Posts by cortec

Ouch, man.I feel for ya.
Hey guys, currently running Skyn3t BIOS, (thanks, man) clocking at 1250/8000 @ 1150mV with EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC, and using EVGA Precision. I have to manually set the voltage, clocks, etc. through Precision. However, everytime I manually tried to edit the BIOS files myself, the card would always hit strange limits, which wouldn't allow me to alter the BIOS in anyway. That's why I had to use Skyn3t's GTX780 Ti SC BIOS. I don't know if they use HEX editors to alter the BIOS...
Umm, no eco profiles that I know of. I know what you mean about settings not taking hold.Sometimes it just forgets and I have to reflash the BIOS to the newest. (I have tried older revisions as well.) One time the multi got stuck @ 16x and wouldn't budge. I have EVGA so Eleet utility works - to some degree(!).With that I have set multi to 45x in Windows, but can't currently change BUS clocks with it. Do you guys know of any other programs that can change memory frequencies...
Thanks for suggestions, I am trying to run RAM at CAS9-12-11-28-1T. I think the BIOS is saving things, when I F10, and reboot. Can I run my VCCIO any higher. Highest I have tried is 1.300V. Funny thing is, is that it can't even boot @ 1600MHz @ 1.65V DRAM Voltage. Only 1333MHz whatever voltage. My point is, that I think I bought the wrong RAM!(?) I don't care about 2133MHz anymore, I just want ANYTHING other than 1333MHz. AAaaaarghhh!!!!!
Mmm, just been trying new combinations to try and get this RAM to work. 1- I raised VCCIO and VSA to 1.300V. 2- Saved and restarted BIOS. (Voltages have changed.) 3- Set memory frequency. (Multi 133, Freq. 2133MHz) 4- Saved and restarted BIOS. The voltage settings then return to normal and even switch themselves back to AUTO. (?). When I disable one DIMM through BIOS, I can set freq. @ 2133MHz. So next with both DIMMs activated, 1- I copied all the timings, secondary,...
I can OC my CPU to 5.2GHz easily, however this is just in BIOS. Whenever I start Windows 7 up it just defaults back to 42x multi and never goes higher. When I restart the computer the BIOS always reads what I set it to, e.g, Manual Multiplier @ 48x, vCore @ 1250, etc. etc. Its just that Windows always locks out @ 4.2GHz or 42x multiplier. Arghh!!! The chip runs so cool and low vCores that I think are amazing. I would just like to maybe go to 4.5GHz @ 1.3V vCore...
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 - Ser. L836B247 Asus Striker II Formula BIOS 2102 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz XMS2 - CM2X2048-8500C5D EVGA GTX470 SuperClocked Corsair Pro Series HX750 Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Intel 80GB Gen2 SSD Currently @ stock = 1333FSB & 1066.7MHz RAM @ 5-5-5-15-2T All voltages stock/AUTO Having problems with crashing. Everything @ stock settings. Idles at 32*C, full load at no more than 55*C. Obviously @ stock settings the computer is absolutely rock...
IM0001 - Damn my settings are burried somewhere in the forum in either this thread or another. If anyone reallly needs them, I can see about digging everything up once again. Yeah, we still be clockin' 'em!! Dig 'em up if it's not too much hassle, it'll probably help me or even someone else... Umm, glad I waited really with LGA775, cos 1155 seems a lot cooler and faster than 1366. I get 3.83GHz from a Q9550 E0 so can't complain. 1800MHz FSB with Sync Mode and 900MHz RAM....
Mattb2e - What is your SPP(NB) voltage at? It's currently running @ 1.44V. Hydro: I just purchased an Antec Kuhler H2O 920 cpu cooler and I'm really impressed with the performance. I used to have a Noctua NH-D14 and could never overvolt to 1.36250V, now it's a breeze. Literally! If you have a large enough case with plenty of good airflow get one now!!! UK - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-006-AN US -...
I'm using Antec Kuhler H2O 920, I know I just through all the variables back into the pan by going all AUTO with my voltages but I seem to be stable now. Passing IBT tests, passing 4M Hyper-Pi, and I clocked four minutes of stable OCCT time. (Believe me that's a lot for my system at 3.82GHz!) I did this by not changing the FSB settings, loosening my RAM to factory SPD settings, and setting all voltages to auto, recording them using HWInfo and manually bumping up to the...