Posts by n1ksthlm

20 hours stable 4.5 with 1.2vcore. Had to call it because i needed the computer for other things. I'll probably run on manual for a little while before trying offset again. And there are still quite a few settings in BIOS that i do not know exactly what they do and when they should be enabled or disabled. Speedstep tech is obviously when you've transitioned into offset because it doesn't do anything if you're using a fixed voltage from what i understand. C-states i'm not...
Absolutely nothing. Obviously there's the power button at the top, but basically what they've done is that they've taken the frame from some other monitor and used it on their nice IPS-panel to kind of push the price down. No extra functions, no speakers, nothing. But it kind of "looks" like the functions are there.
Hmm, i don't get it. I decided to try 4.5 Ghz now, and set vcore to 1.195 (reads 1.2 in CPU-Z) and it's been stable for 8 hours at a custom blend test with 90% available ram. Max temps are in the range of 67-70c. Isn't 1.2 very low voltage for 4.5 ghz? I'm going to leave this on for 24 hours this time. Still strikes me as odd if it turns out to be stable when most people seem to report using a lot higher voltages for that overclock.
Wow, computer died during simple gaming. Strange how it looks very stable after like a 14 hour stress test and a week of gaming and then fails like that.
Quick update. The refund from Red-Cap showed up on my account today. In the end i can't say anything bad about him since the damage was sustained during shipping and he then offered to send a new monitor but instead paid me back the full amount because i asked for it. And the monitor from TA is looking fantastic after 2 days, so i guess things turned out alright. I will admit though i'm worried every time i turn the monitor on that it's going to break in half, haha.
Not exactly.. I've gotten an email that claims he has refunded me and another email where i should confirm the cancellation of the purchase but i haven't seen the money on my bank account yet and after the 23rd Red-Cap can supposedly cancel the purchase without my consent. So i am a little bit worried about that not knowing exactly what it means.
To steer away from this heated discussion i can report that i have recieved my second Achieva Shimian monitor. After the fiasco incident with Red-Cap i ordered one from Ta_Planet. My hands were literally shaking when i unboxed it because i was so worried i had to deal with a non-working monitor again. Plugged it in and it works perfect. I know now what the hype is all about. Wow. That said, the most important thing is whether it will continue to work like this for an...
Thanks, right when i finished that post it disappeared too. Do you suggest i just let it be and run my computer as normal? Because obviously i'm a complete novice and no one else seems to know for sure either. It's like i don't have many options aside from ignoring it and hope it's nothing. edit: I haven't updated my bios to the latest version yet (1708), could stuff like that cause faint beep noises in synergy with something else maybe? Just wild guessing here. I'm...
I have something entirely different to ask about which might not be suited for this thread (i'm not sure). But shortly after i put together this computer i would hear a very low-volume kind of beeping from inside the computer when i was in BIOS. I don't believe it was a beep code of sorts because it was too faint, irregular and practically impossible to make out any patterns. I then reset CMOS and it disappeared for about 2 days or so. Earlier today when i was adjusting...
Oh, glad to hear! Not sure if i should try to lower it again or step away and be satisfied. It'd be nice to not encounter a single crash for my first overclock. So then my offset would be; Vcore (1.1850) - VID (1.2009) = 0.0159 Is that correct?