Posts by Glenwing

Very unlikely. HDMI only adapts to single-link DVI, and the HDMI device will most likely downclock to 165MHz for compatibility once it detects the DVI input on the other side. 120Hz is only possible with either the 340MHz pixel clock of HDMI 1.3+, or the second data link you get with dual-link DVI. With an HDMI-to-DVI adapter, you don't have either one. Doesn't the XL2411T have an HDMI input? If you use a straight HDMI connection you can probably get 120Hz working.
Yes, there's no problem with that.
Daisy-chaining is only available in 1.2 mode. Otherwise, there's no difference.
It'd be pretty similar. IMO if input lag really bothers you, a monitor is a better idea than a TV unless you really need the large size.
It's 60Hz. I don't see where it says it's 120Hz on the Samsung page, all I see is Clear Motion Rate: 120, which isn't refresh rate.33ms of latency is...ok. It's not totally horrible, but you might be able to feel it.
No, not any DP 1.2a monitor is a FreeSync monitor. Adaptive-Sync is DEFINED in the DP 1.2a spec, it isn't required for DP 1.2a compliance, just like daisy-chaining is defined in DP 1.2 but isn't a required feature for a monitor to be DP 1.2 compliant.
If it fits, yes.
G-SYNC doesn't have a range, it works over the full range of the monitor as far as I know. Even below 30Hz it starts doubling frames, but still keeps G-SYNC in effect.
My mistake, I read wrong Same answer though, in fact the PB278Q was actually released before DisplayPort 1.2a was standardized or FreeSync existed at all.EDIT: Oh you're talking about the new revision with the AHVA panel. My bad, reading fail again lol. Same answer again though. No, it does not have Adaptive-Sync support.Yup... Got to be careful not to confuse the PG278Q, the PB278Q, the PB287Q, ugh...I think Dells are the only ones I've encountered whose names actually...
No. The PG278Q uses DisplayPort 1.2 connected directly to a G-SYNC module. It does not have Adaptive-Sync support.