Posts by powerhouse

Thanks. Does it also work? I mean, have you tested it by passing through a PCI device?
See the VirtualBox manual here.
Looks like no driver claimed the PCI device (look under configuration: - there should be a driver: entry unless there is no driver claiming the device). I got plenty of UNCLAIMED generic and some other devices. In my case these devices are not in use. However, I do not have any IOMMU device (at least not visible under Xen).EDIT: Checked the lshw output under regular kernel (non-Xen): no IOMMU entry. I suppose this is because I run an Intel system where the IOMMU function...
It looks like the info in post 1 is not maintained anymore - all BIOS info is outdated. Too bad.
What's your motherboard? Do you run VGA passthrough?
I haven't read all the information you have given, sorry. But a common mistake is to not activate IOMMU (or VT-d) in the motherboard BIOS.The next step is to turn primary passthrough off in the guest config file. qemu-xen-traditional is what you need to specify too. Before starting the VM, check to see that the VGA devices are assignable.
@vuldin: I suggest to post in the other thread you already posted here. This thread is to share information on VGA passthrough compatible motherboards. Thanks.
I wouldn't pay attention to what Asus says - they can't even answer simple questions correctly. Besides, Asus doesn't support Linux on their desktop boards and any issue you encounter while running Linux (including missing VT-d support) is your problem. Asus has been spreading rumours about VT-d for a long time, most of which is utter nonsense.The problem is with the BIOS and Asus has a hard time getting BIOS versions in shape. VT-d isn't a mainstream feature so Asus often...
Sorry for the late reply - have been very busy lately. The specs look OK - the power supply seems a bit overkill. Personally I have good experience with Seasonic power supplies.
I have upgraded the dom0 several times and no, there is no need to reinstall your VM. Just make sure you save your config files (VM, Xen, networking, grub, initram, whatever) and scripts (if any). The same should go for changing the distro. You can also change from xm to xl toolstack and vice versa.