Posts by Killa Cam

time to upgrade the htpc
i see. well, thanks anyway for bringing this to my attention. my sam's had 10 reserved for pull tickets and i was lucky enough to be the fifth. there were about 20 people in line when i got there and i showed up a half hour early. was worried that i might miss out, but out of the 20 people before me, 4 had pulled a ticket and i was fifth. about quarter til opening 20 more people showed up and all the tv tickets were gone. i hear costco is price matching the tv as well so...
got mine! op, did you get one?
honestly, i would go the latter. it seems caselabs have been very busy this year - which is great for their business. i know it kinda sucks having to wait awhile, especially since you said you parted some of your components a bit too early - im assuming your main is down? but in the end it'll be worth it. id email them to get a clear time table if you want clarification.
my x99 deluxe still looks better
did u use a template? might have to try this. great work as always
yep
so i saw the tv but wasn't able to change the settings unfortunately. they only had the 70' versions in stock and i asked the store associate if they were going to be receiving any of the 60' anytime soon but they weren't sure. it's a nice tv, and the colors definitely pop, but it was obviously in "store demo-mode" as the brightness was cranked up high so i couldn't see how well the picture displayed black level contrast. gonna call the other sam's club to see if they have...
im going to sam's club to see this tv in person. 4k upscaling is nice, but contrast ratio is the biggest concern for me. i want to see if the blacks are as good or better than my panny st30. usually tv's displayed in store are almost always in demo mode, so hopefully i can play around with the settings to get out of that and see what this tv can really do.
hmm... im intrigued