Posts by OwaN

Figured that was the case, especially since I'm on AMD right now, but still worth investigating. The GPU bends were the biggest PITA ones to deal with, so if I had any chance of avoiding re-doing them it'd be great.
Now that the GTX1080 has been revealed and reviewed, the wheels are turning in my head for a system upgrade. The question is, how much work will be involved in upgrading? I just wanted to ask around here, it may have been answered, but I haven't been able to find it. My system is hard line tubed with EK 290X blocks. Are EK blocks designed so that the ports are in the same place relative to the end of the card, or does it vary from block to block? In other words, can I drop...
Yes, I have used the product myself as directed... And didn't I say that I could understand what Mick said regarding the foaming? I also agreed that its function would be to remove residue, but the other poster said "a lot more than just that" and based on what you quoted Mick as saying, I'm not sure I believe it. And sorry, its not just intuition, but several years of formulating commercial cleaning products in a professional setting.
Aside from the foaming action, I haven't known most nonionics to be "potent biocides", and Blitz only seems to contain enough quat in part 2 to be biostatic rather than anti-bacterial, and even if it was, it wouldn't be enough to leave residual biostitatic activity after being drained and replaced by fresh DI water. I can accept that the foam would help remove debris, but how does that explain why you'd want to run it through the whole loop? Wouldn't shaking the rad with...
I'm willing to buy part 2 neutralizes part 1 and helps with the flush, but "a lot more than just that"? Sorry, I don't believe it unless I hear it from the man himself with a valid reasoning. Water, a quat, and nonionic surfactant is nothing more than a mild detergent solution with a preservative in it. This isn't some kind of magic elixer, its just soap to rinse all the gunk out and isn't going to do "a lot more" than any other detergent solution you would use, especially...
Thank you! That was the biggest issue in the whole build... at least, it required the most thought. I originally attempted a simple 90 degree bend straight out of the block, but it didn't clear the radiator in the lower chamber. The current line is something I had be considering since the beginning, but didn't do, and it ultimately bit me in the ass. I'm very happy with the current line, I just wish I had gone that way from the beginning!
Still haven't managed to figure out the PWM issue, but this project is basically a wrap! The office was closed yesterday due to snow, so I took the opportunity to fill my loop with some Mayhem's Pastel Red and take some photos. No studio grade quality shots, but better than all the cell phone crap I've been inflicting on you guys this whole time. Drained: Filled! I also have a short video of filling the loop. Unfortunately I didn't think to capture the first...
Its on a PWM header and I was able to get control over an individual fan on the same header. I also swapped headers and had the same result. Everything looks ok in bios too... set the same as the other splitter thats controlling my set of corsair fans, which respond to PWM as expected.
Having issues with my NF-P14's in my rig and figured I'd ask here before creating my own thread. I can't get any PWM control over my 4 fans using the Swiftech 8-way splitter. RPM reports just fine, but no matter what speed % is set I get 1500RPM. I can get control over individual fans if they're hooked up directly to the mobo headers, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to the splitter itself. Is this a known issue with the swiftech splitter? If so is there a better...
I have 2 different types of fans in the rig, but each has their own hub... so I don't have corsair and noctua fans on the same hub. The corsair ones are working just fine, but the noctuas don't work at all. Channel 1 is supposed to be the only one that reports speed, and as far as I can tell its all hooked up properly. I also have a modmytoys hub, but I don't have the oddball female/female cable you need to make it work, so I've got to cobble something together