Posts by HeadlessKnight

780 Ti's don't work well with the LLC mod or when voltage is set to higher than 1.212mV like Titans/ 780s. To fix this problem I suggest :- 1- Download DDU, remove all your drivers and MSI Afterburner, along with personal preferences. 2- Reset your BIOS settings and Clear your CMOS. 3- Turn off your PC unplug the Power cord and re-plug it again. 4- Reinstall Drivers and Afterburner. See how it goes...
Basic mathematical understanding .There are a few problems with the results :1- Synthetic 3DMark benchmark.2- Different system configurations , ram timings and OCs all contribute to these differences .3- Probably different driver settings.So these results are null and void unless they are tested on the same system, and on the same conditions.290 is a great GPU though. Still it is not a 290X .
According to Forceman benchmarks (has been a while since he put them. But he did 290x/ 290 comparisons with his card with both locked/ unlocked BIOSes) the R9 290X is about 2-4.5% faster clock for clock than R9 290 (you can look at specopsFI sig above as he compared 290/ X at same clocks, too) . To match a 290X at same clocks an R9 290 needs more than 2-4.5% core OC to be dead-even with the 290X (considering memory clocks are the same) (also considering different apps). As...
GTX 670 is about 10% faster clock-per-clock (670 has 17% extra shaders over 760 and supports only GPU Boost 1.0) , only reason the 760 is faster at stock is because it is clocked significantly higher.
I like Tekken, all the old school Tekken games (From Tekken 1 to Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection). From Tekken 6 onwards the game became a bit meh ... I hate the bound system they implemented in 6, but too bad they won't get rid of it anytime soon... It is what really makes the game noob friendly when it comes to juggling and at this point of time this is what works out for game developers... Those who never heard of Tekken or never played it .... Of course the trailer won't...
Probably you are CPU bottlenecked. I recently sold my HD 7950 to a friend who has a locked i5 2500. He mainly plays TR and WD. I couldn't believe how his i5 2500 bottlenecks the 7950 in those two games, let alone a GTX 780. Around 4.5-4.0 GHz the i5 2500K should do fine.
That's why it is called the silicon lottery, you either win it or lose it, also your cards are watercooled, while these are running at 90C and using air cooling. Still impressive numbers considering the 290X's are only at 1.1 GHz. I bit even the vanilla 290's will be able to edge out the 780's considering they are only ~3-4% slower than 290X's clock-for-clock.
But .... but .... but .... nevermind .. Impressive performance AMD, that's how your multi-gpu performance should have been long ago. It's now Nvidia's turn to fix its GPU scaling issues.
It is not about temps only guys.Chips have a max safe voltage to tolerate. It is like running a 4770K at 1.5V for weeks/ months at 30 C. I am sure even at that low temp the chip will survive only a few weeks before it dies/ degrades or a few months if you are very lucky.While the VRMs on the Classy might be strong enough to handle and push that kind of voltage, but the chip might not tolerate that much for extended periods. For only suicidal runs or short term benching...
Do you run the card at 1.38V for extended periods? The chances are high that the chip has degraded because of that excessive voltage, running GK110 at 1.38V for everyday gaming is too much even on water cooling. Anyway if the card is unstable at stock it is considered a defective card.