Posts by spacegoast

Just for reference, I bought a brand new 5820K over at [H] about 4 months ago for $300. This one is used. I would think $275 is a fair price for the CPU.
I second this. I had SLI 970's early last year and ditched them for a 980 Ti and am much happier now. SLI support has just gone to crap with the games that I played back then. I haven'f followed it much now but my 980 Ti is still rock solid.
Ok, so which RAM are you using right now? The Super Talent is the 8GB stick and the 2x4GB kit is the Kingston right? Remove the Super Talent and just use the Kingston set. Make sure they are in the correct DIMM slots too. Yes you can downclock the RAM to run slower with tighter timings and lower voltage. Looks like you tried that because the Kingston set is rate for 1866mhz. I would manually set DRAM voltage to 1.65v just for now to get your CPU overclock stable. Do one at...
Can you post a pic of it greyed out? I am seeing it being set to Auto and it is at 1.5v. Doesn't look like it is greyed out in the pic you sent. I am referring to the pic with DRAM voltage, DRAM vRef, DRAM termination, ch A - date ref, ch b - data ref. You should be able to adjust DRAM voltage right there.
If the default voltage for your RAM is 1.6v or 1.65v and your board is set to auto, it might be only giving them 1.5v which is not enough and could be the reason why it is not working.Every motherboard is different. From what I recall it is every other slot, but I am not sure which 2 slots you would fill in your case.
What is the default voltage for the Super Talent RAM sticks? I see the Kingston has 1.65V on the sticker but it does not show on the Super Talent. You may need to set it to the default voltage and take that setting off of "auto." It looks like it may be setting the voltage too low if they require more, default it is setting is 1.5v, while the Kingston stick requires 1.65v.Are your RAM sticks in the proper slots? Some motherboards require them to be in dimm slots 1/3 or...
In the 2nd to last pic I am seeing DIMM slots 1 (4gb,) 2 (8GB,) and 3 (4gb) are occupied, but with different sized RAM sticks. Is that correct? You never want to mix RAM like that. You should be using only 2 of the same size RAM sticks. I would remove the 8gb stick that is in slot 2. Hopefully that will help on your overclocking.
Can you post pics of your BIOS settings? I think there is something that is on auto that shouldn't be. There is no way you should have issues OC'ing to 4.3ghz with 1.35v.
I am not saying it will happen but it is not outside the realm of possibility. There could be some other setting that are holding you back. It is not just set vcore and go. Like I said, you need to dial in to your settings and try and get the highest OC with the least amount of voltage. My chip for instance, was able to hit 4.7ghz at 1.33v. I am pretty sure it could have gone higher but I never took the time to mess with it anymore since I found the sweet spot for and...
The entire point of starting low is to find the maximum over clock with the least amount of voltage... You don't want to jump right in to 4.7ghz and just hope it works. You may come to find out your chip can run 4.7ghz at 1.325V. That's why it a lot of trial and error and will take some time to get right and dial it down. Take baby steps and slowly increase the multiplier. If it doesn't boot up then you need to add a little voltage to the vcore. 69C should be fine but I...