Posts by Glenwing

Well, looking at the specs, The U2518D is a standard gamut (99% sRGB) standard color depth (8 bpc / 16.7m colors) standard brightness (350 cd/m2) monitor. It meets literally none of the HDR requirements, at least by the definition used for HDR TVs. Of course the term "HDR" alone is a sort of generic term that doesn't really have a specific definition, which is why they can advertise "HDR" while making a monitor which is completely ordinary and exactly the same as the last...
Well, it's important to keep in mind the spec isn't "brightness" it's "maximum brightness". The brightness of the monitor isn't a fixed number, it's whatever you set it to, the spec just defines the upper limit. If you're only running your 400 cd/m2 at 60 brightness, it's not going to be any brighter than what a 300 cd/m2 monitor could achieve. It's only brighter if you're actually running with the brightness cranked to max to take advantage of that extra reach, which I...
The U2715H has an adjustable-height stand. The monitors will be different height if you set them to different heights. If the minimum or maximum heights are different it may just be a change they made in later revisions, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal considering you can adjust the other one up or down to match.Monitors have certain tolerances in manufacturing, and the color will be slightly different on every monitor, even two of the exact same model, it is quite...
Windows 10 allows individual scaling settings for each monitor, so if you are using W10 then yes you can set the two 4K monitors at 150% and leave the 1440p monitor at 100%.
CRTs cause eyestrain because they flicker. Flickering at 60 Hz is visible, which is why CRTs need to run at 75 Hz or 85 Hz, so that the flickering can no longer be seen.LCD panels do not flicker in the same way (though they can have flickering backlights, but typically those are at least 180 Hz or 240 Hz), so 60 Hz LCD does not cause any eyestrain.Mostly likely you can set your current monitor to run at 60 Hz and try it yourself though.
The BenQ XL2411Z doesn't have DisplayPort, last time I checked... unless I'm misremembering.
Yup, it would disappoint me, but like I said wouldn't surprise me.
No one suggested that it wouldn't support 4:4:4 at all, just that it might not support that while running at 4K 144 Hz.
DisplayPort 1.4 maxes at 4K 120 Hz uncompressed (and non-subsampled). You need DSC to be implemented to reach 4K 144 Hz without subsampling, so there is an extra hurdle to jump to make such a monitor, it isn't just like making any other resolution/refresh rate, and DSC hasn't been implemented in any commercial product before so there's a bit of new ground to break for Acer. It wouldn't actually surprise me if the X27 didn't have DSC, and did require 4:2:2 subsampling to...
DisplayPort 1.4 has been supported on graphics cards on both NVIDIA and AMD from 2016+ GPUs. Just waiting on monitor manufacturers to implement it.