Posts by RayvinAzn

You had an X1300 pro ~5 years before it launched? Must have been a beast, since it was competing with the Voodoo3, ATI Rage and the Riva TNT2 (assuming 1999 here), and it probably outperforms them all by a factor of five.
Same here, I've been looking for a fresher run & gun hitscan game for a while now, and this just might fit the bill.
Nobody can tell the future, but we can speculate based off of what we know. Right now, I know that locked look speed and snap to zero movement indicates that the bulk of the gameplay we've seen was played with a controller. The overall speed of the game is quite slow, much closer to Call of Duty than most id titles in the past, and other things from that franchise seem to have crept in as well, like what appears to be instant-kill melee attacks (that may or may not leave...
As cool as it looks, I smell a severe case of consolitis. Looks like they're going to be slowing the game way down to get it playable on thumbsticks. Granted, it is an alpha and subject to a lot of change, but as it stands, 3 minutes of clearly controller gameplay makes me worry about the final product. Design PC games for PC controls, thanks devs. If console players want a version that they can play, just slow everything down by about 30% and give them a bit of autoaim.
Things come up is the point, and occasionally a pause that was only supposed to be for a couple minutes can easily stretch beyond that (I wasn't aware that the toilet was broken, my wife was yelling for me in pretty much the same voice she uses for a spider). Strange as it may seem, I'd rather preserve my carpet from potential water damage than run back to the room and close a game to keep more accurate statistics and save a bit of electricity, and there are other times...
People with offspring and/or who live with significant others can tell you. I've had SP games paused for anything ranging from spiders to a broken toilet tank.
If my memory serves, I had my Battlelog account set up to not even show servers over 100 ping. I know for sure I never willingly joined anything over 120, and that was just a couple times to play with a buddy of mine from the UK. The point I was trying to make is that I've heard over and over about how Frostbite 1/1.5/2 is fixed, and I have yet to see it actually happen. In many instances, they made it worse (BC2 server R7 to R8 anyone?). I'm not talking about specific BF4...
Just out of curiosity, do you also think that they were gone in BF3 and BC2 as well?I've heard this song twice now (didn't buy Battlefield 4 or Hardline, so I don't honestly care), and both times I've found it to be completely false. Floating scopes, sound dropping out, enemies animating getting hit without being shot, physics effects that differ from player to player and all the general issues caused by client-side hit detection are enough to turn me off DICE games until...
Like...Overwatch? Dunno if it's any good of course, but it looks pretty interesting.
While I wasn't someone that was pleased with the horse armor when it came out, looking back at it isn't it pretty harmless P2 Look Good that really doesn't affect gameplay? Honestly, if Skyrim had a horse armor pack, nobody would care. The whole horse armor thing was honestly overblown. Was it overpriced? Depends on your view of things (it definitely was in my opinion, though with Heroes of the Storm skins/mounts clocking in at twice the cost of the horse armor it does...