Posts by Martinm210

D4s were before my time when I started 8 years ago. Regardless even with the D5s the pump tops have rather minor and sometimes worse performance over he factory D5 pump tops. There is an elbow on the pump outlet but it has fairly minor losses, and the pump inlet is a nicely centered staight shot into the impeller. I guess I would be more worried about MTBF and if you should just replace it with a modern D5. There are plenty of bay reservoir options although you should...
Glad you got it sorted. If I learned one thing in all my testing to pass along, it would be to take your time and enjoy. Do not let anyone turn the hobby and fun into work including yourself! Enjoy and please take your time. Also +2 on the great resources in these forums! I learned what little I do know about electronics from mostly hobby and buying one of those electronics learning labs and build small circuits, wiring stereos, rewiring engines, home remodeling etc. It...
I think this explains it, you need a constant 12v fee to the RPM yellow through the resistor. I think I used the power supply for feeding 12v and then used a fan controller to adjust voltage at the fan. At least I did most of the time I think which helps avoid getting that switching noise. Or I might have used a little 12v ac/dc power adapter to feed 12v to the RPM. I can't recall anymore but I think it's really important to keep it fed 12v and also to measure rpm...
FYI, Bing gave me the resistor info from this old thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/867504/diy-bings-pwm-fan-controller/30 Reading that old thread again, he said it has to be above 1K but less than 10K, but why is beyond my understanding. I just know it worked most of the time but not always. I did have a fan or two with erroneous results or no reading. Also I noticed if the fan is connected to a motherboard as he notes there was not need for the resistor. For a...
I hope this works out soon and he becomes a regular supplier. Also glad he talked them into black for the low speed flavor. Nice!
Ah yes, I had it wrong. I think Mine were all Indonesia as well. Nidec Servo is based in Japan but I guess their manufacturing is Indonesia. The Vardar sticker picture I saw noted it was designed in Slovenia but made in China. So most likely not a rebranded Servo made fan. Regardless I have high hopes.
yeah,it could be, but in my experience with EK stuff, they generally don't release products that perform poorly. While they may not always be the top, they generally are developed with that goal as priority. The Helix did not impress and appears to possibly be a rebranded titan fans under a slightly reduced rpm spec, I can't seem to find any manufacturer with an equivalent looking Vardar fan. It looks much more like the GT than the Helix or anything prior although they...
I wouldn't mind seeing another test, but the grand flex was reviewed out there and really did not impress. Value aside, I think the EK Vardars are the only fan I think has a chance at matching GT noise/CFM ratio levels. I hope I am wrong, but after 11+ rounds of fan testing hoping for something better, I was let down quite a few times. Unless someone is post PQ curves for their fan and showing noise data egioe mounted to a heatsink or radiator, I don't expect much. ...
Yes galavanic corrosion needs a direct metal to metal contact. There is another type of corrosion that occurs with just conductive coolant, but I believe it is called something else. I too am not sure about how well or poor a case would ground the radiator to block, but you could use a multimeter to measure resistance and check. Obviously if the rad was separated using fans from the case it should be relatively ungrounded if you are using short screws to attach rad to...
Sure thing, here is my build log, still a work in progress but it has all the history:http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/projects-progress/12457-mad-minion-gixxer-600-powered-micro-2-seater-build.html