Posts by Xplaced

Hey! Yeah, I'm crazy and actually have tried the BlackWidow Expert (2012) and the Ultimate 2013 model. Interestingly, the 2013 model was harder to push the keys down than my 2012 model. I own the 2012 model and bought the 2013 model, but returned the 2013 because the price was just too much. I have to say though, the backlighting on the 2013 model was AWESOME. It has the brightest green light I have ever seen, ha!Honestly, in my opinion (for what it is worth), I have had...
Thanks for the reply man. I think I'm going to have to pass on the Nighthawk just because it is so darn expensive. There are a lot of good options out there for $100 or less, so I'm trying to stick to that route. On a side note, I did try QuickFire Rapid with reds and didn't like it. I'm more of a blue/brown type of guy, so that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks for the reply!
Has anyone had both a BlackWidow Expert and the Rapid with blues? If so, can you compare the feel between the two? I'm considering buying the Rapid with blues. I like browns and don't like reds, but I like blue the most after all my experimentation, so I'm wondering if it would be worth buying the blues if I already have a BlackWidow with blues. Also, the Rapid with blues is selling for only around $75 right now on...
Blacks feel pretty nice. They are really different than blues, in that there is no clickiness, just resistance/pressure when you push them down. However they are pretty good. I had a Meka G1 that I returned that had them because the loudness wasn't that different than the BlackWidow. Well, to be more honest about that statement... the loudness wasn't that different to my wife. I can tell that the blues are loudest, and that blacks and browns are not that loud in...
I know, that ticks me off that Best Buy only has BlackWidows. Even more so that Razer only sells the non-stealth versions there. If they would open it up a little and sell the stealths there too, people could compare a little more. Unfortunately I've just had to buy something online from Newegg or somewhere and return it if I don't like it. Sucks, because you still pay shipping that way. Let me know what you think after you feel both. I was surprised at how browns felt...
Personally, I don't think the blues are bad for gaming at all. I can quick tap a blue key just as well as a black or brown. It just clicks a lot when you do it. I'm finding it hard to transition from blues to the browns because the browns are so easy to push. Like someone else said, "dirty reds" might be how to describe them. If only I'd tried reds, I would know! But I have tried everything but red.Blacks are stiff with no actuation point. But, if you're using browns,...
The only thing I've seen so far is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823333078 I have no idea on the quality, or anything of this board. But it looks "scaled back" I guess.
I have a QuickFire Rapid with browns. The browns, after using blues, don't feel that tactile at all. The keys are really easy to press, too. So if you want something really tactile, go with blues if you can deal wit the noise (or I should say, others around you can deal with the noise!). If you are not used to anything in particular, then whatever you start off with has a high chance of being what you'll like most because you'll get used to it. Also, if you type I lot, I...
This might sound weird, but I'm slightly "iffy" on the quality of the Rapid. The keys don't seem high quality (as in the feel of them when typing). The rest does, though. Built like a tank really. Heavy for a little thing (which is good in my eyes). Went from blues to browns though, so the key quality thing might just be me not adjusting properly yet. I might be associating key pressure with quality, which isn't really the case. Another question - is there enough...
I've decided on trying out a red switched keyboard. The choices I'm looking at right now are QuickFire Rapid with reds or the NighHawk X9 from Max Keyboards. The Nighthawk has awesome reviews, and has backlighting. Also it has a USB and mic/headset hub. The QuickFire Rapid has red switches, is tenkeyless, and is highly rated as well. I'm currently using a QuickFire Rapid with browns but don't like the little "bump" I feel when pushing the keys sometimes. I bottom out...