Posts by HeadlessKnight

For the core OC you can start by +13 MHz, until you find your card's crashing point, then decrease it by -13 MHz again, you might have freezes, driver crashes and some times you might be forced to restart the system so don't panic when you see those things happen, it is a normal process until you find your max stable clocks.For the memory you can go to higher steps than +13. You can increase it by +25 or +50 and stop to decrease it by -10 once you find it unstable.My...
That was a bit of exaggeration fail on my side but yeah it is indeed faster .Which cooler do you have? You might try to OC your GPU first since it is much easier (OCing CPU is easy too) just follow the guide below . It is in the second post "How to OC" ...http://www.overclock.net/t/1393791/official-nvidia-gtx-780-owners-club/Video guidehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owH5wGV4hxY
Overall CPU usage was less than 15% and the Cores were not loaded 100% according to MSI AB, so it wasn't a CPU bottleneck but the game wasn't be able to cope very well with the amount of mods installed. Low fps doesn't always indicate a CPU bottleneck that was my point. Also you didn't notice that I said I overclocked the CPU and GPU with 0 fps impact, I also underclocked them and installed my spare HD 7950.Hasewell has better single threaded performance than both Nehalem...
I know where you are coming from but I don't think that is absolutely accurate statement . CPU bottleneck is probable but not absolute unless we know exactly the mods OP is running. I used to have hundreds of mods in my previous Skyrim installation until I decided to remove everything and started a fresh Skyrim installation, I was playing a mod called Falskaar where there is a very big dungeon full of draugrs, I got 15 fps in that dungeon (low CPU and GPU usage too), so it...
It is the GPU and here it is why. [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] As you can see increasing the CPU frequency from 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz (17.7% OC) yielded 0% increase in fps. While clocking the 780 Ti from 967 MHz to 1137 MHz increased the fps by about 17%.His CPU is even better than my CPU at stock so I don't know where all this CPU bottleneck came from, I know shadows on Ultra are CPU intensive but the 4670K even at stock is more than enough to handle it for the most part and...
It doesn't make sense that a GPU intensive ENB like RealVision to be mostly CPU bottlenecked. The 780 with a demanding enb such as RealVision (Full) doesn't have enough power to give 60 fps constant all the time. Overclocking the GPU might help increasing your fps. There are only four options, either to reduce ENB settings , to get rid of the ENB it completely, to overclock the GPU or to accept your current framerate. Overclocking your i5 4670K will not give you much...
Some of the pictures remind me of Crysis 1 beach.
^^ ThisGTX 780 Classified will probably OC higher for benching. But if you are a gamer I think It is worth it to get 290X.If you want my advice get the card that you feel more comfortable with out of the box, overclocking is always based on luck of the draw, you might get a dud clocking classy and then regret getting it because it can't surpass 290X performance.Of course most Classys hit 1300 MHz+ but probably a lot of them do it with a pretty high voltage for 24/7.
This is in Riverwood also using RealVision ENB (Full) with a first generation i7 @ 4 GHz which is slower than i5 4670K. Sure the GPU is different but only with the mods mentioned above getting average of 30 fps in not normal. I am also using Flora Overhaul and have Lush grass and trees installed.It is 60 fps for the most part and rarely drops below that. I am also using Adaptive V-sync in Nvidia's control panel, with AA/ AF set to Off as the author of the ENB suggested ......
Then it is the video card that doesn't have enough juice to push 60 fps IMO. Landscapes don't require much CPU power but require more GPU, as long as you are OK inside the cities then it is definitely not the processor.I still don't know why your fps drop to 30 fps inside Riverwoods, I think that is too low for such a system. I am using RealVision ENB and Flora Overhaul, I also think I installed Lush Trees but I am not sure. I don't have that Cinematic Fires mod but my fps...