Posts by Martinm210

Yes, milk does that to me also...damn lactose..lol
For me it's all about lack of time. If I wanted to make money, I have every opportunity to work overtime pretty much any day of the week in a job I really enjoy and I do just fine. I truely have my dream job with plenty of opportunity to make OT at my choosing, really don't need any alternatives. I'm also almost 40 now and just need a nap when I get home now and then, I am getting too old to work multiple jobs and extreme hobbies that drain every waking hour as I have...
Nice!! Yeah copper end tanks are a waste, but copper tubes are good. Glad you are experimenting with something more than two pass, most have dismissed anything other than 2. Sounds really good, hope it does really well. Cheers! Martin
I figures you had, but I'd still encourage sharing it. I'm impatient that way. Cheers for some new bar raising performance! Please post more when you find a tester with results to share. I'm hoping for a twist in quad pass, full copper, split/fin with all the screw protector/multi-port automotive paint quality goodness.
Congrats on the h220x release! Looks like a nice unit and has obviously been going through the rounds of refinement!
Sorry guys, the only testing I've been doing is on my minibuggy. It's been an off and on 4-1/2 years build but it is running now. It does have a radiator if that counts.. Getting a constant 190-195F with an 18" fan on a thermostat.. Buggy is 5' wide by 8.5' long, 18" or travel, 750lb, 110hp makes for a fun ride. So no not yet, but I'd probably vote for bundy or stren if they are still going. I have not tossed my testing gear yet and also renewed my hosting...
What is the alphacool pump block and why? D5s really don't need cooling. EK CPU block is a bit restrictive but .4 seems unusual if accurate. Tubing, fittings, parallel gpu blocks and rad should have very little restriction. Expect some on the supremacy, but most CPU blocks are fairly restricitve. I know the flow meters can at times be a little overly restrictive too, but the one thing to raise quest for me is the pump block. Don't know anything about them but I would...
FWIW, if you ever want to check the accuracy or lack there of, you can always take a gander at trend-lines. I plotted a few of his because that's how I do my own QC work and it does give you some indication. This doesn't capture errors in manual sensor placement (each time you manually move a sensor, there will be error), but it does give you some indication of error relative to the various fan scenarios tested and other inconsistency. That's not to say a power curve...
I noticed that. I do find it interesting though as there does seem to be a correlation between fans that do well on a radiator regarding noise/performance also tend to have a pronounced hump up in their PQ curve. I never tried any of the prolimatechs but have heard good things. GTs, prolimatech, and Eloops all seem to have a similar pressure curve quality. Noctua also seems to have an ok pressure curve but I've always had bad luck with resonance on them. Perhaps under...
Yeah, it's too bad. I don't know much of how they do it, but the better fans tweak the fan's surge point to raise the pressure where it's operated. Nidec talks about it in a few of their documents including: http://catalog.nidec-servo.com/products/pdf/D1225Chi-letter.pdf and http://www.nidec-servo.com/en/digital/pdf/g_fab_technical.pdf But blade style alone isn't the key it seems. The helix which looks really similar doesn't have nearly as pronounced a PQ surge...