Posts by Martinm210

Interesting. I don't quite understand, but I'll keep reading it. Perhaps with enough repetition and some strong coffee, something will start clicking. Admittedly, thermodynamics was a subject I struggled with in school too though. Thanks for checking though, I'll shut up and just enjoy my new bit of info to absorb. Thanks! Martin
FYI regarding the flat response with high flow rates discussion. I was browsing swiftechs site and found this old post on Stephans corner:http://www.swiftech.com/stephens-corner.aspxFrom Stephan:This chart also has some interesting detail on the XP and HWlabs GTX regarding flow rate:While he doesn't highlight it in the narrative the chart in the upper left corner does also present some interesting info regarding the GTX performance at lower flow rates. At .5GPM the...
I'm thinking Baby Poop brown because I'll be 40 this year and I can't think of anything warmer than your first born who is in love with sweat potatoes and he just unloaded to beyond huggies capacity and sitting in a puddle of helplessness just waiting for your unconditional attention. It's been a good 8 years now since having to crack the windows after one of those memorable bonding experiences and I need something to refresh my parenting youth memory...lol For GT...
I vote for "insert fanboi opinion here" because we all know justifying our uneducated purchasing decisions either on pretty pictures, wavy blades, or your favorite youtube entertainer soon morphs from opinion to common knowledge followed by fact. It's the historical way watercoolers work don't you know. Testing is nothing more than unwelcome reality and we would all prefer substituting it with something that makes us feel better about being stupid..lol I vote for brown...
I have run rpm sweeps with my digital recorder converted to dbA and measured upwards of 5 measurable harmonic spikes in at least a few GTs I've had, so the harmonics issues is more than opinion. I think I was even able to measure it free air. It certainly could be limited to certain samples though. I have also measured rpm harmonic spike on one D5 pump that did not exist in another.As usual sample variance is very much real. GTs are pretty hard to findbany ore though...
Yeah, it's easy to miss particularly when the DDC PWM pumps behave differently. The DDC models default to 100% power. I don't think the manufacturers do a very good job documenting that for the end user. I tried to in my old review, but it doesn't look like there are any notes on vendor pages that I can quickly find about it. The pump I had very much defaulted to 60%PWM setting power levels when unplugged though.
You probably didn't have PWM turned on right. The PWM D5s default to 60% power if PWM isn't connected or on. 3,000rpm vs 5,000
.org is dead and replaced with .wordpress.com free domain. It's all the same except my menu broke so you have to use the search box to find specific things sometimes.It'll probably be a while before the search engines reindex to the new location.
I have always been a bit of a bargain hunter myself so I have generally favored the benefit/cost best bang for the buck "audience" in my testing. With that I did know that for value rads it would be unlikely someone would spend $120 on fans to put onto a $40 radiator, so push/pull high end fans didn't fit the average user audience goal I had in mind. Even 3 high end fans at $60 didn't seem to fit for me or I would have run GTs as I know they were the best fans I have...
They also usually use non porous neoprene tubing and things that seal and prevent evaporation.Using more regular PVC tubing nets quite a bit of evaporation.It could be done with a larger reservoir and neoprene tubing though, just not as blingy as most custom systems want. The sealed systems also usually have pretty high MTBF pumps and nothing is running too hard or pushing limits in either pressure or heat.An H100i pump for example only consumes 1.2W and produces a...