Posts by Quindor

Updates updates! My Asus contact just contacted me that they have been testing my old board we sent to them and that after testing for about a week they have identified some problems and have corrected those and that it's now running correctly and stable using both the older 0606 and newer 0615 BIOS. No clue what they changed, but that sounds good! It will take a bit to receive the motherboard, especially with my vacation coming up, but I'll try to get things done as...
Ok, so what has changed since I went from 0606 to 0615! During this process, because of a suggestion I got on that ASUS ROG forum, I have also been toying with a few different type of memory modules I have. Sadly, this yielded no different results then I had before, both on 0606 and on 0615, so I am convinced my memory is NOT the problem. Basically, using my default modules, or 2 other type of modules or NO modules make no difference whatsoever. Underclocked, default...
I just installed the 0615 BIOS (I was on 0606) and while this has changed the situation a bit for the better, it certainly has NOT resolved it yet. I'm too tired to write a big post right now, so I'll do that tomorrow.
Well, the system is back home and hooked up again. Checking things before hooking up I can see that this is a different motherboard then I handed it in with. I guess my original one is the one that died because of the flash. Using the trick described before I got it to boot and all my settings from before are still working. Windows booted up and all is well. I did get a "USB port overvoltage warning" that I had not seen before, but I suspect it might be one of my USB...
More updates! I had contact with the store, and sadly they didn't get very far. To be honest, they didn't even read this topic fully or follow my instructions which I have told them a few times and only got the board to post once and further thought it was a short-circuit somewhere. :S I certainly didn't have those (I worked on the system for more then 1,5 weeks), so I'm a bit confused about that. But in reality, they are doing their best and I really can't blame them. I...
Nah, by now I'm pretty convinced it's a BIOS/firmware issue. If I do the "pull power for an hour and remove BIOS battery and keep removed", the board will post and as long as I keep the power plug in, it will boot, overclock to 4.7Ghz easily, 48Hr+ stable, gaming, shutdown and power on, standby, restart. All no problem. The problem only surfaces when you remove the power plug, suddenly you get stuck with Code 00 and the only way to fix it is to do the trick again.Since I...
No problem, it's a good suggestion, but I did try a different battery, no change. Also checked the board several times, no bent pins. Also a second board is exhibiting the same problems.
Nou nou, zo zou ik het niet willen stellen hoor. Ze proberen me echt wel te helpen, maar het is soms wat frustrerend als technisch persoon om niet gewoon direct met de betreffende techneut aan de andere kant te kunnen spreken. Tot nu ben ik absoluut tevreden over de service die ze leveren, het is dan ook een zeer lastig probleem.English version: He said it was a bad shop, my comment is that it isn't a bad shop really, but that I'm just a bit frustrated that I can't just...
That's just the thing, we tried a new board and also a new CPU on that board, but it kept giving us the same problems. That's why I'm actually quite hopefully for the new BIOS/firmware Asus has provided!
Another update. Asus got back to me and they have provided me with a new testing BIOS of which they hope will resolve the problem I am having. I have immediately passed it on to CDRomLand, and while a bit reluctant at first "We have not found your problem yet Sir"...Yes, well, I'm aware of that, but I do have some news! :S Anyway, once I got through to the manager of the technical department and still refusing to let me speak to a technician I think he understood me and...