Posts by Darkwizzie

Hey Sean,   A suggestion I gave to the the storage guy on PCper might be useful here... I feel a traced-based analysis of various loads (particularly gaming) would be interesting... To see what queue depths or file transfer size games demand, and whether it is sequential or random... From Tom's Hardware article on this a long time ago, the results were pretty interesting.
Yowza.Now I know the secret to hooking up hot ladies!  *throws girl in the air**lands on her head*Well, that didn't go as planned... What the heck IS a sport and why does it even matter? TotalBiscuit's video ends the argument as far as I'm concerned...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eD7zacG39I
No... We have to put the Haswell chips in its own category, the DC chips in its own, and the Pentium chip in its own. They overclock differently on average.
In the remote future I might design a desk that counteracts the extra height of the towel. I'd have a spot on the desk specifically designed for the keyboard. Now that's something. And I can stuff like 3 towels in there with impunity. Imagine if the spot is just as large as the keyboard itself; no room to slide around! It is also said that for best ergonomics, a keyboard needs to have negative incline. I am pretty particular about the height and the angle of the keyboard,...
The Towel Mod™ It's Always Best to Test!™ 3 easy payments of 39.99!   It's morning here too, the difference is that I never went to sleep. I'll try to get the stuff bought today, but might have to settle for tomorrow.   Having a towel folded on itself raised the keyboard from 1.8 to 2.7cm in height (measured at the very lowest point of the keyboard). That's 0.35 inches. I think that's too much. That increase from 0.24 to 0.35 increase in height from going 1 towel to...
It depends on the motherboard. On some motherboards, adaptive is useful and required for lower idle voltages along with Cstates. On my particular motherboard, adaptive is useless. I would've liked to have written it all out on paper but there were too many boards with different requirements for low idle voltage. IIRC (and I might not have), for most Asus boards adaptive does lower the voltage when activated in conjunction with Cstates, in other words you gotta activate...
Well... manual means the voltage is supposed to stay the same. Adaptive means the voltage can adapt. So, asking for both at the same time doesn't make much sense. If you're specifically asking for manual-mode voltage behavior under stress and adaptive-mode voltage behavior on idle, that's not Asus' fault, blame Intel. My recommendation is to dump AISuite, uninstall it. Overclock normally, and once your overclock is all nice and done, switch to adaptive. If you intend to...
But I want a high-contrast lettering that is typically seen only on doubtshot caps. :( The Kmac is winkey.
That setting should be adaptive voltage mode. 
LOL WHATAnd you call me silly!   Well, this is something I can start testing before the keyboard comes in. Shelf liners should be cheap, I can snag a nice towel and shelf liner in one go.  Now I think about it, this idea can be implemented for the mousepad as well. If somebody's mousepad constantly slips, they don't want to clean it, they can try the shelf liner + mousepad lifehack. I might do that for my mousepad if I end up not buying the large, long mousepads. I'm going...