Posts by ericeod

I'm in the process of getting my x58/Xeon rig up and running. I plan to use it to run multiple virtual machines to practice with/learn about servers. Ive got the HP OEM X5679, eVGA X58 FTW3 (officially supports the Xeons) and an H100 to cool it. I sold my 2011 setup at the end of last year and miss having a 6-core setup...
When you get to the install screen, try running Diskpart and see if it lists the disk:Hit [shift + F10]Type "Diskpart"type "List Disk"If it shows the hdd (usually shows as disk 0), you should be able to format it with diskpart and install the OS.Follow this guide to complete the process: Booting and partitioning of Windows 7 without the System Reserve Partition
Faullty ram can cause your system to become flaky. The first thing I would do is isolate for potential hardware problems. Disconnect SSD/HDDs and pull all but one memory module. Run memtest with that one stick. If that stick tests good, reset the bios to default and reflash and clear cmos. After that I would continue to runemtest with each stick to verify they are all good. Then start testing each individual memory slot to see if each slot is good (again running...
PMed
Have you thought about just sourcing a used ASUS Z68 board? I just found one on Amazon for $70: ASUS P8Z68-V LE And yes, a Z77 will work with 2600K just fine if you went that route.
The custom ROM is really nice. It is striped of some unnecessary apps, has a nice launcher and is more customizable. There should be some SD storage development to allow the installed micro SD to be utilized as primary storage.
Can you list out everything you've tried so far?
The initial cost is going to be more with the i7 3820 vs the i7 4770k. If you go with the i7 3820, you are going to spend more on the motherboard because it is a 2011 setup. And the only reason to go that route is if you plan or running more that 2 video cards, or if you are video editing, encoding, etc. Basically the 2011 system is a desktop platform based off a server chipset (C600/X79) with more PCIE lanes.With the 4770K, you get the newest Haswell architecture with...
I'm planning on selling my Transformer Prime to buy the Kindle Fire 8.9" HD with LTE.As for this tablet, I'm now in the process of rooting and trying a custom ROM.
My local Walmart here in Anchorage has it in stock. I'll be picking one up tomorrow. I've tried lower end 7" tablets and didn't have a very good experience. I wanted the Nexus, but don't like the lack of micro SD. So hopefully this will fit my needs. My Transformer prime is just a little larger then I would like. I just wish there were more 8" - 8.9" tablets out there. Edit 1: got it! All 3 Walmarts in my area showed it was available in store. But only 1 of them...