070 Windows 10 machine ...I've spent the past week searching around the net and there's miles and miles of static online about this issue. The main issue is the MAD fluctuations on Windows 10 ... which equal a much lower average FPS over a given time...
Yes .. but that has nothing to do with it. The problem is all over the net.My 970m based, MSI laptop will smoke my 1070m new Alienware ... but only in Borderlands 2 ... the game is broke for Win 10. Playable but basically broke ..