Posts by Gandyman

Wow so completely different from my kepler I guess I had no idea that the different chips could seem so similar yet be completely different. So much to learn. Thanks guys for your help!
its 68.9 ... pretty crap for a premium price card imo. Also why would it run at 1502ish for about a minute then drop down? And why wouldn't increasing voltage help stabalize higher clocks? On my old SLI 780s I could put volts to +50, core to +250 memory to +500 and top card would sit at exactly 85c and bottom at exactly 80c 24/7 stable as anything for about 2 years. why can I run at say 1450 fine then as soon as i turn on overvoltage (even if its set to +0) that clock...
Hey guys So been playing around with my 980ti classy for about two weeks now and could possibly use a few pointers 'cus a few things to do with this card baffle me. I can run stable with +120mhz core +0 Memory. Load any benchmark (the ones i use are valley, heaven, firestrike, metro last light) it will run at 1502mhz for roughly 60 seconds, then throttle back to 1487 and sit there forever and ever. Now a few other weird things happen 1. If i put even +1 on Memory this...
No, tbh I never pulled off a GPU cooler before. I might try on some old cards i have laying around first to get comfortable with it. Would a 1200 dollar card really have inefficient TIM? EDIT: Would switching it to the LN2 Bios improve clocks? Watched a few youtube reviews saying they could easily get 1500+ with the second bios switched on ... kinda scared to flip it tho on air will it fry something?
The fan profile wont let my card go over 85c, it just spins faster and faster to keep it at a perfect 85. keep in mind this is australian summer so my delta is probably alot higher than yours atm. Also I cant even make it to 1450 without putting the voltage up, without it it makes it to about scene 2 in heaven then driver crashes. So im not really sure tbh. Just kinda wishing I saved the extra 200 bucks and bought a cheap card, all my friends with superclockds and gigabyte...
Hes had the chip for a long time but in a budget system I suppose would be the way to describe it so he decided to upgrade pretty much all his other components to high end but kept his 4770k. So he has never tried OC'ing before, and its a brand new mobo. I'll be going to his place this weekend to check the voltages and stuff for him. I presume the AIO is working or else the load temps and stock would be alot higher ? Just what I presumed. Cheers for your help guuys
Hey man thanks for the fast reply. I left everything completely on auto and just popped the multipliers up, do you recommend a manual voltage to punch in?
Hey guys So my first 980ti Classified arrived and while it may seem that I'm complaining I'm not really, more just curious as it seems most of you here have a tonne more experience with these cards then myself. My asic quality is 63%, with normal bios and +50 voltage (as high as precision x lets me go) I can manage 1440 mhz clock speed sitting at about 85 degrees with fans spinning at roughly 90% (extremely loud) So my mate has two superclocked (not even ssc) and they...
I suppose being sarcastic and flaming on forums is your way of feeling good about yourself, but I was merely stating my personal experience. Thanks for sharing yours.
Hey guys Helping a friend with his 4770k running a 120m aio cooler, idle and load temps at stock are perfect, and with small oc, but push to 4ghz and the temperature instantly spikes to 100+ and ITU shows throttling up to 15% before it just shuts down. So I reseated the cpu and and re applied new thermal paste and re seated the block, made sure all fans were running etc, and exact same results. Perfectly normal temps (infact cooler then my 4790k) at stock at idle/load but...