Posts by Tarnix

*gouges eyes out*So I was going to show off my laptop setup but I am now blind and I can't find the damn machine...Just kidding Need to go plug the 1080p screen on it, because if I post 1024x768 you guys are going to hate me ...Still very WiP, plus the onboard LCD has horrible colors, it looks better on it. Oh and... I know it's overkill for a laptop this old (Dell Lattitude D520), but... this is Overclock.net, right? Code:/dev/sda: Model=Samsung SSD 840 Series,...
oh my god, yes!
yeah, been having few issues on the other side of the screen, life wasn't so stable. Kind-of back stalking my favorite forum threads, and my rig hasen't died (yet). \0/ Yeah, how not to love it. that build's fairly simple (as in not overly complicated) yet so.. so.. mind-shatteringly beautiful.
You guys are pulling words out of my speechless brain. There's so much awesome in this build, I just.. I just broke.asdjhkasdasjvdaskdabsdjkaf *breaks even more*
Good question! Probably, yes, but I couldn't tell you which I just powered through the list, because I didn't want to spend a whole day modding...
Ditto TK ENB combined with a good 3/4 of the RealVision ENB recommended mods (the ones listed on their page. Not using the RealVision ENB itself for now) and a handful of cherry-picked mods I like to carry from an install to another...
Still here, back from fixing computer issues... Had to buy a new PSU :/MOTHER OF GOD... So Jelly. So beautiful...
Nice. How about my question though? (probably got swallowed by the ram quote stuff)
Note: i wouldn't use Coretemp for anything meaningful regarding temps. It's a very Intel-centric tool. AMD doesn't have real temp sensors.First: 2400Mhz stable? Good luck, even though it's only 2 sticks. I would stick to 1600 or 1866 (or 2000/2133) with super tight timings.Second: DRAM @ 1866 and 11-14-14-31-44Last time I checked, AMD is quite happy with 32-47 or around that.On the other hand, if your stick does 2400 at those timings, they are way too too "loose"...
Hello there, 'been a while I put my nose in here... I had a very FX8350-specific question and I couldn't find an answer.. I'm playing with windows power management and I found a way to force Boost to work by playing with C6 state thresholds and things like that. (regedit haxoring). My question is: Theoretically, what uses less power? Half the cores sleeping and the CPU running at a higher "load" on the first 4 cores or; all cores running at a (forced) lower speed, but...