Posts by Darkwizzie

I just remove the Sennheiser quarter inch and plug in the quarter inch plug for my monitors. (3.5mm to quarter inch) into the Odac/amp if I want to switch to speakers. With STX, I plug in both speakers and headphones and switch via software. Now I will switch via plugs.
I'm reading your audio setup and you should be ok regardless of whether you get those or not.  I personally prefer speakers over headphones, but headphones have better price/performance and positional audio, so that was what got me to go headphones. My friend prefers headphones.
It's ok. Everything will be ok.  
Holy crap, FINALLY. Inb4anothershippingdelaywhenTylersendstheOdacbacktome.     In unrelated news: What is your dream headphone and why?  Stax 009? Orpheus? (Although, few have heard it, how would we know how good it is?) LCD-3?     Maybe one day when I have a good job and I have a house and some savings, I can buy a fully fledged Stax 009 system. By then maybe there's a Stax 011 or something.
The median of this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AldAG0FCQxM-dHFiVnRKMkdoT3BackRucFN2SjVhYkE&output=html&widget=true is 4.699ghz.   And holy god, that chart has 448 submissions, that makes my chart look small! What the heck!
Based on your guesstimation that 4.5 HW = 4.7 Ivy = 5 SB, that makes HW approx 5% over Ivy and 10% over SB, clock per clock. 4.5 x 1.05 = 4.6254.5 x 1.1 = 4.95 On the other hand, a CPU benchmark like chess or Cinebench would be a better benchmark for CPU speed. Do you think the average person pulled 5ghz on Sandy? Hwbot says yes. If we take HWbot's info at face value (which I think favors non-Haswell parts because Haswell is harder to overclock without a proper guide),...
    I added a small section in the chart. Do you think it's helpful?
You have been updated.  Also I fixed a charting error in the chart (sorting people by frequencies).
Wut? Somebody verify this plz.  Sounds like theoretical stuff nobody can ever hear or abx.
Charted.   -- New updates to the chart have been made. Vrin has its own column now and Vdimm is placed in the same column as ram speed.