Posts by VonDutch

Thanks for the tips RnRollie, will keep that in mind,are you using a Accelero Twin Turbo 690 yourself?I still need to get a torx screwdrivers for it, but looks like I have time ..Still no word from Arctic tho, ordered on last Friday,it still says "Processing", will get a email with track and trace if they sent it,I hate waiting ..lolBattlefield3 uses about 1.6gb Vram, bf4 uses about 1.9Gb Vram,what will happen if it hits 2Gb? anyone know or experienced it?
Wish I could, but going full water is expensive also, for me that is Yea, was planning on using liquid pro on the gpu's, had great temp drops (25+C) on my proc with it,not sure if I can use it elsewhere tho, like sli chip etc..I'm using the 337.50 drivers since a few days, bf3 and 4 did really get a nice fps bump, about 20 fps on average,didn't see any problems yet running it, maybe one thing, I have a 144hz monitor, if I run it at 144hz, I get red dots and/or lines on my...
Thanks for your answer , i will be very careful when I take it apart,I think the heat will do more damage over time then the OC im planning,when I have the new cooler..
So, after some talking to the people where the gtx 690 was bought, there's no way I can change cooling pasta, I am not allowed to do it myself, even the store its bought cant do it, has to be a official dealer or something, long story short, only Asus can do it where I live ...pfft.. So...im voiding warranty, its a new card back from RMA with over 1 year warranty left, yesterday I ordered this one, a ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo 690 Cooler.. I hope to get the temps under...
It so happens I had to remove my 3770K last month to change from scythe mugen 2 rev. b to a cooler master seidon 240m,CLP was under there for about 1 year now, it was very easy to remove, it almost fell of when I removed the cooler I saw no real temp drops over time, maybe it did a little , but not really noticeable, few degrees tops maybe,my mugen I gave to my son, he has a FX8350, also with CLP under the hood(about 1 year also) that one was a pain in the butt to remove,...
Hello all, I have a GTX 690 what a amazing card, I play battlefield 3 and 4 etc, now with the new drivers it runs fast, like 140 fps on average, everything maxed out, but...this wont surprise anyone I guess, it runs hot, about 80-85C! (spiked to almost 90C in bf4) using evga precision, only adjusted power target to 135%, could easily OC it to almost 1200 MHz, im sure I can go higher, but temps where getting to high then, the temps I talk about now is only with the...
thats about the normal temp difference you have, i dont think that if you reapply it will make much difference, i dont think you will get them all the same one thing has to do with the layout of the die,another is that not all cores are always evenly active,some say, one core is the "sleepy core" ...lol..
yes, the higher the % alcohol, the better, i use spiritus, thats about 90-95%..works very well delidding voids warranty..simple ..lol
i think he means it not worth the money, time and effort, besides the extra risk of damaging the die, compared to the gains.. if all goes wel , and you have a 30+C tempdrop, using the IHS as before, what extra will it give you if you shave off another ..lets say 2- to 5C max..(if any) you prolly run into max vcore, before you run into TJmax..
over time all tim's will harden a bit, but what i saw and hear about CLU, it isnt that hard to remove like CLP..i have my CLP under there for about 6 months now, did all sides with it, so one of these days im gonna take it apart again,and see how hard it is to remove, then im gonna use CLU, and see how that works over time..i would only use clp/clu on the die,and use any good tim on the IHS, theres not much difference in temps when you use another tim on the IHS,and you...