Posts by s1rrah

Hi ... Considering parting out/selling left over components from my previous 2700K build ... any comments on pricing would be appreciated ... 1. i7 2700K: this is very well lapped and runs quite nicely at 5ghz (1.43v). I used it daily for 4 years and generally at 4.7ghz as it allowed me to lower the volts a good bit, always with an offset overclock and so the vast majority of the time it was running a very low core speed and very low volts. Only time overclock would...
price drop
Thanks for the tip ... I will read it ...
The technical term is "over provisioning" ... http://www.seagate.com/tech-insights/ssd-over-provisioning-benefits-master-ti/
I just buy really big ones. LOL ... 2TB in my desktop and a 1.5TB Raid0 array (x3 drives) in my laptop ... I'll never get close to filling them up. ;-)
Thanks .. and no ... mine are def not the SE version ... those chrome ones are gorgeous, though!thanks for the clarification ... no .. mine are *def* not the special edition variety ...But man are those SE's pretty! And the timings are so much better than the standard stock timings ..Good luck on your quest ...Best,j
I'm not sure I understand the question ...The pictures should show the "color" well enough but you might mean something else ...??
Hi .. Thanks ... my apologies; to be honest, I've never really explored the overclock settings on my two 980's ... The are EVGA GTX980 SC cards ... the reference board with hybrid coolers bolted on after the fact. On the back of the above recent post, I did some research online to find out what others with similar cards had reached as maximum overclocks and after reading that +87mV was safe for most, I maxed the volts slider. Running both many loops of Firestrike...
Hi ... I have two reference GTX980's in SLI (been running them since they were released a good while ago). They are both water cooled and never go over the 56C point or so when gaming. Traditionally, I have run them at +127mhz on the core and +148mhz mhz for the memory. I want to start pushing the memory overclock but first I want to figure out the whole voltage thing. I haven't overvolted much at all because I just don't know enough about it. So my question is...
HI ... These are two sticks pulled from a brand new 32gb Quad Channel kit (4x8gb); I bought the quad kit for a new 6700K build and installed Windows Home Premium not realizing it only supports 16gb of RAM. Furthermore, my Z170 motherboard runs dual channel way better than the full quad kit and so I've decided to simply keep two sticks and sell two sticks. They are in perfect working order and run at the spec'd 3200mhz just fine (I use 1.36v as I've lowered the timings a...