Posts by erocker

I've "updated' the firmware of a handful of John Deere's in the past year. Very easy to do, all you need is a PC and a USB stick. Most farmers I know won't touch John Deere anymore. The company is screwing themselves and will shortly be relegated to solely selling cheap Chinese made tractors at Wal Mart and/or go bankrupt all together.
But do we know they weren't developing for it before making it exclusive? I've definitely heard them mention both Vulcan and (before it) Mantle. With them stating from the beginning that Linux would be supported, naturally the step to actually support it must take place at some point. Nothing is free.
This game makes people emo.
Well.. from the beginning they did mention Linux support. This seems a surefire way to get that. I really see no problem with it as it seems more a branch in development than some drastic "scrap and replace" decision.Huh? You could refer me back to where this game changed or even mentioned API's in the past?
I too remember the free boxes of salt I received for pre-ordering HL3!It's definitely takes less time to develop for one API over a few. Plus, with Vulcan it opens the game up to Linux, Mac and "other".
White, or reflection from light on a black video card that makes it look white? I'll go with the latter.
No real logical reason to change. if you want something new to mess around with and want to spend the money and time, go for it.
Because, unfortunately like many other things in the world, decisions are made by those who have very little clue, or it's due to money. Usually, money.
If they can get their cache system working better, it'll be a hell of a good all around chip. Hopefully AMD will work closer with their partners before releasing their next CPU.
Often, people need CPU power and not so much GPU power. It's not difficult to understand.