Posts by Martinm210

Great job! I was curious how those new nemesis rads performed. I expected improvements over the old generation but that is even better. I also kind of expected the monsta to be a hig speed focused rad and it is. My only review suggestion is the air flow line colors are hard to differentiate. Thermal results were easy to follow though and all that really matters. Thanks for sharing!! Martin
I think it's pretty fail safe to go with either D5 or DDC (Laing) variants. I have no personal experience with ACs D5 but I have used and tested one of their Eheim based aquastream XT pumps (It's good geek fun tinker capable). If you value control and tinkering settings highly, you'll probably like that.A D5 however is pretty darn silent when decoupled anyhow though so most users are pretty happy with the manual vario speed control. I've been happy leaving them at full...
For the preimum price, I was a little dissapointed in the AMS performance level. The round tube design just isn't quite as optimized as it's flat tube folded fin solder construction counterparts. It definately has the cool factor and Aquas unmatched build quality and a guaranteed clean as a whistle interior (no solder flux) but performance at least on my test bench was not as good as I had hoped particularly with stronger fans. Did Average to above average at extremely...
I may pick one of those up too. I'll see, winter is coming and getting cold outside.
Unlikely you notice any difference. If anything you'll loose a little pressure at lower flow rates and perhaps gain a little max flow at zero pressure but in an actual loop that max flow gain won't be realized. Also the pump tops have since been changed to match the smaller inlet openings. Our loops are generally pretty restrictive so the smaller opening and increase in head pressure at lower flow rates (blue) is generally a better fit for our needs. Never tried it, but...
Gotta say the new 240x is looking good. Might have to pick one up just to play with this fall/winter. Not for testing, just for my own curiosity and to play with.
No monsta but the 30mm ST30 and 60mm UT60 was in there. Two rads of any brand will wipe the floor with any one assuming both get cool and cold ambient air intake. The XP is extremely strong at high speeds. The bigger performance benefit of thicker rads is that they have a broader range of performance where slimmer rads tend to have worse performance in areas they are not tuned for. Regardless differences are very small, no where near double due to thickness. Air's...
Nice, just have fun with it. The hot room would have been a huge benefit. I had Bill Adams offer to sell me an environmental chamber a while back, but I never wanted to spend that much considering it was all for fun. Figured I blew enough on the various meters and other bits, anything more would make it work!.. Cheers! Martin
Great job! My only suggestion is the left/vertical axis unit format. minor/major tics should round to a near whole degree or some common fraction. Also perhaps some std deviation of the mounting variances to gleen some sense of significant figures. For me at least, I rarely get all 5 mounts to have much better than a .5C STD Dev so I also like to keep significant figures in some perspective when reporting out the difference. I know some others do better than that, but...
No. Thermal performance perhaps, but keep in mind that is 2200rpm titan vs 1850GT. Really just about any fan spinning at 2200RPM will have that. Now look at noise, 9.5dbA difference which is substantial. 3 or so dbA is hard to hear but but 9.5 extremely apparent. The only thing they share is similar looks. I used them on my radiator test rig because they were cheap and represent a typical fan pressure per RPM. They do look nice, but noise is average at best,...