Posts by moocowman

The first minute of the trailer is spent saying "Look at all of these modern FPS tropes that we don't have!" More time in that trailer is spent saying what it doesn't have than what it does have. A bunch of the stuff they go into detail on their site is either doing that same thing or describing most arena shooters. It's going to have a bunch of gamers rushing to preorder/buy into early access based on how unlike modern shooters it is.You don't have to agree with me but I...
It hasn't even been out for a full year.. That's hardly what you could consider ages. I would actually consider that pretty early in its life cycle. Fall is usually the time when a lot of big titles get released so you might see something more worthwhile around that time.I do have a feeling the Xbox One will do fairly well during the holiday season because of its price drop although, of course, that feeling could be wrong.
I love the look of this game and I can definitely see the appeal. However, I'm not really a fan of when games are advertised as "old-school." A game of that kind of style should try to sell itself by simply being a good game and not by saying "Look at how old-school our game is!" It's basically trying to sell you a game based on what it stands for instead of the quality of the game itself. I find it just as manipulative as showing off a vertical slice of gameplay that...
Yeah, gotta hate open world. Freedom is overrated.I can't think of many games other than Killing Floor that provide a similar experience to Left 4 Dead. Even Dead Island plays very differently. I've seen a lot more zombie games trying to emulate the experience of DayZ than I've seen trying to emulate the experience of Left 4 Dead.On-Topic: I'm really excited for this. I felt Dead Island's combat was so satisfying so this is definitely something I would enjoy. The main...
I'm sorry but nothing you just said is factual but you say it as if it is.What is a fact is that the CTE exists to benefit Battlefield 4 and to see if certain changes, some of which are dramatic such as increased tick-rate, work or don't work.It really doesn't even matter if it's there as a test-bed for future releases because everything done in it improves Battlefield 4 and gives it a longer lifespan. That is not a negative thing. It's getting so stupid how even things...
Like I said, though, I really don't think Hardline is meant to be a replacement of Battlefield 4 and judging by its reception it probably won't come close to it.When Battlefield 3 came out, the majority of people migrated from Bad Company 2. When Battlefield 4 came out, the majority of people migrated from Battlefield 3. I know it's just an assumption but I really don't see Hardline having that same effect. People liked to say that BF3 was BC2.5 and BF4 was BF3.5 but there...
That's just a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Battlefield 2 was the only game they did, wasn't it? Battlefield 2142 seems to be a lot of peoples' darling of the Battlefield franchise and that happened post Trauma Studios. People love Bad Company 2 and beg for a Bad Company 3. Even Battlefield 3 sees its fair share of praise now that its time for it to be under the critical spotlight has past.Also, let's be honest with ourselves.. Battlefield 2 had a lot of...
If someone doesn't agree with what EA is doing, they shouldn't buy or play the games that EA publishes. Once again, it really is that simple.Also, if someone is that worried about their information and who has access to it, maybe they should read EULAs. I'm sure they'll find that a lot of companies do the same thing. Ubisoft and Valve both have it in their EULAs as well.*edit* I didn't even realize who I was quoting. xD Ohai.
The $30-40 price-point seems fair enough depending on how much content is in the full game. Other companies have done the cheap spinoff thing with pretty decent success and I think the lower price would make the game much more appealing.
Neither of your analogies work. When you sign for a package, it says nothing about letting the delivery person into your home to do whatever. When you walk down the street, you're not accepting an agreement that says people can go into your home. When you make an Origin account you are accepting an agreement that says that they can pull information.Don't get me wrong. I am in no way saying it's a good thing. However, you could have opted out by not using Origin. It's...