Posts by Martinm210

What is the alphacool pump block and why? D5s really don't need cooling. EK CPU block is a bit restrictive but .4 seems unusual if accurate. Tubing, fittings, parallel gpu blocks and rad should have very little restriction. Expect some on the supremacy, but most CPU blocks are fairly restricitve. I know the flow meters can at times be a little overly restrictive too, but the one thing to raise quest for me is the pump block. Don't know anything about them but I would...
FWIW, if you ever want to check the accuracy or lack there of, you can always take a gander at trend-lines. I plotted a few of his because that's how I do my own QC work and it does give you some indication. This doesn't capture errors in manual sensor placement (each time you manually move a sensor, there will be error), but it does give you some indication of error relative to the various fan scenarios tested and other inconsistency. That's not to say a power curve...
I noticed that. I do find it interesting though as there does seem to be a correlation between fans that do well on a radiator regarding noise/performance also tend to have a pronounced hump up in their PQ curve. I never tried any of the prolimatechs but have heard good things. GTs, prolimatech, and Eloops all seem to have a similar pressure curve quality. Noctua also seems to have an ok pressure curve but I've always had bad luck with resonance on them. Perhaps under...
Yeah, it's too bad. I don't know much of how they do it, but the better fans tweak the fan's surge point to raise the pressure where it's operated. Nidec talks about it in a few of their documents including: http://catalog.nidec-servo.com/products/pdf/D1225Chi-letter.pdf and http://www.nidec-servo.com/en/digital/pdf/g_fab_technical.pdf But blade style alone isn't the key it seems. The helix which looks really similar doesn't have nearly as pronounced a PQ surge...
Don't get too hung up on static pressure. It is the point at zero flow and doesn't always translate to high pressure at some flow. It's the pressure between zero flow and max flow that actually matters which you can only see if the fan includes the full pressure vs flow rate curve. I've seen many examples where static pressure alone can give you an incorrect impression on performance. Here is just one example: Generally a fan that has more wider blades will be a little...
Give him a chance guys. He said he is willing to test, let him back that up with the actual work and results. Testing does take time. We also are all speculating a bit without the heat dump specific test. I'd be willing to bet money on the D5 dumping a higher percentage of heat per consumed watt but it really hasn't been explicitly tested. Only thing we know is: -Both are good pumps -DDC is slightly more hydraulically efficient and powerful in a typical loop. -D5...
Show me your math.. Just kidding. I'm in the middle of building a sand rail, no time for PC stuff. I did not test heat dump in any of my pump tests, it's not stardard and requires a completely different test rig. It can be done calormetrically using a temp logger and a know measured volume of water. I would suggest a 5 gallon insulated thermos. Run a pump either through a few block of typical restriction or through a valve. Insulate everything very well and log the...
The tests follow standard engineering pump methods of testing intended to be modular and provide you the necessary performance data to go further with it. It is a simple reduced variables test using standard head vs flow rate relationships. You can then take this information and apply it to block/rad DT vs flow rate data if you have the patience and knowledge to do so and calculated a comparative flow rate. All you have to do is add up you system pressure drops, plot...
Thanks for the entertainment. Still trying to figure out what the argument is, but in the end it sounds like DDC vs D5 fanboi work in progress. Is a single D5 or DDC capable of the OP's loop, yes. Before I ever bothered doing any sort of controlled testing I had a system with CPU, GPU, and several chipset blocks plus two triple rads running in three separate loops using three D5s. Before breaking down that loops I combined them all into one using a single D5 basic....
Two main things. TIM mechanical contact is affected by how aggressive the base is bowed. More aggressive bowing leaves a more concentrated by narrow optimal contact and increases pressure at the center. More aggressive bowing is generally going to be more optimized for smaller cores with a more concentrated heat distribution 1155 etc. 2011 also need bowing but you want a larger contact patch area so generally less bowing than 1155. copper base cooling area. Similar...