Posts by Darkwizzie

I dunno, the shunt mod results in 1080ti club did not wow me. It's looking like a pointless and potentially dangerous mod.
FTW's getting a block. Lightning might. But then it's a matter of how long you want to wait for a block that may or may not come. It's already almost July.
For me it's like Intel is telling me to go Z170, buy mobo, 6700k. Then upgrade to 7600k. Then buy x299 mobo, to the 7640x or whatever. Sell the old CPUs, sell the mobo. Then Coffee Lake rolls around, then I have to go back to mainstream and buy z290 or whatever. Essentially Intel is telling me to juggle HEDT and mainstream platforms.   That's not a jump I think I'm willing to make at this time. Right now my plans are still to stick to mainstream line. The low end HEDT...
Welps, that margin in temps is swallowed by delidding, lol.     6% higher clocks = 14% higher average FPS in 1440p GTA V?
It's losing in 1080p gaming from HwCanucks and it's unclear in Vortez. It maybe having a better IMC and supporting the crazy 4500 ram Gskill might release might be worth something... But I'd really only gain in bandwidth, not really latency. And Gskills sometimes announces things and nothing ever shows up. I'm not even sure if my games want lower latency or higher bandwidth. But 3800 C15 is still a good spot to be in for now. When Coffee Lake rolls around I bet the IMC...
Yeah, right now I'm not very convinced with Kaby Lake X. Especially if it means moving to a new platform. It would suck to have to switch between Kaby Lake X back down to Coffee Lake. Even with just upgrading every year (Skylake, Kaby Lake, etc) I only need to swap my motherboard every 2 years or so. Hopping across platforms like this would be expensive and annoying.
Intel slide: Most likely just a typo in the article. 8MB L3 cache for 4c8t model. The temperature chart:  Bitwit: Delidded 7740x vs undelidded 7700k: 56 vs 72 Power:Vortez Power Consumption (Firestrike) (Kind of weird results)227 vs 168WHwcanucks Power Consumption (aida64)145w vs 135wHothardware (Various)123 vs 152w (Wow, actually less power draw from this review) Perf:Vortez Cinebench: 994 vs 987HotHardware Cinebench: 993 vs 988Hothardware Cinebench Single: 196 vs...
Orly? How'd you tell?
I checked the stickers on the side of the pump combo unit and it doesn't say anything about revisions. 
Does everyone use a water temperature sensor and set up their fan curves with respect to the water temperature? If that's really the way to go for sure then I'll make adjustments to the loop so it can be set up. Would just going off of CPU or GPU temps be fine? If I'm setting Aquasuite to read off of Hwinfo work? I guess getting that to work I would still at the very least need HWinfo on all of the time even if Aquasuite doesn't. I don't want software open all of the time...