Posts by Glenwing

"UHD Color" enables YCbCr 4:4:4 at 4K 60 Hz.If UHD color is disabled, then at 4K 60 Hz you'll only get YCbCr 4:2:0 (equivalent to HDMI 1.4 data rates).
You need Dual-Link DVI, the XL2411Z does not accept >60 Hz over HDMI or Single-Link DVI.A DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI to DVI passive adapter will only give you Single-Link DVI. You need to use a native Dual-Link DVI port from your computer. If you don't have one, there is really not much you can do.
If it doesn't work with display scaling, then I doubt there is any way to do it.
Interesting. I distinctly remember NVIDIA "introducing DisplayPort 1.2 support" with the 600 series. And according to NVIDIA's documentation the GTX 580 is DisplayPort 1.1a.http://www.nvidia.ru/docs/IO/100940/GeForce_GTX_580_Datasheet.pdf
AFAIK the GTX 580 only supports up to DisplayPort 1.1, so 85 Hz is the maximum limit at 2560×1440.As for the delay in receiving image, usually this has to do with the order in which devices are initialized, or which ports are used, some won't activate until Windows basic display drivers are loaded and so forth... Sometimes it can be affected by BIOS settings, or which PCIe slots are used, whether integrated graphics are enabled, things like that. Sorry I can't give any...
It's the same as the point of a "retina display".
This is a 3-year old thread.
The XR341CK is the FreeSync version, the X34 is G-Sync. FreeSync doesn't cost anything to implement, so it's the same price as if the monitor had no "sync" at all (that's why it's called FreeSync). On the other hand G-Sync adds quite a bit to the price.
No need to apologize. I'm not sure why anyone would make such a big deal over not having a set price range.The ingame view is determined by aspect ratio, not resolution, so wider monitors like the X34 will give you a wider view than any 16:9 monitor (even one that is a higher resolution), which is a great advantage in games.There is no "regular" IPS. IPS is more of a category, and every type of IPS panel has a more specific designation, such as S-IPS, AH-IPS, eIPS, PLS,...
The UP2516D is a parallel product, it is a wide-gamut display for professional usage. U2515H is more for general usage.Both have minimal input lag, even if the UP2516D had less it would just be a paper difference.