Posts by s1rrah

Wow ... those are very impressive results ... Also, I love the case work/layout with the radiator outside, etc. ... a lot going on in a small area there but you seem to have nailed the aesthetics as best you could with that case. Thanks for posting; I'm using an H115i at the moment and am satisfied as I'm at non throttling temps and simply not interested in a custom loop ... Best, joel
EVGA Hybrid please.
Love CLC's ... ran Noctuas and Thermalrights for years and started using CLC's exclusively about 4 years ago. I never run mine above whisper quiet unless I'm gaming at which point I turn every fan in my system up to full blast ... most being 140mm variants and even then, it's not that loud. My current H115i keeps my 6700K quite cool at 4.7ghz daily ...That said ... tower air coolers are really great ... but I was just immediately spoiled by all the open space in my case...
Here go mate ... and be sure to check out all the config options ... the start menu area is very configurable ...http://www.classicshell.net/Works like a magic trick and is totally free ...Best,joel
I'm using a newly purchased 6700K with Windows 7 as a clean install and things run just perfect (Asus Sabertooth Z170 motherboard) ... That said, there are couple of really good ways to guarantee Windows 7 never updates to Windows 10: 1st: I used this little app/script called "Never10" for my recently built 6700K ... https://www.grc.com/never10.htm 2nd: Read this article ... it has several other methods you can try:...
One last word ...If you can buy local (Micro Center, Fry's, etc.) then by all means do so. You might have to go through 1 or more panels to get a good one. Just a tip ..Best of luck!
Man .. if you really enjoy the most uncompromising and fluid gameplay (like me) ... then there is no competition ... the 144hz Acer will DESTROY the 4K TV ... I have a 4K Samsung JS9000 ... 48" ... and I've gamed on it ... while novel and fun to play with ... I find it totally horrible compared to my 1440p Acer XBU270HU ... which I can drive at 90 to 144fps across all games I play. The Samsung is SOOOO laggy ... so slow .. 60hz man ... I just can't handle it. I happened...
MSI is making some of the best out of the box cooling laptops on the market if not the best. That said, they are too plasticy for me.Further, other vendors like Alienware are designing incredible cooling arrays that are hamstrung by either poor heatspreader mounting or really bad thermal compound. I have an Alienware 17 (pascal) and it's the locked 6700HQ model ... it never throttles on either CPU or GPU but does get close. I love it. Best chassis design in the laptop...
Just finished the last of the DLC content, myself ... Blood and Wine is a masterpiece ... whole thing is a masterpiece, really but Blood and Wine really took the proverbial cake in regards to writing/story telling ... Still have quite a bit of side quests to do but as of my official storyline/DLC storylines finish point? 222 hours. LOL ...