Posts by MESeidel

NVM sry
Hope I don't hijack your thread. Can someone give numbers on power consumption or PPD/W for this upgrade?
My GTS-250'S had the capacitor noise as well. It went away after some months. Well maybe it didn't went away but at least became more silent than the fans.
congrats and nice nick name ;o)
Quote: Originally Posted by bmanpard Would look tons better if it wasn't so white. Silver could work Silver is extremely hard to handle. There is only a very thin area between "cheap plastic like consumer silver" look and "wants to be real expansive mineral but is only paint" look. With black and white you are on the save side. Both are love or hate colours. And having both means you get 100% of the costumers happy^^
Quote: Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx I was thinking the same. I get around 3200 PPD with each of my 4890's. I'd say around 6000PPD. There are a few people that have them, surely they can do a few WU's and let us know! EDIT: Just found this http://www.rage3d.com/previews/video...index.php?p=13 Just want to add that this WU is not the best in general. But still far too bad for the amount of shader processors and the improvements...
I might do, when no one else does. Have not much time over atm....
There is a post in the official forum, that shows clearly that VBox runs Linux SMP. I'm a long term VBopx user and always liked it. It is very easy to setup ;o) Also you don't need a machine file. Just like the expansive VMWare products, you can bind in your CD drive or image and boot+install from that.
Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE Well from what I have heard the Bandwidth needed for folding is very small. The only time it really gets in contact with the OS is to make saving checkpoints. The bandwidth is not very important, yes. But it needs a "minimum" and over that there is no more increase to expect. data is flowing all the time, not only on checkpoints. For a 8800GT you will at least need PCI-Ex 2x, because 1x has a big impact...
I know but it is still more than PCI can offer...