Posts by PandaSPUR

Yea I thought of that too, but ultimately I decided to replace it because:That thing was getting old in general.It wasnt fully modular, which makes any future cable resleeving projects annoying. And it left extra dangling cables in my case.I've seen PSU fans in the past that had odd wiring and required some thought + soldering to replace, rather than just plugging in a standard fan connector. I didn't really want to mess with this.Combine the age with the fact that I...
Quick tip for silencing your rig. Search ebay for "sound deadener" There'll be plenty of results for automotive sound deandening sheets. Its shiny on one side and black w/ adhesive on the other side. These things are meant to stop car panels from making a ton of vibration noise. A 1'x1' sample sheet costs like 5 bucks. These sheets are also really thin, which was a requirement for me. I grabbed one from GTMat on Ebay and I attached it to the sides of my dual bay...
You shouldn't need to disassemble it entirely, that would just expose some electronics which probably have nothing to do with your crazy vibrations (I would be scared if my pump vibrated enough for me to feel it on my desk...) What you want to pull out is the impeller. Thats the bit that spins and moves the water, its held in by magnetism (which is also what spins it). Here's what the D5 impeller looks...
So I've been on a long break from OCN and computer hardware in general because I've been busy. Still pretty busy actually, but I don't want to get too out of touch with whats going on. I asked this question in my build log but I figured this forum would be a good place to ask as well. My 7970 has been sitting in my watercooled rig, running on air. I kept putting it off and now it is a full year later, the R290 has been around for a bit, and my 7970 is still sitting in...
Quick bump, I have indeed been quite distracted by my dog lol. I'll post pictures of him if people want to see. Anyway, I recently grabbed a EVGA 1300 G2. My OCZ PSU's fan died like... months ago. It didnt bother me much since I haven't had time to play intense games and thats about the only times it got warm enough to trigger the failsafe shutoff. Would have replaced it much sooner but EVGA was out of stock for a while and I had $70 EVGA bucks to spend (so I didnt...
Well DAMN that was quick and easy lol! Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. Also just won a pair of Sony XB500s, the bass heavy ear marshmallows, lol. Gonna have some fun trying this out.
Okay hi everyone, I'm insanely confused at this point. Currently, I use my ASUS Maximus V Gene's onboard sound with either speakers, Aiaiai TMA-1s, or AKG K240Studios. I want some sort of gaming headset setup. The Siberia Elites had my interest... But people keep saying gaming headset audio quality is terrible compared to what you can get with good headphones + clip on mic. So next I start looking into the Mixamp Pro. But turns out its mainly advantageous for console...
I got their revised, version 2, D5 acetal res. It seems to have fixed the problem. No bulge. looks good. Same old issues with fitting into my drive bays exist though... I had to shave the edges down to get it to sit flush with my bays. They also changed the window design a bit, looks nicer now.
But the way people describe it, the V2s had worse sound quality than anything in the same price bracket. So I'd hope these MSRP $200 (and they probably WILL go for $200 for at least a while) would match at least my TMA-1s in sound quality.
I'm really hoping everyone here is wrong about the sound quality >.