Posts by tazmo8448

I have a friend that constantly updates his drivers for AMD and he crossfires two HD 6450's, if my memory is correct, and we had a long discussion about the hassles of scrubbing the rig of older downloads and he said over the years he has found that the simplest way was to go to Device Manager > Display Adapters and just uninstall it there and reinstall the new one. I kept arguing the point of CCC and having to go to regedit and make sure all traces are gone and also all...
One thing that stands out about this site above the OTHER Overclock sites I have visited. The people here actually try to help in solving issues. Most of the other sites seem to have fanboys that lord over the realm and act as though it is their personal fiefdom and can say anything that crosses their pea brains. For instance ask a lag or stuttering question and your answer might be...do you even know what Beta is?.....get a Dell....your rig is screwed up.....here you...
thanks ole buddy
BTW I do have the latest AMD GPU update (13.9) and chip set upgrade also.
When I right/double click on the game icon it does not offer repair install like the other games do plus I have to click on my icon/avatar at the top right in My Games to access the game icon...any ideas? I pre-purchased both BF4 (the game itself & expansion paks) and the beta icon that was there disappeared and only appears after searching the avatar for some reason. Also trying to play the game since 10/1 at 4 am have encountered such lag and stuttering and freezes to...
My main concern was with AMD gfx driver downloads you have to ''scrub'' the older one out first i.e. make damn sure you delete everything including the registry files and all traces or it gums up the works. Was wondering if the same needs to be done with the chipset updates
Never could understand why when you update an AMD gfx driver you have to go through ALL the steps in the OP but it is sadly true. It really would be nice for the built in uninstaller to do it and just take out the old and put in the new but it's almost like ATI/AMD drivers embed themselves and have to 'rooted out'. I'll bet over the last 4 years I've updated at least 6 to 8 times with the new releases and found out the hard way if you don't do as BradlyW has pointed out...
AMD just released a new chipset driver at this link http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2 I too have downloaded it but am waiting on another '' guinea pig '' to try it out.....:>]
That Sir was one helluva tutorial. Hats off for that! I have an six month old HP Pavilion desktop with FX-6120 6 core @ 3.5 or 3.6 Ghz depending on what utility I run and have added an HD 6870 GPU eight more GB of Ram and a 120 GB SSD to make it a bit perkier. You OCers are way over my head and would like to ask, if I may, would overclocking be a big benefit or is it worth it in the long run? I tried using the AMD Overdrive thing (ran the test and it topped out at 4.0)...
Fallen Earth Fall Out Deus Ex HR Reading the other posts it looks as though tha Deus is one a whole lotta folks said.....eh.