Posts by s1rrah

Hey ... I'm still waiting for my on SWIFT but thought I'd share this ... I have a Asus .icm profile that I got off of one of the monitor review sites which was touted as a generally good, all around color profile for Asus monitors. I've tried it with a couple different monitors (one a Samsung P2350 and also with my Gigabyte P35G v2 gaming laptop) and it works astonishingly well at giving a nicely saturated, IPS like color reproduction. Completely solves the washed out...
I can't even *find* it listed at Newegg, LOL ... searched countless times but never find the page ... whaddup?
I have a question/request for those who already own the ROG SWIFT monitor ... Could you set some of your games to 1080p and let me know how the SWIFT handles the 1080p translation? Does it look okay? Is it horrible? Reason being (and you can quit reading here if you like as the following is beside the point) ... I currently run a Samsung S27850D 1440p PLS screen on the left and a Benq XL2420T 120hz 1080p TN panel on the right; I've had this set up for about six months...
mE? I buy from B & H Photo ... they ship way before you... and they don't charge no tax yo (least not for me, here in TX) ...;-)I bought two 600gb WD Velociraptor drives from them nearly three years ago and they are still going strong, in a 1.2 TB RAID 0 array in my, admittedly, dated 2700K system ...
BTW ... what exactly does "drop shipped" mean?
Ordered mine at 9:00am CDT ...
Rad.I was either the 2nd or 3rd order so I'm hoping they keep track of order numbers. Would be freaking amazing to get it next week some time ...
Oh yeah ... RE: B&H? Apparently no sales tax as my total was only $809 dollars ... :-)
Really, other than brightness, I can't really see why Lightboost/3alright I just got off the phone with b&h and have beenThanks for the tip! Just got done pre ordering! The guy said I'm guaranteed a piece out of the first batch. Hell yeah!Oh yeah. I can vouch for b&h ... Super good site with easy returns and generally great service.Thanks again for the heads up!Now just need two 880's and I'll be set...Lol
The copper cooling upgrade is done something like this .... with small heatsinks added to the back of the main CPU/GPU cooling plates: This may or may not be exactly the configuration that XoticPC uses, but the do it, basically the same way ... FYI ...