Posts by klr650bob

Everything went ok up to the point it was time for the OROM to load.... nothing but a flashing cursor...post went fine got a bios screen the first time then said "missing operating system" had no choice but to reboot from there and set controller to RAID in Bios..... after that nothing .... post but no bios screen and no OROM screen either.... hmmmm .... The recovery was successful... old OROM came back with v 3.90 bios....Could have been much worse... If anyone out there...
Up to this point it has been done via the "MSI LIVE UPDATE" but I dont think it will do Mod bios...There is a tool in the MSIHQ forum some have said works, but I see no option for backup... hmmmA little more hunting to do...
Best flash tool to install this Bois with?MSI X58What would you recommend?MSIHQ Tool?Oh and ... backup and restore BIOS possible... just in case....
Is it possible to mod bios of MSI x58 Platinum SLI ?It has AMI bios and Intel orom 8.5.0.1030 and because it has smaller size I'm not sure if it is possible to mod it for latest 11.6 ?AKA the MSI-7522 X58 Platinum SLI version of the 7522 series.Is there any more specific info you need?The point if this is... I am trying to build a RAID 5 array from a RAID 0 without data loss. I was told it can be done, after speaking with Intel TS, I was told that the latest Intel RST...
Sorry... (mouse problems) lol It fell of its wheel...Anyway... I would like to know also how to find this info, as I am also stuck with old OROM*EDIT* : I have the same board as mentioned above in the quotes... MSI X58 Platinum SLI version of the MS-7522 seriesI have heard there are three versions of this board each identifiable by their BIOS version number.... It is my understanding that all the "Platinum SLI" (NOT PRO or PRO-E) have a 3.xx bios.
(removed)
(removed)
(removed)