Posts by s1rrah

Absolutely ... Several games I love that use PHysX are really hamstrung by Windows 10 ... Borderlands 2 is a great example ... FPS on my Windows 7 desktop machine are almost double what I saw on the same desktop using Windows 10 ... BL2 is still one of my favorite multiplayer games ... Just built a new 6700K machine about six months ago and Windows 7 was installed immediately ... I just Windows 10 on my Alienware 17 Pascal laptop, however as I still want to keep up...
I love 1440p ... it's the ideal resolution for me; I'm bugged if I'm not always in the 80 to 144hz+ range and I can do this with mostly maxxed settings and stay in that range with a single 1080 ti; as a matter of course, I always disable certain in game options ... depth of field, motion blur and several others that either just plain bother me or that I can't find any use for. Subsurface scattering is also something I always turn off. After those are disabled (in...
Same here: upgraded to a single 1080 ti from x2 980's and it's pretty dramatic, especially at 1440p ... so smooth ...
Don't know why they didn't think of this sooner; open the lid and the chassis separates like a sandwich ... the cooling benefits seen legit ... I'll wait for official reviews first but it's a pretty neat innovation... better than DIY dremeling holes into the chassis ... LOL ... ... ...
.Had one for a couple months and not a hint of coil whine that I can detect. Great card so far ...
I like this actor ... he's a bit old for Geralt, though ... imho ...
I laugh at your air cooling weakness. My 1080 Ti never breaks 45C at load. MWUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
I don't have a Kraken cooler ...Mine is a MSI Seahawk X ... I used these Enzotech sinks on the VRAM heatspreader ... I like the Enzotech sinks ... they make low profile and regular ... I went with the regular and there is plenty of room to still put the shroud on:.........They work great ... the air coming out of the back of the card, and produced via the standard "blower" fan? It reads at 110F+ .. same as the air temp coming out of the radiator fan (which is set to...
Mine are pretty immersive already but I'll take all the help I can get ... LOL ...
1440p - MAXIMUM ... ...