Posts by Tarnix

For what it's worth: the G3258 is fast enough to run GTA V at 30FPS Vsync. What me and a couple friends think is that the algorithm they use to stream in the new world data is too heavy for the remaining CPU I/O so it trips the "derender stuff to keep FPS going" algorithm, which also is too heavy compared to just keeping stuff there. So at 40+ FPS, you are spitting frames faster than the CPU can deal with and the engine falls over, unable to process the adaptive world...
Wow, nice findings! On my side of things: I am trying to get my GTX 660 SLI setup to work with this machine. I'm having troubles with my overclocked profile, but stock UEFI seems to stop the spontaneous driver suicide.However GTA V Launcher wouldn't properly load the game a few times, then the game complained about "not enough ram" (2048MB on these cards) and eventually crashed the driver, which makes no sense since a GTX 570 can run the game just fine.So I am...
As previous posts mentionned, I had the same problem. What fixed it for me was to download EVGA Precision X and set a framerate target of 35.EDIT: does EVGA Precision X even work with AMD gpus? O.O
yeah, after more testing: I get frame stutter as soon as I hit 45fps or so. if I use Precision X to limit framerate to 35-32 it's smooth as silk.
Since I can't upvote a MOD post, consider this one. Just tried this and moved from Intel RAID mode to AHCI on an AsRock Z97X Killer board (Pentium G3258 I/O overhead shenanigans testing). Works like a charm after applying the win7 instructions to win8.1 and resetting all the flags right (including StartOverride).
Welp, I've played GTAV since it's out and it's barely "playable". I'm not sure of the exact cause, but my current setup is the following: G3258 @ 4400 MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz EVGA GTX 970 SC @ Stock OS + GTAV drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB w/ 10% OP 2x1TB RAID 0 w/ IRST (No DSA, thanks Pentium) Scratch drive: Samsung 840 120GB + 10% OP Here's the problems: 1: The entire game locks up for a fraction of a second (aside audio) whenever something is being loaded. This can be...
Woah, i've been away from this thread for a while. So far, i've settled for 4.4 Ghz stable, under around or under 63C overnight @ 1.27v (Probably overkill, but I'd rather have more heat than instability; I develop software). I haven't fully figured my chip yet, and I probably won't until I have an i7 on the way. I'm not really keen on damaging it.
I love my GTX 970 but...
I know the feels. As time passes, screen space estate waste keeps increasing... I feel claustrophobic on my main machine (1080p windows 8.1)
Allright, I got new benches. Since I couldn't manage to get my 560 to POST (Apparently a Z97 problem), I overclocked my 970 a little... http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6224431? I forgot to bench my ram...