Posts by Gandyman

Hey guys I'm at my wits end here and you guys are always full of really good info so after weeks of trying to work it out myself I'm stuck and would appreciate any input you guys can offer. So I have RVE with 5930k and 16g fom plat 3k running no OC everything in bios default other then XMP turned on to get the memory to 3k. So I have razer chroma blackwidow keyboard, death adder chroma, and kraken chroma, what happens is when using voice chat programs, whether it be...
Hey thanks for explaining that all makes sense. Tbh Its just a gaming machine so the difference between 2133 and 3000 mhz doesn't actually make any difference just the rve says supports up to 3200mhz and the dom plat is 3000 mhz so I figured the fact that it wasn't working was an error. Also when I bought my RVE in Australia it was the new 3.1 revision one and with the postage cost about 880 dollars probably due to terrible AUD conversion, so I just rounded up, didn't mean...
Hey man thanks for quick reply .. I have a 5930k not sure what my brain typed in previous post sorry about that >.>That info is indeed interesting, so you believe this is a random issue with the motherboard? that not all of them will run at 3000mhz as advertised? Also would there be any downside to trying it in the A2 B2 C2 D2 DIMMs ? I would have presumed on a 900 dollar motherboard with the most expensive ram you can buy that everything would work as written on box...
Hey guys, Been tryna search the net for a few days to see if anyone else has had this issue kinda came up with nothing however I didn't read all 800 pages of this thread so my apologies if I'm asking something already been addressed. Had my RVE for a while but haven't tinkered with it much since getting it as work has been crazy so not sure if this is a new problem or if its always been present. I have a quad matched pair of 4x4 dom plat ram rated to 3000mhz. The XMP...
Wow so completely different from my kepler I guess I had no idea that the different chips could seem so similar yet be completely different. So much to learn. Thanks guys for your help!
its 68.9 ... pretty crap for a premium price card imo. Also why would it run at 1502ish for about a minute then drop down? And why wouldn't increasing voltage help stabalize higher clocks? On my old SLI 780s I could put volts to +50, core to +250 memory to +500 and top card would sit at exactly 85c and bottom at exactly 80c 24/7 stable as anything for about 2 years. why can I run at say 1450 fine then as soon as i turn on overvoltage (even if its set to +0) that clock...
Hey guys So been playing around with my 980ti classy for about two weeks now and could possibly use a few pointers 'cus a few things to do with this card baffle me. I can run stable with +120mhz core +0 Memory. Load any benchmark (the ones i use are valley, heaven, firestrike, metro last light) it will run at 1502mhz for roughly 60 seconds, then throttle back to 1487 and sit there forever and ever. Now a few other weird things happen 1. If i put even +1 on Memory this...
No, tbh I never pulled off a GPU cooler before. I might try on some old cards i have laying around first to get comfortable with it. Would a 1200 dollar card really have inefficient TIM? EDIT: Would switching it to the LN2 Bios improve clocks? Watched a few youtube reviews saying they could easily get 1500+ with the second bios switched on ... kinda scared to flip it tho on air will it fry something?
The fan profile wont let my card go over 85c, it just spins faster and faster to keep it at a perfect 85. keep in mind this is australian summer so my delta is probably alot higher than yours atm. Also I cant even make it to 1450 without putting the voltage up, without it it makes it to about scene 2 in heaven then driver crashes. So im not really sure tbh. Just kinda wishing I saved the extra 200 bucks and bought a cheap card, all my friends with superclockds and gigabyte...
Hes had the chip for a long time but in a budget system I suppose would be the way to describe it so he decided to upgrade pretty much all his other components to high end but kept his 4770k. So he has never tried OC'ing before, and its a brand new mobo. I'll be going to his place this weekend to check the voltages and stuff for him. I presume the AIO is working or else the load temps and stock would be alot higher ? Just what I presumed. Cheers for your help guuys