Posts by Insan1tyOne

Well, If you want to keep the surround sound/3dfx then I would have to say stick with your sound card seeing as most DACs with optical tend to be on the pricier side of things relative to your budget. ($200-$500 range) But if you ever decide that you want an amazing DAC that will do it all in the future I would STRONGLY recommend the Schiit Bitfrost. It has everything you want and more... (Plus it will match your Vali)
[/quote]For DAC's to pair with the Vali I'd say the most obvious choice would be the Schiit Modi. But if you find a better option then go for it! How are you finding the Vali? I own the Magni myself but have always been interested in Tube Amps/Hybrids. Good luck on finding that new DAC!
It's true, it is a bit "overkill" for just gaming but it is just a suggestion. You can take what you like and leave what you don't. Disclaimer: Overkill is in my blood, this is OC.net after all.
I know this pushes the budget a little bit, but this system is easily the best you can get for your money. This is very similar to the system I have and it destroys any game I throw at it. I love it! Plus it comes in a nice little mATX package so I can take it to LANs and over to my buddies house and such. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.97 @ TigerDirect) CPU Cooler: Corsair...
Tell me about it! I plan almost constantly... Nothing is ever good enough. I mean, this is OC.net after all.
I'm using a Steelseries 4HD and a Steelseries Sensei. I really love the 4HD because it is small enough to be portable but still big enough to provide enough playing room. My Sensei glides across it like smooth ice. I probably won't ever buy another mouse pad until my 4HD wears out (if that ever happens!)
If you want a truly "unique" PC case without modding, I would have to say check out Ebay. I buy a ton of legacy PC gear on there (probably too much ) but regardless there are a ton of great looking but still unique and functional PC cases for sale there. You just have to know what to search! Here, browse through this page for example. I did some digging and you could probably find something "unique" here that will fit your color scheme. LINK:...
Honestly if you loved your ATH-AD700's I would recommend buy the new version (ATH-AD700X) for the $130-150 range. But if it is at all possible for you to bump your budget a bit I would recommend the AKG K701/Q701 for $199. I own a pair (after being a previous owner of a pair of ATH-AD500) and I absolutely love them.
This!
So much this... I've been seriously thinking about just modding it myself. PLEASE RELEASE A PERFORATED PLATE FOR THE 350/750/900D CORSAIR. Edit: I would buy it even if it was way overpriced... Take my money Corsair!