Posts by DooRules

Fresh install W10 pro...
That's the thanks you get for trying to save a customer some grief... wicked. There is just no helping some people.
Agree with previous posters. Single 950 is probably best. One for OS and one for storage would be best of both worlds. Reads scale very poorly at this point, writes scale very well, and 4k numbers are very good for R0. I did loads of testing in R0 with both my 950's before settling on one for OS and one for storage. Here is an example of what the numbers looked like in R0
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Overview-of-M-2-SSDs-586/ M.2 Drive Throughput by Connection Theoretical Maximum Throughput Est. Real-World Maximum Throughput SATA III 6.0 Gb/s (750 MB/s) 4.8 Gb/s (600 MB/s) PCI-E 2.0 x2 8 Gb/s (1 GB/s) 6.4 Gb/s (800 MB/s) PCI-E 2.0 x4 16 Gb/s (2 GB/s) 12.8 Gb/s (1.6 GB/s) PCI-E 3.0 x4 32 Gb/s (4 GB/s) 31.5 Gb/s (3.9 GB/s) The "theoretical maximum throughput" is the number that a lot of vendors and...
You do not have to reinstall OS to move from IDE to achi mode. Procedure is in link above.
Good airflow is all you need IMHO. Here is a 121 GB file from one 950 to another, it was a little slow to start and one little dip for a couple of seconds but no thermal throttling going on. Highest temp on either drive is 59'. Both drives were back to 33' within a couple of mins.
I had two cores at 0" C at times. Had the gpu down to 4" C at the lowest point. Was going up to around 15' C during runs. But i was starting to worry about condensation forming. Room was cold obviously as well, heat off and rad pumping cold air and plenty of cold air leakage into the room.Saw zero evidence of condensation but it was surely on my mind. Figured if it was to appear one of the first places would be on the glass of the reservoir, but nope. Try again tom.
Sorry about that, I updated post with url.
http://valid.x86.fr/9eiy2k
DooRules -- 6700K @ 5.108 --- 980 ti KP @ 1563/2174 --- 5244