Posts by Smithcity

Great, let us know how it turns out. If they still have standard sets of EVGA branded sleeved cables that are compatible w/ the older model PSU's and your current model, then you should be safe with the existing pin diagrams...
The psu tester will let you test the cables, but you have to have the psu turned on w/ the cable plugged into the psu.I forgot about the jumpstart plug, sounds like you have everything you need.Not sure if the pin diagrams are the same on the psu side..they should all be the same on the motherboard side. From the pin diagrams i have seen EVGA periodically changes things on the PSU side...
Build is looking good! I like the carbon fiber. Let us know how the psu tester works out.
That is unfortunate. Assuming you arent missing anything the best suggestion I can think of is to turn the psu on with no cabels plugged in (hopefully you at least have the 2 correct wires on the 24pin to short togrther). Theb take a multimeter, probe everything and re-create a pin diagram.Or buy a psu tester and see where the cables are wrong if you dont mind spending a little extra.
Update 13: Custom LED Lighting Wanted LED lights in some of the blocks, decided to do custom wires. Fairly simple, test all the LED's (3mm and 5mm) first with a bread board. I connected the lights to a open header on my fan controller which outputs 12V max, LED's were 5V so I used a 200Ohm resistor for protection. Soldered wires to each end of the LED's, heat-shrink, sleeve, and I placed the resistor at the end of the wire opposite the LED. I used a...
I'm doing pretty much this configuration exactly. Top radiator --> bay reservoir --> cylinder reservoir --> pump --> bottom radiator. I just finished piping it up, you can see my build log for details: http://www.overclock.net/t/1496186/build-log-corsair-900d-tx-61-everything-h2o-cooled/60#post_24087671 I'll have an update next week with the loop filled. You can see how it turns out for me and decide if it will work for you.
I'm new to this, so I'm very open to constructive criticism...will leave it at that. Lighting coming then some liquid :-).Lol. In regards to the capacitors, some manufacturers include them with their cables to smooth out any ripple in the DC voltage, especially during higher loads. Most people remove the capacitors during sleeving, and simply leave an extra 20% overhead in their build and not worry about it.
I've seen James build, it is fantastic! One difference between our builds is that he has 3x graphics cards, I only have two. I'm new to water cooling, this is my first WC machine, so perhaps I am doing it wrong. I was under the impression that the water moves through the system fast enough that there is enough thermal capacity to cool everything in one big loop, radiator placement etc... didn't make that big a difference (not more than 1-3C temp differential at any point...
Aesthetics would be the reason. It is overkill and un-necessary, but I wanted them.
Update 12: Acrylic Bending / Test FittingWay behind on updates…. time to finish this log!This is my first time water cooling, as well as rigid pipe bending. I figured it’d be important to have the correct tools, so I am using the Monsoon Hardline 1/2” (13mm) bending kit. I have to say, this is a fantastic kit, and I highly recommend it. Performance-PCs youtube channel has some great videos on using the kit and heating tubing.I got a 3/4” thick piece of particle board to...