Posts by PhantomTaco

This doesn't really prove anything, past performance isn't an indicator of anything, it may hold merit sometimes, but without evidence it's nothing more than suspicion.This doesn't say much either.This, though, does say something. I'm interested to see when UE4 based Ark launches the DX12 patch next week to get some more data points to add. While it is nice to know that they did open the source code up, it doesn't entirely mean it is unbiased. As I recall Oxide games was...
By all means correct me if I'm wrong but there's a few things I don't understand. For starters are these theories based on the single Ashes of the Singularity benchmark? IIRC the game was developed with AMD helping the dev out. Would it be crazy to assume there were choices made that specifically improved performance for AMD? I'm not saying they necessarily actively made choices that hampered NVIDIA intentionally or even directly, but if true I'd assume some choices made...
Question for you Insight, what size/threading are the thumbscrews on the 901? I tested and found that I can in fact fit a 980 TI Hall of Fame inside the 901, but the side panel won't close when the power cables are plugged in. I'm thinking about getting longer screws/thumbscrews for the side panel and just tightening it enough to hold the panel in place. The logic is that it would probably help airflow because the side panel will have maybe half an inch at most of...
Thanks for the info. I figured it would be close at best. Kinda sucks because I do like the case, but I'd end up starved for exhaust/airflow with my hof.
Hey guys I've got a question for Evolv ITX owners: Do any of you know whether or not the case can support a 2.5 slot GPU like a HOF? I know it has 2 slots on it, but it seems to have some extra clearance to it.
Agreed, that is absolutely ludicrous regardless of the extras.
One can dream...either way keep up the awesome work. You guys are literally the only case manufacturer that ever really wows me anymore.
Any plans to update the 901 with some new features as well? That would push me over the edge to get one myself. I just finished helping my brother build in a 901 and I just wish there was more ventilation options. Or maybe an matx variant??
Yeah the people complaining about "stealing" it from a modder really need to get off the hate wagon. Fact is you COULDNT buy a case like this before in the mainstream right? Well guess what?! Now you can! And somehow that's a bad thing? And if the modder that made it had patented it and started selling it to people then it would be a problem. But since that didn't happen, and they do not sell it, this is nothing but a good thing for us. As for the caselabs thing, welcome...
FWIW this WAS true. Amazon stopped selling the predator for a while because of QC issues, but the day of the Prime Day Sale they restocked them. I bit the bullet and ordered one with no dead pixels no bleed or anything. This isn't to say it's entirely resolved, and it is just a single person, but it would SEEM that amazon is satisfied that the QC on the panels has improved and started stocking them again.