Posts by Chetyre

Hey. It's been a long time since I posted, but that was because I was saving money to buy an AMD card. I now have a HD 7970, and would just like to report a successful secundary passthrough using xen 4.3 on an Archlinux Dom0! This thread has been most helpful all this time. Thank you!
Today I discovered that having a nvidia card in my system was breaking a lot more things than it just not working. I wasn't able to auto-start VMs in /etc/xen/auto for example, but as soon as I removed my nvidia card (because honestly it wasn't doing anything anyway) everything worked perfectly and correctly. Another thing that fixed itself is I have finally managed to passthrough the 3770's graphics card (HD4000)(At least apparently). It never worked before, but when I...
nbhusain, I used your DUET image to install windows 8 from the sata controller, but I'm unable to modify the bootloader entry to change its order. I tried doing it from the shell, but it didn't work. How do you do it? I want it to start automatically EDIT: Nevermind. I disabled the efis in the tools folder and now the only entries are the windows ones.
Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I can. I'm building it because it's part of the package. And I might need it someday, not everything is going to use gplpv drivers. I'll also have some pv guestsEDIT: It worked. I was just going to edit the pkg with the absolute path to the directory, but using the variable is a lot easier indeed.Wow, that went a lot smother than I thought it would. I'm using REFInd, not grub, so I wasn't sure where I would put the config file, but it worked...
Build fails when I use the modified binutils. nevermind my shell.Code:install -d -m0755 -p "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-arfoire/aur-xen/pkg/usr/lib/xen/boot"install -m0644 -p mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.gz "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-arfoire/aur-xen/pkg/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_32.gz"make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-arfoire/aur-xen/src/xen-4.2.1/stubdom'mv: cannot stat ���etc/init.d���: No such file or directory==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package(). Aborting...==> ERROR:...
nbhusain, could you help me compile xen on archlinux? the pkgbuild on aur fails for me for some reason on the stubdom. I'm also trying to mess with uefi for now. I just managed to make it boot with rEFInd, but how would I boot the xen kernel? I googled around and found that xen has a xen.efi, but how do I pass the kernel parameters? sorry, uefi is very new to me. EDIT: managed to install it. one of the dependencies was broken. now I need to boot it...
The most important benefit in our case, in my opinion, is that it eliminates the need for dual booting for those of us who wish to use Linux as their primary system, but still want to game.But there are many other benefits, such as making it easy to backup entire systems. It also eases the development of new programs since you can test it on a number of OSs with very little trouble, and another benefit is that services can be separated from one another, minimizing possible...
nope, build-in. In anycase when I have time again I'll try building 4.1 and see what happens
I have a 3.7 kernel
I have arch for everyday use on my laptop, but for my dom0 I was aiming for a more stable distro. It was either CentOS or Debian