Posts by RayvinAzn

Someone give Canon a couple billion dollars and get SED rolling again. Easily one of the most promising display technologies we've seen in the last decade or so.
Exclusive to PS2 honestly, but it was a one-off. The series didn't completely hop onto the console train until the second Modern Warfare.
Instead of spending time tweaking current levels to work as a D1 style map, maybe add new maps to the current game that aren't a 1-month per year special dungeon? Or maybe finally add 3D artwork for the 70% of Monk Spirit Stones that don't have any? How about reworking some of the current items to be more viable instead of designing throwaways for this limited time event? Perhaps the visual department could tone down certain skills for clarity during intense fights instead...
It's a waste because that development time could have been much better spent. It won't be good for nostalgic fans of the original because of the changes, the gameplay looks gimpy compared to what D3 offers currently, and the limited timeframe offerred by the event makes it a curiosity rather than an improvement to the game. Development time was spent on this aberration that could have been usefully allotted on literally anything else.
Your first CoD game was Modern Warfare 2 I take it?
Don't get too excited, sounds like it's a limited time event, up for only 1 month per year. On top of that it uses the new character classes and skills, and recycles current art assets that are "closest" to what was in D1. Even for free it seems like a waste.
You don't think Volta, Nvidia's next generation of GPU, will be faster than their current generation?
First time buying a GPU or something? This happens all the time. I paid $320 for an X1900XT two months before G80 released, I felt a little miffed, but its not the end of the world. Two years on (of playing all games but Crysis at max setting at 1680x1050) I got a 9800GT for like $140. Get your money's worth out of your card, don't worry about what everyone else has. It's not like your GTX 1080 suddenly performs worse because of this announcement.
No, but there is a meaningful difference between a dual-core and a quad-core. My minimum FPS in Bad Company 2 jumped from the high 20s to low 40s when I went from an E6600 to a Q6600 (P965 chipset, so Penryn was not an option). Same overclock to 3.2GHz as well. It's all well and good to say it's not much difference most of the time, but when it is a difference, it's a huge one.
Aside from graphics?1: P2P matchmaking for games that require split-second decisions. A terrible way to play.2: Piss-poor menus designed to be navigated using thumb sticks.3: Inventory systems reduced to four slots to accommodate D-pad switching.4: number of allowable skills reduced to allow for the limited buttons available on a console.5: generally slower gameplay to accommodate thumb stick movement.6: lack of any sort of modding tools or even mapmaking tools.