Posts by Insan1tyOne

Yes, basically the verdict is still out on whether or not the PSU and Motherboard work. I am pretty confident in most everything else. And honestly this thing has me so frustrated that I almost would pay to have someone else tell me what is wrong with it. There just aren't any good PC repair shops in my area though...- Insan1tyOne
Most users have reported seeing lower temperatures and lower idle voltages. Those two facts are a given because they are programmed into the BIOS. Moving forward, various tests by the users here have also shown that these BIOS files can also offer increased over-clocking ability and higher bench-marking scores. Beyond that I am not so sure what else these BIOS files have to offer. A small handful of people have reported that these BIOS files make their cards more "stable"...
@fyzzz I think adding the "true" timings and voltages from within the BIOS to BOTH version of the NO MOD BIOS (R9 290 and R9 290X) would be a great advancement. That way, what we would create would basically be an R9 290 / R9 290X BIOS but with all of the "PCB" or "unnoticeable" improvements that the R9 390X BIOS adds.But alas, as I have said before, my skills only extend to that of Hawaii BIOS Reader. I would really like to learn how to do the "in the BIOS" editing but I...
Your bad motherboard powered on and would show lights? Hey, it got further than mine at least! But yes, after all the testing I have done / am doing, I am also starting to think that it is definitely the motherboard. I'm glad I saved 100% of the packaging as I will have to get another RMA request with Newegg started. I purchased this over 30 days ago though so I hope that I can still submit it under "DOA".- Insan1tyOne
Hello Everyone,It seems that we have some confusion about what BIOS files contain what modifications. I will try and make it very apparent below by breaking down the individual folders and files:1.) R9 290 Folder: Use this folder if you have an R9 290 card that you wish to flash. [[SPOILER]] 2.)R9 290X Folder: Use this folder if you have an R9 290X card that you wish to flash. [[SPOILER]] Please Note:Every BIOS file in my package is based off of the original "leaked" XFX...
Honestly after all this I am strongly considering purchasing a test bench. But I will try that before trying to get an RMA for the motherboard rolling with Newegg. I also want to try just booting with just one of the two sticks of RAM and vice versa. Thanks for your input!I agree completely with what you are saying, I am just baffled though by the two oddities that I experienced during my testing the other day.Firstly, the PSU seems to transfer power to objects just fine...
Yes, I believe it has been said before but ALWAYS be sure to disable Cross-Fire before flashing any BIOS files.I run two reference R9 290's in crossfire with Corsair HG10 AIO cooling and run these BIOS files just fine on both cards. Just be sure to follow the proper flashing procedure. I will be curious to see if your R9 295X2 still plays nice with the R9 290 after flashing the BIOS on the R9 290 though.The new driver has been working great! Been running it for awhile now,...
Normally I open my over-clocking tool of choice and reset all settings to defaults. Then I completely un-install any AMD drivers (using a program like DDU) before completing the flash. After flashing I then re-install the latest AMD drivers. Which, by the way, I strongly recommend these drivers as they are much newer than AMD 15.7.1.Doing all of this seems very annoying / laborious but when flashing a new BIOS sometimes the AMD drivers tend to get a little wonky for no...
Bump. Any help / suggestions is greatly appreciated. - Insan1tyOne
UPDATE: I had some spare time today so I tore down the machine and extracted the PSU. Here are the results of what I found: Attempted to use a screwdriver to short the power pins on the motherboard in hopes that it was just the case power button malfunctioning. No dice there. Extracted the PSU and shorted the 24-pin and connected my Phanteks PWM hub to it via a SATA power cable. The LED on the PWM hub lit up indicating that it had power. Then somehow my H100i activated...