Posts by ericeod

I picked up an X5680 on Amazon for $80 back in April. Just keep an eye out for a good deal.Here is one for $115 on Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004EET1LM/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1480292828&sr=8-1&keywords=X5680&condition=used
They sent me a like-new board back.
Yep, I just checked and you are correct. Sorry, I thought it was a 7 year. I RMA'd mine April 2016 and got it replaced. I pulled my email notification to verify. It wouldn't hurt to try RMAing it!
Just wanted to point out the X58 Sabertooth has a 7 year warranty (for all Tuff series boards). Mine would only recognize 2 of the 3 memory channels, so I RMA'd for a replacement a few months ago. I highly recommend you try for an RMA!
I helped a friend get a build up and running, and he gave me some extra parts. I'm looking to either keep the X99-A motherboard and sell the 4820K CPU, or keep the 4820K and sell the X99-A . I think I'll finally upgrade this old 2600K system. What would each be worth here on OCN? X-99A (2011-V3) Motherboard $_____ 4820k (IB-E) CPU $____ Thanks!
tFRC became important for me when I was trying to OC Yorkdale (Q9650) CPUs on the X38... I stumbled on this article when OCing my R3E a few years later. I won't lie, it is a lot to take in. The article explains everything related to memory timings:AnandTechEverything You Always Wanted to Know About SDRAM (Memory): But Were Afraid to AskBy Rajinder Gill, August 15, 2010
Welcome to the community! What about our OCN community made you want to be a vendor rep?
24/7 means you've found a stable overclock at a safe vcore setting. 99% of us shoot for 24/7. The 1% will push dangerous vcore voltage for a few hours stable run of high overclocks to benchmark (trying to get high scores on benchmark programs). But the voltage would damage the CPU over the long term. You definitely want a 24/7 overclock that is safe for the CPU's lifespan, and stable enough to not crash when gaming, doing school work, etc.
VID is not the actual voltage you are running, it is a pre-programmed parameter built into the chip. It used to be reported at a constant, and was an indication of stock voltage at default clock speeds (no 2 CPUs are alike). For example, the VID stated by intel for a CPU can be 1.125v to 1.35v. This means the specific CPU can have a default voltage anywhere in that range. You and I could have the same CPU, but mine might run at default of 1.125v while yours might run...
I use CPU-Z to monitor my vcore on my 2600K. And 4.8GHz with 1.352v is possible with a 2500k (no HT to compensate for). I'm running 4.7Ghz with 1.352v vcore while pushing 4x8Gb at 1866. I guess as long as you stress test and pass, you are good. I do 12hrs Prime95 and Intel Burn test to make sure. OP, I see you have EIST enabled, but C1E disabled. C1E being disabled would keep your vcore at a constant. But EIST being enabled will allow the CPU to drop in speed. . If...