Posts by moocowman

It was in Fallout 3 and it was ridiculous in the best way possible. I never end up using a Fat-Man in any of playthroughs of FO3 and NV anymore and I have no idea why. I suddenly have the urge to go play and eff some stuff up.
The energy weapons in Fallout aren't exactly what I'd call modern looking?A G36k is just a bit too new for my tastes. I don't even like the Marksman Carbine.http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka_Breaker_(GRA)This?
Using more modern guns in Fallout feels weird to me. They don't fit the world. Currently, I use.. Knock Knock MF Hyperbreeder Alpha or Pew Pew Riot Shotgun Tri-Beam Laser Rifle Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle Dart Gun The Smitty Special
I'll never understand why people spend so much time talking about things that they don't like.
You wouldn't have to uninstall your mods. There are many tools such as BOSS or Wrye Bash which help you find instabilities and conflicting mods. The better mods also tend to list what mods or what types of mods that are incompatible with them. That's about as far as I expect modders to go when it comes to this. Some modders do put out compatibility patches but it's not their responsibility to do so. It's a bit ridiculous to expect them to make sure their mod is compatible...
I really hope FO4's gunplay isn't as cheap feeling as previous games. One of my bigger issues with FO3 and NV was how the guns felt. The sounds and animations just made them feel really weak and not really satisfying to use. Guns like the .50 AMR didn't feel as powerful as they should have and the animations for pulling up your iron sights in New Vegas definitely didn't look very good at all. The sound design didn't help either. I'm sure it's quite a bit better, though....
I wouldn't be too happy about paying $5 for a simple texture either but from what I saw, new weapons (not retextures) were going for $.25-.50, new armor sets were between $1-2 and larger mods like new areas or towns were around $3. The pricing wasn't that bad.And I would pay a bit more for mods like Misery. I'd pay $10 at least. People put a crazy amount of work and time into overhauls like that. I'm pretty confident that there will be a proper hardcore mod and, of course,...
The problem with donations in modding is that most people don't.
Wouldn't modders have to apply for monetization, meaning they couldn't just charge a stupid price for a simple gun retexture or similar?I'm kinda stuck in the middle when it comes to this. Most of the interesting and more expansive mods would be locked behind a pay gate which would kinda suck. However, I understand where modders are coming from since some of them do put in a lot of work into their mods. Such a tricky situation..
Were you the person I quoted? No? Why are you answering for him then?A reskin of the game would be pretty stupid. It would mean the game would be on the same very outdated engine with little to no improvements to gameplay. You'd have updated textures and that would be it and even then, I'm pretty sure the textures wouldn't be very good because of the limitations of the outdated engine. You might as well just play the original game if a reskin is all you want. It sounds...