Posts by edsai

The 212 stock fan has 4-pin then it can be speed controled by PWM when plugged in the CPU Fan header.The AF12025's exist in 2 versions with 3-pin and 4-pin PWM.The AF12025 in the link is a 3-pin fan then it can be only speed regulated by DC.If the CPU Fan header doesn't offer speed control by DC then 3-pin fans will spin at max speed.
Look pictures about the 300R and Silver Arrow SB-E here and the owner feedback here.The Silver Arrow SB-E is stated 165mm without fans.The NH-D15 is stated 160mm without fans and 165mm with fans.
That doesn't sound working as the board manual described. At least the CPU Fan should control 3-pin and 4-pin fans by DC. Check in the bios the CPU Smart FAN Mode options: Auto, Voltage and PWM. Set it as Auto. Check also the CPU Smart FAN Control options: Normal, Silent, Manual, Disabled. I would let it as default Normal. After the required restart enter in the bios again. Check the fans speeds. Hope this settings will make the 4-pin headers working with 3-pin and...
The Cpu/Opt Fan can control only 4-pin fans. 3-pin fans will run at full speed. The Cha fan 4-pin headers control both 3-pin or 4-pin fans by DC. The CPU Fan is designed to control the heatsink fan. The Opt fan is an extra header for the heatsink fan or case fan. The Asus Sensor shows the CPU Temp, board temp and the fan speeds. I would recommend to ignore the Asus Cpu Temp. It's not the core temp and under heavy load the sensor could still show lower temps.
I personally like both brands and have used their hard disks. I'm a Seagate 7200 RPM SATA III owner and my vote this time goes to Seagate just because I'm not from US and Seagate offers local rma with faster replacement in my country. His products have also better avaiability and prices in my county over WD's. I've never used the WD blue and black but I've used the WD green for years that cames with in the HP's desktops. Both Seagate and WD Green run quietly and cool.
Actually the max core temp for the FX-8320 / FX-8350 is 70C.Look here.
Thanks for your input. If I can I would give you a Rep+.
My oldest and first Seagate ST2000DM001 had weird click noises since the first day. The noise seems like the mouse button clicks just like in this video here. I updated the firmware then the weird noises almost gone. My newest Seagate ST2000DM001 (same model but newer PN and firmware revision) doesn't have any weird noises.
I have both the Viper's 120mm and 140mm. The 120mm fan works fine and it's quiet under 1300 rpm. The 140mm fan shifts a good amount of air but it's rather loud to me. It isn't quiet like the 120mm.
Actually the AMD Overdrive doesn't show the core temps."AMD overdrive shows accurate temperatures, but in a manner we are not accustomed to seeing. AMD Overdrive now shows a thermal margin reading instead of the actual core temperatures. Supposedly, the thermal margin reading indicates how much headroom is left before the maximum operating temperature is reached."