Posts by evilminist

For future reference (if anyone does plan on doing this as well) 12mm does work quite well! A tad loose I think (the cooler can rotate a couple of degrees, but it might be normal?)
Oh nice! I actually read the exact same thread too - the only difference is that I ordered 12mm standoffs (but they're not here yet...probably stuck in customs or somewhere for the past week and a half). How do the 10mm ones fit?
I'm actually trying this out too! C1100 to a HAF 932. I'm just waiting for a package to arrive (it's been over 3 weeks since it shipped out >
So I got one of these, and since no one has created a mini review yet, I'll give it a shot. I have it configured with: 4770k cooled with a H100i GTX AIO and R9 290X (dual fan, exhausts into the case). 120mm rear, 120mm front, 140mm front, and H100i's 240mm on top (which requires the removal of the top). PROS - its quiet when the top is closed (i.e. no fans on top, otherwise air can't get in/out) - small, yet fits a lot. CONS - cable management is pretty bad if you have...
we're all here. waiting. patiently. =)
From what I understand, smaller nm process will only create more chips IF the number of transistors per die remains constant and they make the chip smaller. But what they are doing is putting more and more transistors on each die (and making each die smaller at the same time). That way, each generation of chips can become faster (or at least maintain the same speed and use less power). The smaller each transistor is, the less power they use (due to a combination of...
Subbed! Especially if you are planning on a case swap. I've been looking to do this for a while too...but I haven't had the time to sit down and do good research into this. Good luck!
Yea...I would go for the Pro, but its closer to $300+tax whereas the regular one is $85+tax. And no one normally stocks the Pro either >
Well...that explains why the connection sucks. I'll go pick up 2 today and see how it goes. Hmm...also, if my neighbors use those channels, should I use the next available one or just force channel 1/6/11 and hope that they use auto channel selection?
Hi all, So my current wireless config at home isn't quite cutting it. 3 floor house (ground level, upstairs, and basement), all wired with gigabit ethernet. I currently have the modem+router in the basement (DIR-825) and a DAP-1522 on the second floor as a wireless repeater. The problem is, is that the signal is pretty much weak everywhere and there are a bunch of dead spots around the house. Now, I was thinking of using Ubiquiti UniFi APs to solve the signal issue. I've...