Posts by dpawl31

That processor is a good deal, but the video card... "-Being sold AS IS, FOR PARTS and NOT WORKING-" If I could get that card for $40, sure. haha.
Might be old, but I wish I still had this board! I am getting a dirt cheap E2160 on Saturday as part of a group buy (E2160, 8800GT, 2x1GB DDR2 Super Talent, $30) And I'd love to drop the D820 back in that board, get her screaming to 4.2Ghz again and use it for a server at home or standalone DVR.
Thanks. Yes, I know the overall design of the C2D as far as multitasking, multimedia, encoding etc. is quite a bit better at any speed anyway. So I am looking forward to that. There isn't much I can do with an LGA775 anyway. Probably buy a very good overclocking quad core at some point. I'll have to see what people are getting for OC's on the E2160, this board OC's very well as you can tell getting a 50% OC on a 2.8Ghz chip that is 90nm and hot as hell is quite a task for...
Yes, I've been out of the game for a while. I have a Pentium D820 stock 2.8Ghz overclocked to 4.2Ghz. For $30 from craigslist I am buying: 2x1GB SuperTalent DDR2 ram (not needed) A 8800GT GPU (seems to be a good bump up on my 7600GT that just died, esp memory bandwidth) And... dun dun dun... an E2160 CPU. 1.8Ghz C2D. Yes, everything nowadays is i5 i7 DDR3 yada yada yada. I don't need it. How well do you think a STOCK E2160 will compare to my D820 @ 4.2Ghz OC? I won't...
FYI, my board is PCI-E 2.0 x16. Not looking like a lot of options on Newegg to begin with, everything is 3.0.
Hey everyone, probably nobody around that remembers me anymore haha I've been out of the PC world for a few years running my own sub shop. Anyway - I need to replace my ancient 7600GT. I am looking to spend ~$80 or less, but if it's a HUGE jump is power I can go a tad over. My specs ares still the same below, Yes, I am still running a D820 chip. (for those newbies in the game, that's a classic Pentium 4 Prescott chip, but two of them on one die. The original dual...
Whazzup Christian!
I had a friend talking about a recent overclock of his, and it reminded me of my days here at OCN. Wish I had the time to to this stuff still! Can't believe a thread I started Jan of 2007 blossomed into 961 pages, nearly 10k posts! CRAZY! Glad to see some folks still active with this board, I loved it and it was a hard worker and probably the biggest bang for the buck of it's time! I know I surprised the hell out of people with it's performance for the price!
Yeah like I said, been out of the game so long the video cards are so much more confusing now. Back in the day of my 7600GT, it was much simpler to compare. My guess is you say the 460 would be faster because of 256bit memory? All the gigabyte #'s are higher, except for stream processors and memory bitrate. I really need to stay closer to $125, should have mentioned ahead of any rebates. Can't afford to wait 2 months for $25 more back. Living paycheck to paycheck, and...
My system specs are in my sig - BUT. The D820 @ 4.2Ghz will be dropped soon, and replaced with an E8400 probably OC'd to 4, maybe 4.2. (The chip itself has been there and I have no doubts I will get it back, getting the E8400 for $50) Anyway, my main goal is to play BF3 on high settings. Budget is ~$125 or so. MAYBE a slight bit higher, and lower is always a plus. Will be played on a 22" more than likely, right now have a 19" that just died the other night, hence the...