Posts by RayvinAzn

I don't particularly want to either...but I do need a second Blu-Ray player. Maybe I'll just pony up the extra $250 or so for a more full-fledged living room entertainment experience. It's nice to play fighting games when I have friends over (the only truly good face-to-face console experience IMO), Mortal Kombat X and Street Fighter V will probably serve. Bloodborne doesn't look too bad either, and is (for the time being at least) console exclusive. The occasional...
I did misread that, my fault. Still, it seems like most of the bugs in the BF series are largely unknowns. I had the red dot sight disappear, an issue that I've never (personally, not online) heard of anyone else having in BC2. Audio would occasionally bug out and get caught in a loop. My character would occasionally lock up and not be able to move, just look around. In almost all other (FPS) games I've played, bugs were largely well-known and easily reproduced, or so hard...
Weren't you just saying how the game was perfect? I guess we all have differing ideas on what perfect is.This is maybe the fourth "news" post on how EA/DICE will be fixing the netcode in this game. I recall a similar situation back when Bad Company 2 came out. First it was client-side fixes, then server version R7, then R8, then R9. The game was broken on all of them. We had a similar situation with Battlefield 3, but I quit that much sooner (and never paid a dime for any...
There's not really any hit detection as such since the game is completely turn-based and all your shots are rolls of the dice. There are still a few oddities regarding lines of sight though (most of the worst offenders were fixed in a post-release patch), probably what you were referring to. I just thought it was a great example of an excellent AAA game with a nice expansion and no BS. I definitely agree on the Batman games though (just Asylum and City), they were both...
No love for XCOM: Enemy Unknown?
If a game requires Battlelog, I will not buy it. If a game requires Origin, I will not buy it. If my purchase of a game funds EA, I will not buy it. The last time I broke any of those rules was the Battlefield 3 launch; suffice to say, I will almost certainly not be purchasing this game. Any single one of those might be negotiable, but since all three will almost certainly apply, I guess this will just be another one of dozens of "must-have" AAA titles I've skipped over...
It's explained in the article. With the CPU no longer bottlenecking the GPU, there's less idle time on the GPU and thus higher power draw.
You used the Merriam Webster definition, right? The one that states "a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina"? You see that "or"? Kind of a key word there (actually both of them are, but for the purposes of this post we'll focus on the second one). Are you going to tell me that playing games at a competitive level requires no strength, agility, OR stamina? None of those have any effect on how well a...
The bottom line to me is this: People watch sports for a variety of reasons, but at the base level it's to watch the best of the best compete at the highest level within a set of rules that they understand reasonably well. It's exciting to see players perform at levels we cannot consistently (or ever) achieve ourselves, and make plays that we are not capable of or might not have even thought of. If the competition itself were too easy, there would be no point, but I'm no...
Limit Poker is vastly different than Pot Limit. Limit has completely structured betting (though it's usually an unlimited number of bets and not capped at 4 bets when heads up) set at $4-8 or some other such derivative, while Pot Limit is essentially No Limit except you can't overbet the pot (which is usually a risky move for any amateur anyway, and the second most common way I see newer players get stacked).