Posts by Glenwing

Err, isn't that a G-Sync monitor? (EDIT: nvm I was looking at the wrong one)Anyway, just enable GPU scaling in AMD Radeon Settings then:
Yeah the point is they are using different cameras and different lighting, with a handheld camera or a phone there is really no way to tell how much banding is actually on the monitor, how much is in the source, and how much is added by the camera.
Honestly it's not possible to tell what banding is present on the monitor and what's being added by the camera. I would caution you against using YouTube videos for this kind of test though, because YT does not exactly have picture-perfect quality, it uses compression. Banding may very well be part of the content that's being displayed, as I see some in that video even on my UP2516D 10 bpc monitor. You can have as much color depth in a monitor as you want, but if the...
Yah I know, it wouldn't be possible otherwise Was just saying, if you're going to include compression, may as well just say yeah it supports 4K 240 Hz so of course it's enough for 1440p 240 Hz and be done with it.DSC is "visually lossless" which means "lossy but you shouldn't be able to tell", but we'll see once it actually gets here.
Use GPU scaling.NVIDIA control panel -> Adjust desktop size and position -> select Aspect ratio scaling mode and select Perform Scaling on GPU.
Keep in mind you shouldn't use 4K 144 Hz as a mark for what can be done over DP 1.4, because that is already over the limit with uncompressed video. DP 1.3/1.4 caps out at almost exactly 4K 120 Hz, beyond that you need to use DSC (compression).But yes 1440p 240 Hz is possible over DP 1.3/1.4.
If you're using a computer, scaling is generally performed by the GPU, so it will be the same on any monitor. 1920×1440 native with black bars will work on any monitor, you just need to set up GPU scaling with "maintain aspect ratio" or "no scaling" set in the NVIDIA control panel or AMD Radeon Settings.
32" 1440p is the same PPI as 24" 1080p, not 27".
Text/icon sizes on 24" 1920×1080 is equivalent to 32" 2560×1440.27" 2560×1440 is equivalent to (approximately) 21.5" 1920×1080 though it will be slightly smaller than even that.
The official limits of DVI at 2560×1440 are around 30–40 Hz (Single-Link) or 60–75 Hz (Dual-Link). Anything beyond that requires overclocking.DisplayPort only supports passive adapters to Single-Link DVI. You're not going to get 90 Hz with that. An active adapter that can support full Dual-Link DVI will still be limited to 60 Hz or maybe 75 Hz at the most, but I highly doubt you'll be able to do any overclocking with an active adapter, people have trouble just getting them...