Posts by s1rrah

So I just ran into the first dragon of my play through ... It was in the Hinterlands and I knew right off the bat that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that my level 8 party could even begin to scratch it ... But man ... it just looked so rad and I so wanted to compare the fight with my experiences in Skyrim that I decided to do something I pretty much have religiously avoided while playing DA:I ... I cheated; yes, I have a trainer tucked away for special events...
So I just finished the "Hushed Whispers" quest and sided with the Mages ... that quest had an air of finality to it ... please tell me there's a whole lot more to the main story line quests ... Got so paranoid that the game was almost over that I've just been doing side quests to "make it last" ... LOL ...
No ... using what I think is .75 ... the one before the hot fix ...
You know .. .I haven't seen that white fog in a while. Do you know for sure that it shows up in Valammar?Matter of fact, I haven't seen any texture flickers for a good while now, either. No white fog, no texture flickers since basically leaving Haven/Hinterlands.Only things I've done is run the typical Nvidia Inspector profile for DA:I with the addition of adding a custom "SLI compatability bits" entry of: 0x0C4330F5 (which I got off another site somewhere when first...
I play 1440p all day at ultra and it runs 70 to 110fps. Native 1440p. SLI GTX 980j's ...Indoors (like Valammar) I run near 100+ fps all the time; big detailed outdoor environments drop down to the 70fps areas (Storm Coast, etc.) ......This is from a brief run about last weekend; stats at bottom right:
I've seen no bugs other than the occasional texture flicker. Played about 30 hours now and it's been flawless ... well, take that back ... Cassandra did randomly fall through some stairs once but she came right back so that was more cute than anything else ...Personally? I think the game is a master work of gaming craft .. just bloody brilliant ...
Same thing I keep telling myself and I'm only level 7 or so (really not sure) .. just been banging around the Hinterlands .. but the main story is really provocative and I can't believe how good the voice acting is ..
Just a little bit of 1440p game action. ... all the in-game stats should be visible in the lower right. Make sure you play the YouTube vid at it's best quality setting ...
I agree completely ... some times it is difficult. It's not that it vanishes so much as it gets lost among the other effects going off on screen (while in battle especially) ...This is one thing I hope the mod community fixes (even though I've read that DA:I is not a very mod friendly game) ...One thing I've found that helps, especially in combat (which is really the only time I lose the cursor) ...:Pause the game while in combat, either via hitting the tactical camera...
Not to mention that the modders are going to rip this thing to shreds ...I actually considered putting the game off till the mod scene got a hold on it...;-)