Posts by SlyFox

That's a really great idea! How'd you get the ssd to stick to the outside of the hdd cage?
So far it's the default.
Asrock Z87. Thanks for reminding me, that's the other thing I should have mentioned. I was able to get my SSD installed using one of the hard drive cages but I'm having issues connecting my 1TB hard drive in the same cage. Mainly because of the orientation ssd facing one way and the HDD face the other it puts a "U" bend into my power cable that faces towards the U14S fan. I'm thinking maybe if I flip the drives and have the connections facing the front fans it should give...
I had been running this monitor on my old pc. Finally put together my new build together using all new parts except the video card. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8.1 and installed catalyst13.9 video drivers. I have to say, the monitor now looks absolutely stunning!! No longer does it look all washed out, blacks are blacks, whites are white but not overly piercing like before. The color banding issues I was running into as well are gone. Super happy . Maybe this...
Just did a build with this motherboard, it's awesome. The 8 pin cpu socket is in kind of an odd spot but that's my only complaint so far.
Finished putting my pc together today. The build went really smoothly. I still have to clean up the wires in the case though, its a bit messy. Someone had previously asked about the U14S installation. I installed it and the only snag I had was plugging the fan connector into the header. Took a couple attempts but I got it. If anyone else is considering it, go for it.
Thanks for linking the blurbusters site. While it's still not perfect the picture is much better using their program/settings. There's light at the end of the tunnel.
Yeah I'm running into picture quality issues as well. I'm still tinkering with the settings but I've been running into Brightness/Color Banding issues. Once I'm done with work, I plan on trying some settings I found online. I'll report back if I see any improvements.
Missed out on the BF deal, I'm in. Thanks
I'm still waiting on my motherboard/ram to arrive from Newegg. Once I get that I'll hopefully have some pics of the U14S installed in my node sometime next week.