Posts by Noob1080

So i'm planning a build in the somewhat- near future and noticed that the Z97 boards came out not long ago. Why were they released? What are the benefits over a Z87 motherboard? The prices on z87 boards went down a bit, should i consider those instead? FYI not planning to overclock
According to leaks, Windows 9 is coming late 2014 or early 2015.
I LOLed
I posted this here because i don't know where exactly it should go and this seems to be closest. I have an old Powermac G3 with a 100mhz cpu that seems to work fine by itself (though it's very slow and the one hard drive may have a virus- it had two but one had very old viruses and worms on it. I bought it used). Doesn't seem like I can get internet access with it. So what CAN i do with it? I Heard the cases are pretty good themselves
What about heater cores? does anyone have any idea about how much resistance those can create?
Interesting, but what about Koolertec Yates? i'd like to see those tested especially since I just bought 6 of them. sorry double post
Interesting, but what about Koolertec Yates? i'd like to see those tested especially since I just bought 6 of them.
Oh well. Thanks for keeping me from making a really stupid (and dangerous) mistake. Still angry that if I use it as advertised I would set part of my computer on fire.....
The fan controller is powered by a single molex but what worries me is that the fans(or their molex adapters) attach to the controller with a 3-pin plug. Am I right in thinking that this is a stupid design for a fan controller supposed to support 30w/channel? That means that even one of these fans would fry my controller,right?
I plan to run the fans on 50% or less most of the time to lessen the intense ringing in my ears and I usually listen to music while on my computer so i SHOULD be fine. And I DO know what i'm getting myself into in terms of noise.