Posts by old neophyte

My system is not overclocked at all. (The CPU is a Intel Core I7 2700K 3.5 GHz running stock.) I have an Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard, so the thermal radar is showing temperatures ranging from 24-32 C. (My case has 7 fans: 1 bottom; 2 side [blowing on the graphics card and mother board]; 2 front blowing across drives; 1 back blowing out; 1 large top blowing out; and, the power unit blowing out the back from inside the case. I also have attached to the CPU a COOLER...
I tried the disconnect-reconnect ODD approach. Didn't solve problem. I also tried FixIt and that didn't solve the problem. However, I was inspired by a suggestion on another forum and I uninstalled the DAK and Roxio software. I discovered I could then burn both data and audio CDs with Windows tools. (I also change Windows 7 Autoplay settings to "Ask me every time". I then re-installed the DAK software and tried one of its CD-burning tools. The system crashed. So...
Ok, I examined the connections, and as far as I can tell, they're solid. What do you suggest is my next step?Thanks.
Good point. I'll do that at my earliest opportunity. Thanks.
No, I haven't. However, as I indicated above, I'm able to read audio and data CDs just fine. However, I've only been successful in burning an audio CD with Windows Media Player. Could a loose connection account for that senario?
First, I apologize if I'm posting the following in the wrong location! I’m having a serious problem with burning audio CDs. My system specifications are the following: System specifications: • ASUS Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel MB • Plextor M3 Series PX-256M3 2.5" 256GB SATA III Internal SSD (C drive) • PC Power and Cooling Silencer 910W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready PS • EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550...
Ok. I've opened "Run" > "services.msc". I've found "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder". For both:• Status = Started• Startup Type = Automatic• Long On As = Local ServiceIn addion, I've been trying several experiments:• When I plug the speakers into both the back green jack and front headphone jack, the volume is very low. When I plug my DAK 2800-PC interface mixer (into which my turn table is plugged), into the rear light blue "Line-in" jack, the...
I have separate speakers and headphones: JVC Stereo Headphones HA-RX300 plugged into front panel 35mm “Headphone” jack; and, dual Viewsonic SP2002 speakers plugged into the green back panel 35mm “Front Speakers Out” jack.I'm not sure how I managed it, but now I can hear music from CDs, .wav files, and You Tube videos. The following are the configurations and results:• With the speakers plugged into the green back panel 35mm “Front Speakers Out” jack and the headphones...
Something interesting just occurred; I just hear an Outlook message arrival announcement. So, why am I not able to hear You Tube recordings?
By changing settings, I've been able to get the test sounds from:• the speakers only;• the headphones only;• the headpones, with the speakers muted if the headphones are plugged in;• the speakers, with the headphones muted if the speakers on on; and currently,• the speakers and headphones simultaneiously.However, I can hear no sound when trying to play online You Tube recordings.Thanks.