Posts by cowsgomoo

Anyone has a problem with the scroll wheel making a sound in free-spin mode? My G700's free-spin is completely silent in contrast.
Anandtech's website lists the power of the whole PC, not of the GPU only. You'll see this on the website:"Total System Power Consumption in Watts (Lower is Better) "But does anyone know what system they're using? They don't state it anywhere.
Wow. Does the side panel still fit with that Phanteks cooler? What about 3.5" hard disks on the other side?
It's a simple weighing of drawbacks vs advantages. Drawbacks stopped being drawbacks when they don't affect that person, advantages stopped being advantages when they don't affect that person. E.g. for a person who will only use one GPU and two hard disks, the advantages of 8 SATA ports and 6 expansion slots disappears. For a person who don't care for the aesthetics or the portability of a small case, the advantages of a small case disappears. Same argument applies for...
Should you ever want to use monitors, there are a few AOC monitors that can fit into long backpacks easily due to their shape and weight. These monitors have removable base that allows the monitor without stand to be almost totally flat with no protrusion. AOC 2051f - 1600x900 20" - I have taken this on a plane in a backpack before with only a bit of padding. AOC 2251f - 1920x1080 22" - bigger version but I don't recommend it because there's a white glow, the display...
Anyone has experience running an i5-3570K without the IHS? I'm using a H80i and I'm not able to let the CPU make proper contact with the pins without the IHS; either it doesn't boot or one of the ram is not detected. The problem goes away with the IHS attached. Is there any trick to it?
I still think that a laptop with an external hard disk is better despite your dislike for them. Also, what about the monitor for your box? That's going to add on to the weight. Maybe there's a laptop with msata for the OS and 1x 2.5" HDD, 1x2.5"HDD in the ODD bay replaced with a HDD caddy so you have 2TB of space in a laptop.
The SG09 looks more badass...
Hi guys, I succeeded with the delidding, except that one of the RAM slot on my P877-i deluxe has some problem. With a stick of RAM in the inner slot, the board's DRAM error led lights up and it doesn't post. It's not the RAM because I tested the same stick of RAM on both slots, and with two different sticks. Taking the board back to RMA, the guy who tested the board tested that RAM slot to be fine with some other CPU and RAM. Has anyone here had the same problem? Narrowing...
The texture of the coollaboratory pro has caught me off guard. I applied a drop of it on top of my IHS, it rolled of just like a ball and got onto my motherboard. My system isn't posting now, and I'm not sure whether it's the chip or a motherboard screwed by the liquid metal.