Posts by Tarnix

Hm... Not sure what to say; my kit is a 1866Mhz kit, so 1600Mhz is underclocking it for me. I can't poke my pentium much for now as my programming needs required me to put the FX back into the case. However, my RAM kit works consistently at 1600Mhz across 3 different cpus, 3 boards and 2 architectures (I had a phenom II before, one of those 4.1Ghz silver chips)P.S. GTAV really needs 3 or more cores. FX runs it like a champ.P.P.S: Pentium AE stable at 4.4Ghz@1.26v confirmed...
I tried anywhere between 4.6Ghz and 4.8Ghz, didn't get much more than lockups and BSODs. Decided to OC my cache ring... Before: After: I call this a win. EDIT: I now know why the benching failed; I forgot to replug my fans.. Yes, I can 3DMark at 4.4Ghz passively cooled.
I already did. I tried three different bridges, flipped them, hard, soft, tried new driver, tried different slot, tried forcing the PCIE lanes to Gen 2.0, tried auto, tried Gen 3.0, I tried. Everything. I already gave up on it.
it was working perfectly on my FX8350
Yeah. one 660 works, not two.
I am back, this time with Intel. edit: Bleh OCN forum doesn't like image links. http://valid.x86.fr/cz08q8
Sweet! Speaking of crucial ram; I just got done priming this for the preliminary stabilizing:http://valid.x86.fr/cz08q8* Memtest86 5 passes: OK* Memtest86 RowHammer 5 passes: OK* LinX: OK* Prime95: 2h 512K-2048K OK, more to follow.EDIT: Yeah, it took me a while to get some real OC going on. I've had a lot of catching up in my programming project and I needed a rock-solid build so I left most of it like it was. I got some time to spend on my machine and I wanted to know how...
For what it's worth: the G3258 is fast enough to run GTA V at 30FPS Vsync. What me and a couple friends think is that the algorithm they use to stream in the new world data is too heavy for the remaining CPU I/O so it trips the "derender stuff to keep FPS going" algorithm, which also is too heavy compared to just keeping stuff there. So at 40+ FPS, you are spitting frames faster than the CPU can deal with and the engine falls over, unable to process the adaptive world...
Wow, nice findings! On my side of things: I am trying to get my GTX 660 SLI setup to work with this machine. I'm having troubles with my overclocked profile, but stock UEFI seems to stop the spontaneous driver suicide.However GTA V Launcher wouldn't properly load the game a few times, then the game complained about "not enough ram" (2048MB on these cards) and eventually crashed the driver, which makes no sense since a GTX 570 can run the game just fine.So I am...
As previous posts mentionned, I had the same problem. What fixed it for me was to download EVGA Precision X and set a framerate target of 35.EDIT: does EVGA Precision X even work with AMD gpus? O.O