Posts by s1rrah

Looking for a good condition Corsair 600T mesh side panel door in black. Like this: ... ... Please PM me if you have one I can buy. I am in the US and am only interested in a US purchase; I will pay for shipping. Thanks, Joel
It's not a problem with your cards ...I've read in multiple locations online that when benching (3DMark, etc.) ... you should disable Vsync and Gsync as they will negatively affect your score...When running benchmarks, just run without either and this is, technically, your rigs maximum synthetic score ...But gaming with G Sync is a far far more pleasurable experience than gaming without it ... nevermind the synthetic benchmark scores. Benching is one thing, gaming...
I am using a 1440p G Sync monitor (Acer XB270HU) with x2 GTX 980 SLI and it's like pure gaming bliss. Any game, maxed runs perfectly at 1440p. Seriously, G sync is *that* much of a game changer. As far as 1440p vs 1080p? If your going to run a single GTX 980 or 980 Ti (or better yet x2 in SLI), then get a 1440p G sync monitor. If your going to run something less than those, then I'd stick with 1080p if you want to play in the 75fps to 100fps+ area while still maxing...
That's the sort of diminishing returns I was thinking about myself ...I think I tend to agree with you (outside of just doing some benching, I think ~1500mhz is about right for a 24/7 clock...Thanks for the reply.
Hi ... I'm using two reference GTX 980's in SLI config, both with the EVGA Hybrid water coolers installed. So far, I'm totally game stable with both at 1515mhz on the core; I haven't messed with memory overclocking at all. I've got the power limit and volts maxed out as far as stock MSI Afterburner will allow and when gaming, load temps on either card never go past 52C. Not having too much experience with other p erson's experience overclocking these cards, I'm...
I installed two of the same EVGA kits on my SLI 980's a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier ... (BTW: if you can't get the official 980ti, or even the TitanX Hybrid kit ... it's been shown that the basic 980 EVGA Hybrid kit will work on either) ...My main concern was that the pumps would be audible, since I use my rig as a music server as well (listening through *very* open backed Grado PS1000's) ... and I was so stoked to find that the pumps, even with two installed,...
By default, the monitor is set to use ULMB mode whenever you switch to 120hz or lower ... this will cut your brightness by about 50%.To test this ... go into the top level monitor menu by pressing the left most button once ... then, press the ULMB button (4th button from left) and check to see if ULMB is set to "on" or "off." If it's on, then turn it off and then test your lower refresh rates again. If the monitor is still dimming, even with ULMB mode switched off, then...
...Something else I've found which might seem weird ...I've been playing the new Shadow Warrior FPS shooter a lot lately (EPIC GAME!) ... and my dual 980's push it at 150 to 200FPS all the time at 1440p ... it's a ridiculously easy game to drive ...I've found that using a FPS limit of 144fps or even 120fps (via RivaTuner) yields an even more consistently smooth experience than when letting the FPS fluctuate all over the place. The latter isn't bad at all but for some...
On another note ... Sera (the elf rogue chick) ... just got x2 450+ damage daggers and has become a literal dual wielding tank from hell ... she slays with those things so hard that I've started playing her as my main character ... epic damage ...
All I know is I've spent the entire base game, the Jaws of Hakkon DLC and now the Descent DLC ... trying my damndest to get with Josephine and she won't even give me the time of day (while all the while, the little ginger Scout at the camps is *constantly* chatting me up) ...LOL ...Damn socialite Josephine ... I think she thinks I'm not good enough.