Posts by Questtt3

Great to hear MocoIMO--thank you! An eATX in a 350D? I thought you could only go up to a M-ATX in a 350D . . . I did not think you could go to an ATX let alone and eATX (length's the same I guess but the greater width seems like it would be a problem). PSU won't be in the way? So if you want to use an eATX (or even an ATX for that matter) and you are still trying to work in a 350D rather than the slightly larger 450D (larger in depth and height by 2") . . . I guess that...
Hey there MocoIMO--thanks very much for your help! Hearing that you don't seem to have heat or sound issues and run it all day on your desk, as I would too, is very helpful, thank you. MocoIMO, and other 350D case owners and those familiar with the 350D . . . knowing what you know now of the 350D and its characteristics/performance, if you had it to do over again and were purchasing a case today . . . would you choose the 350D or the recently released 450D? Also, can...
I am building a system that will sit on my desk and that in addition to being my flight simulator and HD video editing system, will also be a heavy duty work station. With that in mind I would really appreciate hearing from Corsair 350D case owners (or those familiar with them) . . . is case noise significant and is heat a greater issue with this case? I ask because I have read some test reviews that appear to show the case runs fairly hot . . . with that in mind, I am...
Anyone?
Hey all, I was wondering what you think might be a better option for a long-term, "future-friendly"/upgradeable build, but also the most practical: A) To build a Micro ATX system with a Maximus VI Gene and 4770K in a Corsair Obsidian 350D with 2 GTX 780s GPUs in SLI; or B) To build an ATX system with a Maximus VI Extreme and 4770K with 2 GTX 780s in an Obsidian 450D. This build will be a 3 monitor HD video editing and flight simulator machine, and a crucial heavy-duty...
I am putting together a new build and was all set to go Z77 Ivy Bridge i7 3770K when I decided to check out the X79 Sandy Bridge Extreme possibilities. After much thought and much appreciated help here, I have in fact decided that for my purposes (HD video editing, flight simulator use, multiple monitors and work), the X79 SBE i7 3930K is probably the better way to go. With that said, I would really appreciate advice on what would be the best MoBo to go with. I was quite...
Thank you for your feedback! Sounds like, apart from the extra money the Sandy Bridge-E is the better direction for it will do everything Ivy Bridge will do and more . . . especially in the practical applications I need (HD video editing, flight simulator (w/ large rendering requirements), and work) . . . yes? I initialy thought I might go with the i7 3820 to save a bit of money now and maybe later put it towards an upgrade to Ivy Bridge Extreme at some future date....
I am building a much needed new computer for work . . . I will be using 2 monitors, HD video editing (Adobe Production Premium/Premiere Pro), flight simulator (I'm a pilot) and for work have 75+ web and Word/Excel/PDF windows open for many days on end writing and researching. I was all set to go with the Z77 Ivy Bridge--i7 3770K 3.5/3.9GHz Turbo QuadCore 8MB L3 Cache and Asus Maximus V-Extreme Mobo . . . and as an aside I appreciated the Maximus V Extreme's onboard WIFI...
I have been trying to decide between two fan controllers for my new build in a 650D case (Bitfenix Recon and Lamptron Touch). Now however, I am begining to wonder if maybe I have been trying to apply a solution where there might not really be a problem. I am not doing any major overclocking, I will be using a CPU cooler and "silent" fans. My primary reason for the fan controller was to be able to reduce case noise on occasion as the case will sit on my desk and I spend A...
Trying to get a better grasp then of Windows 8 . . . and as iARDAs and others have said--that it is built off of W7 . . . is the primary difference between W7 and W8 the opening Metro page? In other words, once you click on the desktop icon on the Metro page and then have the desktop page open, do you have the same user experience that you have with Widnows 7 (minus the lower left Start button), or is this experience different too? With no experience with W8, in theory an...