Posts by Tivan

I'd imagine that there's some indirect causation at work here then. I sure learned about a lot of things going on in the world due to gaming (and anime), and about myself. But yeah, it's not a straightforward process and might take away from other supposed priorities, or where the supposed priorities are too harshly enforced, it might take away from time socializing. (I sure have seen a trend there in my home country, towards less autonomy over your afternoon time in...
Looking at the diagram, the drones just go down, and are brought back up via other balloon based vehicles.
Just for clarity, the second quote refers to the wrong person/comment. The-Beast said that a bit further down. (edit: ops messed up my quoting too, fixed.)
There's plenty, but I'm pretty sure that this legislation is not crafted to combat that, anyhow. But just a quick reminder that it helps to make a cheat program to encourage the making of more cheat resistant games and servers. We can't hope that every single person on this earth won't randomly stumble upon an exploit or server vulnerability and not use it for something. Rather have a better game and online infrastructure be made. (thinking there've lessons to learn for...
Just wanted to make sure, we seem to be in agreement on that pretty much. See my edit for my fleshed out view on the core issue!
What precedent? Police taking down people who're making money by ruining the player experience of an online game which has financial repercussions for the company running the game? I agree that it should be a legitimate option for people who legally run servers for a profit, to see for people to play by the rules. At the same time, it must be understood that some level of server side security must be present, or we're asking for trouble from that end. Worst case, we get...
I think my final edit on my last post fits pretty well there, sorry for all those edits! To repeat it: The question then becomes yet another one, how do we get consumers, artists, big brands and rightholder associations represented and legislation crafted with input from all sides.That's the process by which I'd imagine we could come up with the legislation needed to take care of issues like that.For one, maybe Blizz needs to segregate the userbase between paid accounts...
But that's fraudulent, I'm pretty sure! The youtube process is designed to be disputable just as easily, by the way.also I added something to my last post but I guess for sequencing it's better here anyway:Guess we hold disagreeing views there. Feel free to tell me why you hold this view, if you want! I just don't see the merit for the industry, and consequently not for customer either. While I see the downsides for the customer and the society.edit: as for "the entire...
And I'd bet that many just ignored the threats because they were acting within their legal rights. I'm not saying you're legally entitled to provide a competing service, but there's plenty things that go under fair use.First of all, you need to be the IP owner to send a legitimate DMCA. With this proposal, anyone can tell the police to go investigate if someone's IP was modified without consent of the IP owner.edit: "you'll never see me condone bypassing getting...
See my edit, I guess I'll just post it here again.My argument boils down to that for the most part, it's not for gaming companies to decide whether people can make widescreen fixes (and the like) for their games or not. Of course that's my opinion, maybe not yours!As for 'why is it dificult': It's a lot of work for the police, extra work for game companies, jail time for anyone who actually makes a mod for a game where the game company or bank sitting on the IP said no and...