Posts by Povalicious

Thank you both for your information that has been more then helpful to me. The finish I would try and achieve would be something similair to the apple macs, but im not sure of the termanology of how it is finished. Either that or a brushed effect on the aluminium. I am interrested in doing this prodject but I havent really got a good understanding of grounding techniques and applications. My laptop does infact have both wifi and bluetooth.
Hey Overclockers, Ive got an idea to create an aluminium housing for my laptops internal components, essentially replicating/reproducing the original plastic frame which surrounds it. My intention was to produce the casing with aluminium and a cnc milling machine (I am able to program so this shouldnt be a problem), but I had some questions. My laptop is a: Dell Inspiron 15R SE Would Aluminium in anyway act as a conductor and cause components to short circuit etc? would...
After a bit of insight from others and some websites It doesnt appear to be viable with the laptop I have as its lacking the mSATA. However I was now going to contemplate replacing the HDD with an SSD if I can find a large enough, affordable and reliable one.
After a bit of insight from others and some websites It doesnt appear to be viable with the laptop I have as its lacking the mSATA. However I was now going to contemplate replacing the HDD with an SSD if I can find a large enough, affordable and reliable one.
Hmmm, I've got plenty to think about. Thanks everyone for your help.. If I think of any questions I'll make sure I pop it in here again.
Bloitz, I believe that they removed the mSATA if there was no SSD installed at the dell factory.. I think just with the rest of the specs of my laptop that my current harddrive is the bottleneck at the moment. I could be wrong? Im currently looking for a Caddy on ebay but cant find one which mentions my laptop specifically (the SE, rather than the standard 15R).
I wanted to have both a HDD and an SSD internally in my laptop, but was curious if that meant I had to remove the optical drive to do so. Im unfamilair with how to do all this and just needed some info. (I normally learn something new from Youtube, but there doesnt seem to be a video suitable for my laptop. Inspiron 15R SE, 7520 body).
Was there an alternative to doing so? If not, then yeah I was going to yank out the optical drive and stick it in an external housing.
Hmmm, sounds rather simple. Is there a kit I would need to install the SSD? like a caddy or anything when replacing the optical bay? or Do most SSD's come with one suitable? (P.S. You have been most helpful)
I dont think I would use my optical drive much, but would have a external one instead. Thank you for the post, I'm very new to the use of two hard drives and even the idea of adapting a computer in anyway. So the more information I have the more comfortable I'd feel. Im not entirely sure of the process on how to install both the hard drives, swap the OS. Redirect all new programs. Ive had a little youtube search for a video on how to install the SSD (and have a HDD) but...