Posts by HeadlessKnight

It is not about temps only guys.Chips have a max safe voltage to tolerate. It is like running a 4770K at 1.5V for weeks/ months at 30 C. I am sure even at that low temp the chip will survive only a few weeks before it dies/ degrades or a few months if you are very lucky.While the VRMs on the Classy might be strong enough to handle and push that kind of voltage, but the chip might not tolerate that much for extended periods. For only suicidal runs or short term benching...
Do you run the card at 1.38V for extended periods? The chances are high that the chip has degraded because of that excessive voltage, running GK110 at 1.38V for everyday gaming is too much even on water cooling. Anyway if the card is unstable at stock it is considered a defective card.
What is the point of i7 4770K CPU-Z screenshot idling at 800 MHz? As for 256-bit bus, I couldn't care less by how much it destroys the 780 Ti/ 290X. Since those cards are not its direct competitors and will be only last generation stuff. Who really compares GTX 680 to GTX 580 when GTX 680 released? what is the point of comparing it to only last generation stuff and not its direct competitor? Even when 680 was able to beat 580 at high resolutions it got stomped by HD 7970...
This ^^. If you don't like him, then stop using his software, plain and simple. Hypocrisy in this thread is beyond the roof. Without Unwinder.. GPU overclockability wouldn't have reached the point that it reached today, if you don't like his software stop using it and stick to Nvidia/ AMD crap like Overdrive and Coolbits (Not to mention Nvidia doesn't even integrate an overclocking software in its new drivers)He did the community a great service without a return. I do...
I am sure the card heated up faster when I upped the voltage. I tried to download PX 15 again from steam and the overvoltage on 780 Ti seems reverted back to offset mode on the new version instead of voltage like the older version. Otherwise I would have screenshot-ed it for you.I was very frustrated when I found it was only a bug, When I saw the voltage go to 1300mV that gave me some hope to overclock my crappy clocking card, but oh well ...
I was just curious if the 780 Ti supported voltage control using PX 15, and sadly it didn't. I just uninstalled it and currently still using MSI Afterburner though.I just needed a monitor tool for my 780 Ti to view temps, gpu usage ... etc and AB is perfect for me, even the UI is much better than PX. This card can't OC much past its stock clocks, so PX is pointless for me, there is no point in OCing 3%. Better run at stock clocks, lol.
I tried the new PX on my 780 Ti. I pushed the voltage all the way up to 1260mV (only PX 15 reads it at that voltage, GPU-Z still shows 1.187mV) and the weird thing I got it working using GPU-Z render test. I also noticed a huge increase in temperature, it didn't take long before it went to mid 60 C, unlike 1.19V. So that confirmed it that my voltage is applied. The clock was at 1230 MHz and this is exactly what GPU-Z render test shows, TDP was at like 60%. As soon as I...
Everyone will answer you differently. Not all cards are made the same you know. My card can bench up to 1202-1228 MHz but for gaming stability anything above 1188 MHz it can't really cut it. Also since you have a reference card your max voltage will be 1.212 using a costum BIOS. My card cannot hit 1200 MHz 24/7 stable with both the original BIOS and the custom BIOS.
5820K looks like will an awesome upgrade for me if it is a 6 Cores part. Is it confirmed that it is a 6 Cores part not 4?
New validation screen. This time at almost 4.6 GHz. http://valid.x86.fr/gu7avk I managed 4591.8 MHz