Posts by Insan1tyOne

Generally I would agree with you on this for any other source besides USB, the shorter the cable runs between gear the better. (Coax, BNC, I2S, AES/EBU, Optical) Source --> DAC --> AMP. But in the case of USB that is simply not the case. You still want the USB runs to be short (less than 2.0M total) but upping the quality of the USB Source, as well as helping it along the way with better cables and something like the Intona USB Isolator can greatly improve the over-all...
Oh yes I always forget about Paul Pang, his V4 card is definitely superior to the SOtM card... I just need to remember that it exists! Thank you for that reminder.- Insan1tyOne
Hmm that is actually an interesting idea that I have never considered before. I wonder what it would sound like if someone used the HDMI port on a GPU to go directly to a DAC as an HDMI I2S connection from their PC instead of using USB or Optical? That would be a really interesting test I think... I'm not sure I have ever heard of someone doing that before.- Insan1tyOne
[[SPOILER]] Talk about "feeling the music." Do you route your PC audio through these as well for a source or are you using some other source that isn't pictured?- Insan1tyOne
Yes, I have seen comments going both ways as well. In that case the Breeze DU-U8 would actually be the way better way to go!- Insan1tyOne
Interesting, I was actually just looking at the Melodius MX-U8 which is said to even surpass the Gustard U12 and the Breeze DU-U8. Maybe if I ever decide to get back into the conversion game this is what I will buy.- Insan1tyOne
I prefer the Schiit Wyrd over the UpTone Regen. But the Intona (Industrial Edition) is getting rave reviews from nearly everyone in the Audiophile community. I have been dying to test one out for myself but just have not had the chance yet. The general consensus at this point is that the Intona (Industrial Edition) is hands down the best USB isolator on the market at this point.I assume you are talking about this Breeze DU-U8:...
[[SPOILER]] Someday maybe I will lay down the cash for an LH Labs Lightspeed 10G USB Cable or an Audioquest Diamond USB Cable... But, today is not that day! Although if you are worried about noisy USB interference coming from your PC I would say either buy a USB Isolator or just don't worry about it. It is my opinion that as long as you use high quality components when building your PC then it shouldn't be a problem at all. Although I think if I wasn't using an Mini-ITX PC...
This is what I'm concerned about. They should use a more localized source of water. (A large man made tank, etc.) That doesn't have any lifeforms present in it to be affected.- Insan1tyOne
Honestly at this point, I am really looking to say "goodbye" to any form of dual-gpu card / Crossfire / SLI setup and just say "hello" to the Titan X successor with HBM2 even if it does cost $1,299 or whatever. More and more developers / driver manufacturers are just forgetting or leaving out dual+ GPU support. So I am quite excited about the prospect of a "1.5x to 1.8x performance" Titan X successor. Also, I am excited to upgrade my current LG 34" 3440 x 1440p monitor in...