Posts by DaFaRsHeR

I am pretty sure a GTX 780 Ti will be able to drive a refresh rate well above 70hz @ 1440P judging by some of the reviews I have read which is why I recommended 1440P rather than OP looking for high performance from current GPU's at 4K.I only specifically mentioned the GTG time because QuantomMechanic had asked for a sub 4ms monitor. Would prefer to see an IPS panel with the best attributes of a PG278Q personally, TN doesn't float my boat!
This is just about the best 1440P for gaming (1ms GTG) but ouch muchas costly that is as cheap as I could find it in the UK! http://www.amazon.co.uk/PG278Q-Widescreen-Monitor-2560x1440-NVIDIA/dp/B00LBZLIXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408152718&sr=8-1&keywords=pg278q It is not in stock but hardly surprising given it is around 50 quid cheaper (probably the wrong word make that less expensive) than anywhere else.It is in stock here...
I think your choice of an EVGA 780Ti Classy is a great one personally (most gamers consider EVGA's support the best). It would be overkill if you were only gaming at 1080P though I didn't see which resolution and refresh rate you planned to play at (only that you might go 4K in the future). Fingers crossed on the price drop but don't hold your breath on that model!
Stupid question withdrawn!
You are welcome and good luck with your build!LOL, that is a false price to prevent ordering whilst out of stock (I think - otherwise there are some seriously rich PC enthusiasts out there)! Do read up on compatibility as I could not find a supported memory list for your board on the MSI website (but logically it should be fine). The tRAS (and tRCD) is very important basically they determine the round trip length for the RAM process so the lower the better. This is...
QuantomMechanic I would go with the Samsung but try this as it will save you £20 http://www.pixmania.co.uk/solid-state-drive-ssd/samsung-840-evo-mz-7te500-solid-state-drive-500-gb-internal-2-5/21526293-a.html?ectrans=1&gclid=CMWwurOQk8ACFSoEwwodgH8AGQ#merch=1&srcid=11270 and with a Mobo with 3000mhz memory support I would look at something like this (cos it is in red) http://www.pcnation.co.uk/product.aspx?id=9546&af=11 Looking at that board and its advertised SATA...
Hmmm, I would look at ssgtnubb's suggestions and then if no problems are found look very closely at the 24 pin Silverstone extension cable. Do you have a voltmeter to check the pins on the extension cable? Alternatively take it out of the case such that you do not need the extension cable and check or get another extension cable if it involves less effort. Maybe try with one memory module too!
QuantomMechanic I would not shelve your initial idea of a hybrid storage solution (by that I mean run a SSD and a HDD). My 120Gb Corsair Force SSD would probably be considered pretty poor (by todays standards) by most experts on this forum, it is nearly full yet I nearly always load into BF4 early before others have loaded and started taking bases! You can create partitions on your SSD as you would on a HDD keeping your games separate from the OS. My recommendation would...
Agree with your last point I thought OP was planning to put games on the SSD for super quick load times as I do (I would still get an SSD though)!And as far as 4K gaming goes I reckon 1440P or 1600P resolution gaming is the most prudent step to take until the true high end Maxwell GPU's or even the Pascal GPU's arrive, if you are a FPS gamer (I do not mean the 880 by the way).
Will make no comment re: the MSI board as I have no experience of them being a Gigabyte man personally. Will you be overclocking? The CPU you chose is about as up to date as you can get without going to an enthusiast level CPU (I am thinking of X99 chipset). You can go for faster memory than 1600mhz with a Devil's Canyon CPU (like 2400mhz) and Corsair / Gskillz etc. will do them in Red as will a few other manufacturers. Do you plan to play First Person Shooter games at...