Posts by Glenwing

IPS glow changes depending on the angle of viewing, backlight bleed is the same from any angle, so it sounds more to me like IPS glow than backlight bleed.
We can't tell how much backlight bleed you have. Cameras do NOT take accurate pictures of backlight bleed, I'm surprised so many people on this forum still don't know that, commenting "wow that's a horrible amount of bleed, return it" or whatever, when in reality no one here has any idea whether it's a large amount of bleed or not. Based on my experience with how pictures of backlight bleed turn out, your pictures look like a pretty minimal amount of backlight bleed,...
Camera pictures tend to exaggerate backlight bleed greatly, usually the pictures don't look anything like how it really looks. If that's the case, none of us can evaluate whether it's bad or not, only you can.
60 fps does look smoother on a 60 Hz monitor than a 144 Hz monitor, in my experience. As you mentioned, mostly likely there is stutter due to the non-divisible numbers.
Thunderbolt ports double as a Mini DisplayPort. They can be used as a Mini DisplayPort if you want, and will accept any standard mDP cable.
It's a normal property, all AH-IPS monitors will have it. That includes all LG monitors and most Dell monitors.
Right, which is for all intents and purposes, identical. I do sometimes wonder if people realize what quantity of time these numbers actually represent physically. If we get OLED monitors with response times ranging between 0.01ms and 0.08ms, will there still be legions of people telling everyone that "well, you might not want to get that one for gaming, that 0.08ms response time is a little slow" because it's 8x slower than some other one they saw. Yes, IPS panels are...
Input lag has nothing to do with panel types, IPS monitor input lag is no different than TN input lag given the same display controller and settings. Response times of IPS panels are almost on par with TN these days. Fast IPS panels are faster than most decent TN panels, they're only beaten by the very fastest overdriven TN panels.
There are no 120+ Hz IPS monitors except 27" 2560×1440 monitors.
He's not talking about backlight bleed. He's talking about a few pixels at the edge of the screen fading when you look at it from an angle. It's a peculiarity with LG.Display's AH-IPS panels, which is what most modern IPS monitors use right now. It's not something unique to that monitor or to Dell.