Posts by toolio20

Any idea how much wattage would constitute "so much?" I'm not being snarky, I'd just really like to understand the limitations a bit more deeply...
If this has been answered conclusively already somewhere else please point me in the right direction or let me know if I should've posted under power supplies. With that said, here's the issue - I've got a 1500W (single-rail) PSU and a quantity of 20 drives to run (16 HDD, 4 SSD). Cable management is a nightmare. How many drives can I chain on a single molex? I know the usual number is four, but is that a hard limitation based on physics and safety or just an arbitrary...
Don't mean to semi-necro this thread but wanted to say thanks to Deafboy and also report, for prosperity, that this is indeed a workable solution - running the 8 pin EPS CPU connector via 2 PCIe cables with no issues (may have been able to get away with just one but I'll let someone more adventurous try that out).
Heh no, not the wiring itself but rather if I'm going to run into any issues with power delivery - again, I've scoured through a LOT of threads, posts, "guides" and assorted dross that are all contradictory and probably mostly wrong, as a result I'm somewhat apprehensive. That, and this isn't some rinky-dink x-tr3m Asus-based "enthusaist" rig with a bazillion amazing 120mm LED fans but an enterprise-grade bespoke workstation, so there's a bit of pressure associated with...
Dude, no offense but what the hell is going on with that Corsair PSU - mystery 10-pin connector above the 24-pin ATX, 12-pin "Current 4-pin EPS"...just...wow. I don't envy you having to deal with that abomination.Pin-out should not be a problem - it's all 12V and ground as far as I know (unless I'm missing something, which is totally possible) - I'm really more concerned with output. I appreciate you trying to help, though Solid information on this stuff is very hard to...
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W (single rail, 98A)
I'll try to keep this as brief and to the point as possible; I've got a quad CPU workstation mobo that requires power from 3(!) 8-pin EPS power cables, and I forgot to order the adapter (Akasa AK-CB051) I initially thought would allow me to run the third one from PCIe. I'm pressed for time to get this thing up and running (professionally - no "second PSU" options are viable, TIA, also: no 4-pin Molex, either) and really would rather not wait a week to order an adapter that...
Will it be m-itx or Prodig-itx? Hopefully the former, since huge voluminous cases are already well-represented. However, if Corsair really wanted to crack this whole m-itx "thing" they'd work on a viable competitor to the Shuttle PC63 500W PSU and incorporate it into their design since a capable SFF unit with proper amperage is the missing link in truly compact cases. Of course, Corsair would need to have a division that makes PSUs in order for this to happen so I guess...
Do you have access to a quality PSU with a single 12v rail pushing 35A or better you can test with? Your card's behavior isn't typical, and that PSU seems a bit iffy - you may end up having to RMA the GPU but I'd still take a keen look at that Raidmax while you're troubleshooting, power issues can cause weird problems.
What PSU are you using?