Posts by Zurv

The Nvidia RMA process is a pain in the butt. I just RMA'd one of my cards because it just wanted to run at x8 and was also unstable. I had to talk to someone on IM chat for like an hour. Send a billion pix. then wait days for a response. Even if Nvidia wanted to be the only one making this model, they could have at least use amazon or something. I could have had a return in a day.
in the bios, tools, GPU post..what is that saying? also gen 2? (you don't need the gen 3 patch anymore. That was super old )
that would point to GPU to me.. or drivers/windows.did you try DDU and reinstall the drivers?
Anyone seen this crazy before? the card isn't in that slot. in the GPU post screen the video card always shows up in slot 2 or 4. Normally at x8 (tho i nthe pix it is x16) But in windows. GPU-Z shows it at x16 in slot one. bug in the bios? bug in my board? (does it matter? I have 3 other x99 mobos and the GPU post into is always right.. and may time very useful) FYI, this is rampage V 10 year (which i installed last night) (and cracked one of my water blocks.....
how does your compare? I just got the full block because it looks cool. the 6950 hits a wall and it isn't because of heat, so i haven't looked at temps. (it block is MUCH!! worse as looking the CPU just a pure CPU block)What is the CPU package? that sucker gets hot. Can you do me a fav and look in the bios and see if the GPU post info it wrong like mine edit: now that i'm looking.. i kinda wish i could go back in time and not use this block. holy cow does it suck at...
I'm sorry if someone asked this before.. But here is something odd i'm seeing. In the bios. In the GPU Post menu. It is showing my video card in the wrong slot. The card is in PCI 1/x16... but it shows it in 2 or sometimes 4 in the bios at x8. GPU-Z in windows shows it correctly in 1 x16 gen 3. It is really odd. (it just put the mobo in last night) There is a bug some place hopefully just that menu. I used bios 901 and the new beta 1001. Anyone else seeing this? (I...
what did you plug them with? can i use the tops of the waterblocks that are taken off the cards to connect them to terminals? That should work.. the only downside might be the grooves for the rubber on both sides...
i'm not talking about SLI bridges.. but water bridges.
i should have been more clear.. WATER bridge i wonder if i can just close up the middle ports on a 3 way EK terminal bridge and just use the ends... hrmm...
oh blah! here is a rampage V/SLI question Do I *NEED* to use PCI 1 and 3 or is that just suggested? yes, using 1 and 3 would give me 16x on both. (I can live with 16/8.) I just put 2 TXP in that system (waterblocked/etc) and the perf is a little wacky. I'm not sure if the issue is because i'm using pci 1 and 2 or something else. My gut tells me it is something else as that computer has been running 3 titan XM for a long time and 3 1080s for a short time (and the 1080s...