Posts by Glenwing

The most important thing to note here is that the "response time" spec (the grey-to-grey stuff) has absolutely nothing to do with the monitor's latency. Response time is something completely unrelated that just happens to be confusingly named. Displays never have their latency listed on a spec sheet, so if you see anything measured in milliseconds don't be fooled.To find a monitor's latency you will have to read detailed reviews, usually sites like tftcentral.co.uk or...
Try disconnecting the monitor from power for 10 seconds or so.
Maybe try using the Custom Resolution Utility for the AMD card?
Thunderbolt ports will output a DisplayPort signal when a DP cable is plugged in. You just need a regular DisplayPort/Mini DisplayPort cable.
Windows scaling scales UI elements. Pictures are not touched at all, you'd want them to be displayed pixel-for-pixel anyway. It's things like that which make it different than just setting your desktop to 1920x1080 in the first place.
You could get a DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI converter ("active adapter" as some people call it, which is a terrible term but...people use it, so yeah), which is more costly since it basically has a processor inside which converts the signal. I'm just saying simple adapter cables won't work.
In general, inputs on monitors can only accept one signal standard. DisplayPort inputs can only take DisplayPort signals, DVI/HDMI inputs can only take DVI/HDMI signals, VGA inputs only take VGA signals. Adapters don't change signals into other signals. A simple adapter is still just a bunch of copper strings leading from here to there, whatever signal goes in is exactly what comes out, it's not like a DisplayPort signal goes in one end and somehow comes out as an HDMI...
This will not work. HDMI does not adapt to DisplayPort. It only goes the other way around.
Messier 101... I literally have that exact same picture as my own background lol
If the source image is 4:3, he needs a monitor that can do any of the following scaling methods:Force 4:3Maintain aspect ratioDirect pixel mappingAny of those will do. The Dell U2415 has a force-4:3 mode. The ASUS PA248Q is also another option, it has options for force-4:3 or direct pixel mapping.