Posts by s1rrah

I totally disagree. But subjective, of course ...Below is a good example of my own Benq XL2420T before calibration and after calibration. Personally, I find good color saturation and shadow contrast detail to be essential to enjoying any game, really ...Nothing worse to my eye than washed out, muted colors (which most gaming monitors I've used have when pulled right out of the box):...UNCALIBRATED MONITOR_______________________...CALIBRATED...
What size/diameter tubing does the 920 use?Thanks...
The throttle thing is a mystery to me ... I'm running SLI with one card on water (CLC) and the bottom one on air. I've done extensive tests with at 1200mhz on the core and the air card will often times hit 73 to 75 degrees but never more than 75 ... and looking at the Precision X log data, the core on the 75C card never throttles at all. Stays pegged at 1200mhz at all times.I've read every where that the card should throttle at 70C but I've never seen it happen. What's...
Awesome ..I always thought it was just a problem with the some what slow, 1440p, PLS S27850D monitor that made it lag with VSYNC turned on ... but turning VSYNC off and capping the FPS at 60 with PrecisionX (or with in-game options, where available) really results in a totally more responsive (mouse to screen) experience.And yes ... after playing a bit .. I do some times see that "one stutter per second" ... but it's only in certain scenes ... and involving certain...
Should I cap it at 59, then? Or will this still result in the single tear line.
This is interesting. I've never used FPS capping ... but with my 1440p Samsung S27850D, when I have VSYNC enabled, even though I get a solid 60FPS, it always feels like the screen is moving way behind my mouse movements (is this a "latency" problem?).But after reading your post ... I turned VSYNC off in the game I was playing (Deus Ex Human Revolution) and then set a FPS cap of 60fps via Precision X ...Once back in the game, with VSYNC turned OFF completely ... I still...
I've downloaded it but am afraid to install it. LOL ... I'm still using 320.49 and haven't changed it cause it's so solid with my system (SLI GTX670's) ... have no clue if the newer driver would improve or break things ...
^^^This.S'why I have both a 1440p 60hz PLS screen and a 1080p 120hz TN screen right next to it. I switch back and forth all day long depending on what I play. Best monitor investment I ever made.
Just spend about 20 bucks on a little guy like this ... much easier to get in to tight spaces and extremely accurate ... I have one just like this and it works very well:...Just aim and press the button ......http://www.thermoworks.com/products/ir/ir_pocket.html
Your exactly right. I forgot about that glitch. With VSYNC disabled, I get those sound bugs as well ...