Posts by huzzug

It hasn't been since Omega 3 years ago
I hate when things go country dependent. The local seller here does not issue warranty. With Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte etc earlier having 5 years warranty, due to which the local seller offered nominal limited warranty for a year. 2 years back it caused me to lose warranty on my Z68 after the board started doing belly flops with the processor. Asus denied RMA as they changed their warranty page online from 5 to 2 and said I'm out of warranty. This is an headache and has...
All this ISP tracking got me thinking. Since most of our sources of information (valid or click baity) concentrate around Internet & Digital Media, and with this decision to actively profile users of data based on their browsing history and search preferences to be sold to advertisers so as to market it to producers of various goods who can then target particular demographics with said data. Can't it also be used to alter the entire electoral process by the way of running...
Well, I think that person could very well be one here and you'd never know. But I do agree, it isn't targeted at us.I could build a tower the size of the Washington monument with an Intel Atom and still have worst thermals whilst someone who knows what they're doing could build an ultrabook with an underclocked FX9570 and get better thermals. Skills is what has always separated the boys from men. Either with computers or women.P.S., yes, the example was hyperbole but was...
You still have gas in the tank and I'd suggest you to get a better PSU than that one. Nothing wrong with it, but it's a pretty basic unit for office system that do not see much stress going through them. But in your case, I do see a future with overclocking where that unit may not be optimum. Also, I suggested Haswell as I though you may have spare DDR3 lying around which could see use. But if that's not the case, then going Skylake or Kaby is right. Also, you might want...
Derp..
If the purpose is mainly gaming and ge wants one now, he could go with a used i5 6600 with a decent Z170 board. But DDR4 currently is expensive, so I'd rather advice to go Haswell i7 4790K used with a Z97 board. But if he can wait, AMD's 1400 & 1600 4c8t and 6c12t procs are going to offer much better CPU for the price and drive the platform prices down for everything in that category. For GPU, I'd get either a used 390 or RX480 8GB or Nvidia 980 / 1060 6GB. Anything that...
/t/1626102/900-build-help-1080p-gaming-pc/0_50
Would Infinity Fabric within Ryzen in anyway be able to communicate with any of your GPU technologies in current or future products that would incentivize consumers to go with a Ryzen paired with VEGA ? Just though that Infinity Fabric was a dank name, so it must be more than just a ring bus
You mean like a factory producing candies with 100mil workers. A few dozing off or goofing around during peak hours don't make much difference during production, but if they do so consistently and others join in on the goofing around, things go downhill.