Posts by s1rrah

tHANKS ... yes ... I know about that one ... and I also set thing game specific using Nvidia Inspector ... going to experiment with the Fast Sync + G Sync setting tonight with some CS:GO ... ;-) ...
Thanks for the comments ...Twocables: I haven't had much luck with most non in-game frame limiters .. rivatuner, Nvidia INspector, etc. ... it seems to introduce random stuttering on both accounts ... and even though I've traditionally only run G Sync by itself, I've still never noticed any tearing when playing over my monitors 144hz refresh rate ... I might not be as sensitive as you or others ...bizplan: thanks for that reading information ... I'm going to try that this...
oh .... dude ...
Do you all use G Sync by itself or in combination with Vsync? I've always used G Sync by itself but what happens when frame rates exceed the max refresh rate of the monitor? My monitor happens to be a 144hz monitor and many of my games often go well beyond 160fps (since getting a 1080 ti LOL) ... so what's going on in that situation? Is it better to run V sync at the same time as G sync so frame rates never exceed your monitors refresh rate? thanks@! joel
I'm like you.I would really prefer to have an EVGA Hybrid as I've used two of their hybrid 980's for almost three years and they have been flawless. But I couldn't wait either...In a 22C ambient room, nothing I throw at it can get it over 43C but it typically runs between 39 and 41C in most games ...this after repasting.It's a decent overclocker .. I haven't pushed it too much but it will do 2038mhz core / 6000mhz memory ......Otherwise, I'm loving it. 1440p maxxed never...
YES!!I repasted my MSI Seahawk X about a week ago ... check this super great factory paste job:......LOL@!!@!W@Repaste dropped load temps quite a bit (plus I added a 38mm Scythe fan which kicks so much @#@ that I can't even describe it)Anyway, here's the full story...http://www.overclock.net/t/1628718/so-i-re-pasted-my-msi-1080-ti-seahawk-the-other-day-and#post_26039363f:thumb:
I'm using a curve that puts 1.093v in to a 2050mhz core overclock ... (also, a 6000mhz memory overclock) ... but it's the core that is weird ...Witcher 3 opens and plays for a few seconds at 2050mhz (as I have defined) but invariable always downclocks to 2025mhz ... and some times down to 2012mhz ... and only VERY occasionally/briefly down in to the 1989mhz range ... but generally always sticks at 2025mhz or 2012mhz. This is fine by me as the game plays like butter.I'm...
What is "locking the voltage" and how do I do it?
So I finally figured out this whole curve business ... I re installed AFB and followed the instructions in post #1 about copying the string from the "Info" button in AFB ... something I didn't do before ... I added this to the "MSIAfterburner.oem2" file (the string I copied, related to my Seahawk X, was not in the .oem2 file by the way) ... Oh yeah .. another thing I did this time when setting up AFB is to select the "Third Party" option under settings and next to the...
Repaste when you install the cooler ... your going to love it man. My MSI Seahawk X 1080 ti never breaks 43C in *anything* (22C ambient) ...