Posts by moocowman

Oh man.. This brings back so many memories. I played the hell out of the second one. I really hope it will be just as fun. My only worry is about the developer who, for the most part, has only worked on licensed junk. Although, if Double Helix has taught me anything, it's that developers like that are capable of making some pretty decent games (e.g. Killer Instinct and Strider) if they are passionate about the project.What do you mean by that?
Man, some of you are kind of rude. It's a little messed up to push your own beliefs on people. Anywho, I would say BF4. It is much more solid now and it's always being improved. The gameplay is varied and offers something for the people who love the large conquest kind of matches and has tighter more cqc based map configurations and modes. I personally love most of the maps and I think the gunplay is solid. I can't say much about the DLC maps because I don't own any but...
When I went to play on this free weekend, I was hoping that it had been improved since the last time I played. Unfortunately, it was much worse. I was getting major frame drops constantly even though I had most of the settings at normal-low. Every time I threw a stun grenade, the frame rate would tank and I would get weird artifacting. I thought it was on my end but then I saw other people saying the same thing. Everything else just felt very inconsistent such as the TTK...
I think I may have to pass on this. While Saints Row 3 and 4 were fun, that fun didn't really last long. Maybe it was just me but they got a little repetitive which actually kind of bums me out because I really wanted to enjoy the newer Saints Row titles. The parts that I found fun were really fun but it just wasn't enough to keep my attention for that long. The fact that this is going to be a smaller game probably won't help with that.
We do? I mean, yeah.. Most (not all) triple A titles are $60 new but games depreciate much faster on PC than they do on consoles (unless that game is named Call of Duty). I rarely purchase a game for its full price minus with only a few exceptions. That's not because I refuse to pay full price, either.. It's because of how fast the price drops. Heck, I've hardly paid more than $20 each for most of the games in my Steam library. I'm glad that PC games have gone mostly...
It was actually pulled because of false advertising. Its Steam page advertised features that weren't in the game and had pictures that were made to look like in-game screenshots showing areas and things that, again, weren't in the game. Yeah, they had no choice to pull the game but it wasn't because of the bad press.On-topic: I'm not even sure where I stand on this subject. Things get a bit complicated when it comes to digital goods. If something simply doesn't work or you...
The first minute of the trailer is spent saying "Look at all of these modern FPS tropes that we don't have!" More time in that trailer is spent saying what it doesn't have than what it does have. A bunch of the stuff they go into detail on their site is either doing that same thing or describing most arena shooters. It's going to have a bunch of gamers rushing to preorder/buy into early access based on how unlike modern shooters it is.You don't have to agree with me but I...
It hasn't even been out for a full year.. That's hardly what you could consider ages. I would actually consider that pretty early in its life cycle. Fall is usually the time when a lot of big titles get released so you might see something more worthwhile around that time.I do have a feeling the Xbox One will do fairly well during the holiday season because of its price drop although, of course, that feeling could be wrong.
I love the look of this game and I can definitely see the appeal. However, I'm not really a fan of when games are advertised as "old-school." A game of that kind of style should try to sell itself by simply being a good game and not by saying "Look at how old-school our game is!" It's basically trying to sell you a game based on what it stands for instead of the quality of the game itself. I find it just as manipulative as showing off a vertical slice of gameplay that...
Yeah, gotta hate open world. Freedom is overrated.I can't think of many games other than Killing Floor that provide a similar experience to Left 4 Dead. Even Dead Island plays very differently. I've seen a lot more zombie games trying to emulate the experience of DayZ than I've seen trying to emulate the experience of Left 4 Dead.On-Topic: I'm really excited for this. I felt Dead Island's combat was so satisfying so this is definitely something I would enjoy. The main...