Posts by NihilOC

True, maybe I worded it badly, I don't doubt people would be interested in buying AMD but I don't think anyone would want to do so with the intent of competing against Intel.
Yeah their patent portfolio is immense, but I can't see anyone wanting to go up against Intel (especially in the desktop/server market), which realistically is what we'd want from an acquisition of AMD in order to avoid a monopoly.
Actually either the EU or the US probably could break up Intel, as it's assets are spread across both areas and it operates within both of them equally (as well as outside of the US/EU zone).Not that I think it would happen, but if we ever did end up with an uncompetitive Monopoly it would certainly be on the cards. Personally I suspect AMD will just be bought out eventually: and I'm not sure a purchase by Samsung (or another foreign investor) would be blocked. Korea is...
To be fair AMD always have some kind of game changer just around the corner, the one thing they truly excel at is generating hype.
I don't mind them working on meaningful dlc running up to the release: day one dlc is what always annoys me. That and cosmetic dlc in full priced retail games, or small splatters of half-hearted dlc slowly drip-fed out in the weeks/months following release.
The amount of RAM you have is largely irrelevant these days, I don't think that's even a passing concern for anyone worried about the consoles' longevity.
Are they selling more on the consoles? Because last I checked, no one really has any solid figures for digital sales.Not that I disagree, console and PC gaming markets aren't exactly in direct competition. Consoles will continue to sell no matter how far behind they fall, but PC game sales do have some impact on console sales. We just don't have the data to show how much.
I don't think you can blame people for being skeptical.I doubt this game will be as buggy as BF4 on release, but then this is EA so who knows? They are not well known for learning from past mistakes.
Sure they messed up on the Wii U, but didn't the Wii make an insane amount of money?
I think, somehow, I'd be able to live with myself as a millionaire playboy