Posts by PhantomTaco

Maybe read on that Powerbook 5300 a bit more?http://lowendmac.com/1995/powerbook-5300/
I love how you and so many other vocal opposers to change like to speak for all longtime fans as if you have polled the entire group and come up with an answer for the view. Stop it. You don't speak for all of us, you can speak for yourself and that's it. I've been playing FF since the first, and have played every one up until the most recent (except FF13-3...oh also FFX-2). In fact, if you read through reviews of FFXIII it was universally applauded for it's gameplay, and...
You made 3 bad claims in there, also, try not to take it so personal. 800hz motion interpolation? Have you tried panning a camera around in game with interpolation? It looks terrible. I've done it before on several high end TVs from the past few years (ranging from Samsungs and Sony's to Vizios and LGs). Interpolation only works really well when the scenes don't change very much; i.e. you aren't panning a camera or there aren't any dramatic changes in what is being...
I downplay consoles for several reasons:First of all the idea that tvs will implement freesync is ludicrous. The only manufacturer that would consider for the sake of a single market (console gamers) is Sony because they have the PS line. Others may, but the incentive isn't entirely there. You don't have "gaming" TVs.The console market is on the decline. In 2015 they represented 30% of the global gaming market, and they're projected to shrink to 26% by 2019. By then,...
Last I checked Freesync has no TVs that use it. So...consoles? The small market of PC gamers that game on a TV? Those are the things that make Freesync supreme? It isn't like media consumption outside of gaming have variable FPS on the same file/show (i.e. movies and TV shows). And if anything in that scenario (specifically consoles) Gsync has the benefit of improving the lower end of fps, something Freesync isn't capable of. Still don't agree with you. Add to that what...
So...because it supports my output types it's supreme? Last I checked features offered outweighs outputs offered so long as the outputs are widely available.
Agreed. Honestly a remake that only touches up the graphics alone can be super boring. At that point all I'm enjoying is just the new eye candy while playing a game that I've played many times in the past. For the smaller (I believe it is) group of hardcore purists that may be a dealbreaker, but for those of us that have played it and enjoyed it this is a great way to make it feel like a new take on a familiar friend. This went from being mildly interesting to more...
I'm pretty sure the claim that lot of people don't like win10 isn't remotely the cause. The causes, according to the article are people don't feel the need to upgrade their device as often, and smartphones/tablets being able to replace the primary functions of PCs for most consumers (especially in the high growth emerging markets).
Honestly the problem with that is the 980TI is hitting around the average max for most 980ti's. The 1070 and 1080 aren't even breaking 2Ghz, which is severely below their average. On average 1070s/1080s overclock to around 2100Mhz, 6-10% ish higher than what these are listing. Hell, my 1070 hits 2200. So personally I'd disagree with the notion that the 980TI is faster. I had a 980TI Galax HOF that was hitting 1525-1550 and it definitely doesn't perform as well as my 1070...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Power-On-Off-Volume-Flex-Audio-Jack-for-iPod-Nano-7th-Gen-Black-/221918852089?hash=item33ab64f3f9:g:xgcAAOSwbsBXpL9rThat black piece on the left is the 3.5mm jack, there's literally nowhere in the iphone 7 you could fit that now with the taptic engine in place.