Posts by Devildog83

A bit better pic. This is a quiet thread.
I have a 1600 with a giga ax370 gaming k5. Just starting to do some overclocking and I was wondering about something. I started out just setting the vcore to 1.40v and multiplier to 38. It's stable at 3.8 Ghz but the vcore only goes to 1.272 max and the temps are 46.8c max under 100% load on all cores. Does this mean the vcore will only run as high as it needs and I have a lot of head room to clock higher with it set to 1.4? Also because I have an open air case, (TT core...
Pretty quiet. It's a D5 vario
Hey folks, here is my Core P3 in progress. I will be changing the Pump/Res combo and the GPU. The waterblock is a TT Pacific and will light up. Planning to to something new with a Graphics Card but with the prices I am waiting a bit. I will also be doing all new fittings most likely with no tubing bends. Ryzen 5 1600 Giga...AX370 Gaming 5k 16 gigs of ADATA XPC Ram Seasonic SS650 Platinum PSU W/paracord sleeved cables done by me) 3 Corsair HD120 RGB LED fans...
Hello just signed up. Been away for for a while from OCN, My Ryzen 1600 system. Build under progress. Sorry for crappy pic. better in the future.
Yep, yours at 500w load is over 93% efficient according to Anandtech.
Wow those clocks !!! I would however expect a GPU score to be better. My R9 390 is only 300 points under at half the clock speed. Still can't get over how high those GPU's clock.
So true. Yours has about the worst case you can get from a system with a 390 and any CPU. Maybe an FX CPU would use a bit more but at almost 1.5v not much more. A bit a research goes a long way to helping folks pick a brand and wattage. I believe the right PSU is about the most important you can buy for a system costing as much as we put into ours.Check out this video, it's a prime example of a newb not understanding how important it is to have good quality....
Most good PSU's like your Corsair have the best efficiency between 25 and 80% load. While 1000w is a bit much and Vega and Zen will use less power together than what you have I don't think you will hurt anything with what you have and if you ever decide to add a GPU you have plenty of room.
My 6700k and 390 only pull about 400w from the wall with both overclocked. My Seasonic 660w platinum is plenty.