Posts by covert ash

I have had my Late 2013 13" rMBP (2.4GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) since launch, and if I were to do it all over again, today, I would have definitely opted to get a bigger SSD drive. The more you use the system, the more you realize that after a few app installs, and video/music downloads later, you're forced to get creative with managing your data, which gets annoying very quickly. Since this machine is meant to last over the next 4 years, or so, it will be especially...
Sorry, looks like Reefa beat me to it. In any case, these are now sold, so closing this thread up.Thanks OCN!
I have a pair of un-used, un-opened 4GB sticks of Samsung DDR3 30nm (aka. WonderRAM). Obviously, these have not been used at all, so their overclocking potential is unknown. I bought these over a year ago in anticipation of building out another machine, but never got around to it. So let's find these sticks a good home. Price: $70 OBO SHIPPED USPS FLAT RATE, PAYPAL Feedback: Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=63948 OCN iTrader:...
Sadly, I have completely lost interest in gaming. It was fun while it lasted, but this card deserves a better home. I sold my original 780 SC ACX, and immediately regretted it. In the same weekend, I bought this card used off the forums in October 2013. I just checked the Guest RMA and there is still 862 days left (as of 1/17/14). The card has not been overclocked by me at all, and the previous owner did not mention how far it went. Please don't ask. The ASIC quality is...
I am selling this Mac Mini because I ended up getting a MacBook Pro recently, and I only need one Mac in the apartment. This Mac Mini is less than a month old; so the standard warranty is set to expire on 10/4/14. You can add an Applecare warranty any time before that date to extend coverage. You will also receive full retail packaging and all included accessories. Before shipping, I will do a system restore to bring it back to factory defaults.Here are the full specs for...
Does it support Surround yet? So far, I have only been using this tool as a means to find out when new drivers (beta or WHQL) are released, and nothing more.
Gamestop has been rumored (and looks like confirmed) to be at $30. http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/19/29-battlefield-4-49-99-wiis-gamestop-black-friday/ This is pretty much what happened when BF3 was released, and why I've been apprehensive about jumping on any of these pre-order deals.
Hmmm... take this deal or wait for Black Friday where it is rumored to go on sale for $29.99... can't decide...
Performance wise, you will be doing a side-grade, meaning more or less you will get about the same framerates that you are getting now. Sure, some games will see a bit of an improvement, but you would really have to do before and after benchmark comparisons to really notice it. However, power consumption, heat, and noise will all be a huge upgrade, if that matters to you.
Glad to hear you're happy with them. Post back your temps once you get a hold of that 4K display (or if you ever decide to try Eyefinity) for comparison.