Posts by s1rrah

I tested SLI 670's @1200mhz against both a single GTX 980 as well as SLI 980's and found that my two 670's were about dead on the same as a SINGLE 980 ... even beating the 980 in certain benchmarks. SLI 980's destroyed the SLI 670's, obviously.... Here's the results (from an earlier post: ... Metro Last Light DirX 11 2560x1440 Quality: Very High Texture Filtering: 4x Motion Blur: Low SSAA: On Tesselation: Normal Advanced PhysX: Off GTX670 SLI @ 1200mhz core:...
I'll def take one ... been using Acronis 12 and 13 for a good while ... would love to upgrade! Thanks .. .joel
Alien Isolation - 4K screens - all settings maxed Having stupid fun with this game .... .... ... .... ... ... ...
I'm going to try the lower smoothness as well although I'm really pleased with the sharpness of the image thus far, but then again I'm at 5120x2880 resolution. I haven't tried DSR with any of the 4K resolutions on my 1080p monitor ...At 2880p, the 33% smoothing factor looks fantastic ...Also, I don't use DSR on the desktop at all ... just not fine/crisp enough ... and things are TINY at 2880p on the desktop ...
I think DSR has officially ruined 1440p gaming for me ... After an entire weekend of playing Metro LL and then all day yesterday playing Alien:Isolation at 5120x2880 ... Going back to 1440p was as bad as going back to 1080p from 1440p. LOL... 5120x2880 is far more immersive ... Even with AA/AF turned all the way off ... Pretty clever marketing move on Nvidias part as I'm already wondering when I can upgrade these two 980s ... ;-)
I'm def waiting for the 2nd or maybe third revisions of this. Man was I hot and bothered to get it, though. Glad those who scored are enjoying it, though.
With that particular game I stay pegged at 120fps ... I think it's some how FPS limited actually because it literally never goes above 120/121 and generally doesn't drop below that much ...It's an older game though ...With newer titles FPS at 2880p can be anywhere from 100+ (Bioshock Infinite) or as low as 45 to 50fps (super heavy texture modded Skyrim) ...After playing for about a week at that res ... I've kind of become addicted ...
I've been playing a sort of old game called "Singularity" ... I think it came out like four years ago or something. It's really rad (story, game play, etc). Super linear but very well done. Anyway, at 2560x1440 it looked okay ... even for an older game ... but once I set it to run at 5120x2880 via DSR ... and also used a neat little field of view hack software called "Flawless Widescreen" ... man, the game genuinely was 10x better to play ... You can't see it in these...
Ultra settings as I recall ... and I'm sure with all antialiasing disabled ...x2 980's at around 1500mhz and a 2700K @ 5ghz ...And I agree ... compared to a lot of games ... Bioshock isn't too resource intensive ...
So is this pixel inversion thing bothersome?I've been considering getting one of these but don't really feel like messing with some thing that has a noticeable artifact such as that.Odd that none of the reviews mentioned this (or maybe they did and I missed it) ...???