Posts by s1rrah

I have a 48" JS9000 and it's really great ... first 4K TV for me. Out of the box, it looked horrible, though... they had all the sharpness and stuff maxxed out and it literally looked almost like a bad photoshop filter had been put on it ... after going through this really great post at AVSforum ... it looks pretty perfect. You should have most of the same settings on yours ... I also completely turned off motion enhancement ... I will say though, I still think 1080p...
Hey! I didn't realize that was with the whole external "amplifier" thingy ... nice point.I'm still stoked on upgrading from my (near) 2 year old 970M laptop ... just have to bite the bullet and wait till prices/market stabilizes ...
And this is really cray cray ... The 1060 mobile, Pascal's "cheapy" GPU ... is about *twice* as fast as Maxwell's FLAGSHIP, 980m GPU ... Even more cray cray? The "cheapy* 1060 mobile handily beats a desktop, overclocked GTX 980 ... Oh joy ... (and this is Metro Last Light "very high", mind you ... not a forgiving benchmark, even at 1080p) ... ... More from the same review: http://hothardware.com/reviews/nvidia-mobile-geforce-10-series-review
Exactly ... I was doing that way before the MS Gestapo took control of things ...
I was concerned too as I have hundreds and it took me forever to get them all working right ...So I just copied my entire 26gb Skyrim install, mods and all, to an external drive (hell, I could even just back it up to Google Drive) ... and then did a re install so I could play the Enderal mod ...BTW: the mod really is impressive ... plays just like a DLC ... great writing, great (mostly) voice acting and love the visual/environmental effects ... great ENB they are using,...
Did a complete new install of Skyrim and then installed the Enderal mod ... I was worried that my ENB and texture mods being removed would look bad but I have to say ... the Enderal devs did a dang fine job; looks a gazillion times better than vanilla Skyrim ... (Sadly, these are all at 1080p since I was playing on my laptop at work) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
I think your looking at the "MAX" bar ... on "AVG" fps? The desktop 1080 still shows a good bit faster than the 1070 ...I've no idea about thermals yet ...
Just silly as all get out ... ... ... [SOURCE]
If you can push 80 to 144+ FPS consistently across every game you play? Then no way is it a downgrade ...I have a 60hz 4K (non g sync) screen and a 144hz G sync 1440p screen (2K) and I can't stand playing on the 4K screen ... perhaps if I had a decent G Sync 4K screen I might think otherwise but I don't thing so. I'm a total FPS Slut(tm) and can't stand playing anything lower than 75FPS ... so I never play on the 4K screen, *ever* ...
LOL ... no worries man. I'm going to be running x2 with a 2700K @ 5ghz ... and I'm not stressing on the whole bottleneck thing ...