Posts by s1rrah

As I've already mentioned ... I'm done with the Big 'Ole Air Coolers(tm) for good ... but being an age old Scythe user and sort of fanboi ... I'm totally digging their new Scythe Fuma air cooler. Really impressive...
That open box deal on the Apache Pro is pretty darn good man ... great laptop and super portable. I use the 970M every day via my Stealth Pro and it's a really decent card ...
Mine are dead silent till I put my head in the case, at which point I can barely hear them. Greatest vid card upgrade I've ever done (other than doing "The Mod" on my previous cards). I'm angry if I see load temps over 50C on my GPUS, *ever* ...
When and if I go custom loop ... I'll use universals as I'm not about to buy new blocks every year ...Truth is, I"ve got *3* CLC's in my little Corsair 600T ... the H100 for the CPU and my two 980's are using the EVGA Hybrid coolers, each with their own pump. In daily use, movies, TV, design work, critical music listening etc.?? The rig is quiet as all get out. I've got twice the money I spent on my computer invested in high end headphone/DAC/amp gear (Grado PS1000,...
I've used a Corsair H100 (the originally released) for over four years now to cool a 5ghz daily 2700K that I still use today at the same speed. Prior to that and for many years, I used giant air coolers TRUE, etc. By far they required much greater attention to case air flow, much higher fan speeds at the cooler level and overall resulted in a far noiser system than my current rig which, despite it's age, I just haven't found any reason to upgrade ... even since installing...
You will love Descent: Underground, then ... it's very much the spiritual (and near literal) follow up to Descent 2 but with really good Unreal Engine 4 graphics.And re: Freespace 3?(not to side track this thread, mind you...)Do you know about the "Hard Light Productions" group of modders and all the work they have been doing over the years (and are currently still doing) keeping Freespace 2 alive? It's an amazing scene built completely around extending and improving the...
That drove me mad too ... no amount of tactics changing will help much ... what I did was use the "hold position" button all the time. That way, I could pause game and then micro manage the party ... issuing commands and/or moving folks around and they would simply carry out the command or movement and then stay in one place without rushing all about.........
Nvidia Shadowplay is ridiculous. Games play about at full FPS even when capturing. I never use anything else since using it. It's the only reason I leave that bloatware Nvidia Experience software installed. I uploaded that video straight to YouTube with no editing or re compression ...
I've had an MSI GS70 Stealth Pro for about a year and totally love it. Top notch build quality and a ridiculously good keyboard (Steelseries). The backlighting is really good as well and totally configurable in an RGB way. I looked at Asus laptops but just couldn't deal with the red keyboard back lighting and the fact that when no back lighting was turned on, the keys were printed in dark red letters making the letters extremely hard to see. Also the speakers on my MSI...
It was 1 gigabyte.