Posts by SlyFox

I disagree, I don't think you should go with the HD600 if your budget is $300 - 400. The HD600 are really picky about amps, you'd need to go with either the Vali 2, Valhalla 2, or Bottlehead which is already going to put you way outside your budget. That's not even including the DAC! I'd be more inclined to go with the AKG 7xx and whatever dac/headphone amp you want. That way your still within your budget. I think you'll really like the sound signature on the AKG...
Audeze LCD-2's are on sale at Adorama for $700.. Never been tempted by something so expensive..
I'm really curious what you think of the Arcam IrDAC. I've heard really good things from reviewers but not a lot of people seem to own it.
Have you tried bypassing the router and plugging the computer directly into the modem? I'd do this first if you haven't, then test the download speed. If it's still slow then it's an issue with the modem and/or ISP. I wouldn't toss the Linksys AC1900 yet either. Try updating the firmware on it to something from Linksys or DD-WRT.
I've had the Gustard now for 5 months? I supposed to get my HD600 this week, but from what I hear these headphones along with the HD650 are supposed to pair extremely well with the Gustard.From what I've currently experienced though with the Sound Magic HP200's and the Gustard, the Gustard seems overrated. The amp is definitely has an analytical sound as did my HP200. So the combination while good; toned down the treble peak, gave me a more rounded and punchy bass, it...
With what headphones?
2002 - ATI Radeon 9250 - $90 2006 - Nvidia 7600GT - $90 2009 - 8800GT - $60 2012 - AMD Radeon 7770 - $120 2015 - AMD Radeon 380x - $190 Grand Total = $550 I had more cards than I thought and I'm already thinking of upgrade again this year .
I'm not a fan of 5 speakers setups for the same reason so you could run a 3.0 (3 front speakers) setup. If that's too much for the space then the sound bar idea might be best. While majority of the audio people at OCN might say you're wasting you money, I'd try looking over at avsforum's soundbar subforum. There you should be able to find something that's not a waste of money and has decent sound quality.
If you were just planning to listen to some music I'd say you were fine. But if you're planning to watch movies with the setup, you really should look into getting a 5.1 surround sound receiver. The most important thing when watching movies is the dialog, most of which runs through the center channel speaker. You'll still get dialog with the 2.0 but the dialog will be harder to hear. With the 5.1 receiver it'd give you the option to add center channel later if you can't...
Not the direction I'd thought they go, but still hyped.