Posts by Martinm210

Sorry to hear about the hardware sacrifice, but thanks for sharing all the hard work. I'm sure it will come in handy for users and I'm sure it'll also stimulate improvements in existing designs. I particularly liked the flow rate data as that was something we had very little of for GPU prior and also appreciated the VRM emphasis. Surprising to me was how well the GPU did at very low flow rates, I kind of expected a steeper drop off there but they were all a nice...
If I got a nickel everytime a manufacturer asked that, I'd be a millionaire...or if I continued to test and retest everytime I heard that, I would have never finished a single roundup...In the testing/review world, that's a very common default answer to unfavorable perfomance regardless of anything.The scientific numbers before talking smack approach..I'd say..I haven't seen any publish results to suggest anything different from anyone really so I have no reason to doubt...
Depends on heat loads, I could see a pretty big difference running a 3930k heavily clocked or someone trying to do cpu plus gpu.Also despite low FPi more air in the QP will net good gains. This is what I got on the 320qp which the 220x core was derived from:1800RPM heat dissipated is around 220W2500RPM heat dissipated is around 270WGTs have a much better pressure curve than helix so then net more air per RPM (probably equal at 3-400rpm slower speeds). I bet with AP 30s...
FYI, I found orientation preference typically has more to do with mechanical TIM contact and how the bases are bowed much more than fin/pin or nozzle arrangement. The proof and result is always in looking at your TIM paste post block removal. Some blocks are bowed mostly in one direction while others are two dimensional bows. You want that thin TIM contact patch to align with core direction. Also larger cores like 2011 prefer less bowing than smaller....
Just thinking. How about a high speed premium option with gentle typhoon AP-30s PWM modded and the mcp50x. Not sure the extra flow would matter much, but the AP-30s would make good numbers for those less interested in silence and all about max cooling. Might be too noisy at slow speeds though.
That's what I did, I even had the whole thing running horizontal on my old test bench setup with another barb and fill tube running to a side port. Worked really well as I could pretty much walk most of the air out up the filler tube.
Yeah, not sure but these VGA card roundups have been really hard on the cards. I think out of the last three major roundups I'm thinking of (one by skinnee, two by stren) all three have resulted in killing the card. I've killed a couple of CPUs now myself, a common sacrifice of testing I suppose. Anyhow, bummer he didn't get to the alphacool or xspc blocks, but most were done and should give a good representation of GPU blocks in general.
Sorry vid is gone but it was super simple, just used a standard barb on the bottom of the cap and a piece of tubing. If the reservoir return line then comes from up above it is forced under water similar to many xspc reservoirs. It does make topping off a little tricky using a side port but it completely eliminates vortexing and issues the old sponge system had. Not sure about any revisions.
Awesome, thanks for all the hard work!
Wow, never would have thought the pressure in a pump could cause that sort of damage. You might contact HWlabs and see if they will cover under RMA. Which pumps? I know a lot of parts are pressure tested and capable of much more pressure than you could induce via regular pumps. I know their tubes are ultra thin, but I would have expected deforming the flat tubes round way before rupturing a solder joint.